• Undecided

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Not buying

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Kinda curious about whether the poll in this thread is all that accurate... most replied they'll be getting the 4.7... but every 2 out of 3 post seems to indicate most are going with the 5.5... and judging from the backorder on 6 Plus... but can still get the 6 on 9/19 (not all versions - some are 7-10 days)... So either the supply of the Plus is severely limited (like they did last year on the gold 5S)... or the demand (and I guess globally, the Plus is likely in MUCH higher demand) for the Plus is way bigger than even Apple expected....

I'm 100% sure Apple did not make enough of the Plus variant. I don't think they expected this kind of demand for the bigger iPhone 6. Many people have preordered the iPhone 6 4.7 as well but it's still available. The Plus got sold out quickly so not enough units available from Apple could be the only reason.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You aren't going to believe this, but I decided to cancel my preorder. I have been going back and forth with this for a couple of days now. And I really just came to the conclusion that I really don't need another iPhone now. I was looking at my current iPhone 5S and it really is all I need. I don't need the bigger screen because I have an iPad Air for the things I would want a bigger screen for.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

That's understandable. The 5S is plenty for anyone. And next sep is here before you know it. Save money. And you give devs a year to optimize apps for the new screen sizes so you'll hop in at a good point.

Don't know if you have ios 8 on both yet but you'll like the new experience with handoff and continuity.

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I've decided I'll be getting the iPhone 6 Plus. I've been playing around with my mother's Note 3 and I just love the size. It's not really that big. I've always wanted a bigger screen but have never wanted to move to Android mainly because of the OS and UI. I think iOS on a bigger screen be it the 6 or 6 Plus will be a great experience.

iPhone 6 Plus, 64GB, Silver

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
And the 6 Plus will definitely be the end of my bad habit of using the phone one handed on the road. Which will be annoying for a while but much safer.

I have a buddy with a Note 3... guess what... he texts with BOTH hands while driving... anyone thinking the larger phone will stop their texting while driving is fooling themselves... will just be more dangerous

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm 100% sure Apple did not make enough of the Plus variant. I don't think they expected this kind of demand for the bigger iPhone 6. Many people have preordered the iPhone 6 4.7 as well but it's still available. The Plus got sold out quickly so not enough units available from Apple could be the only reason.

Looking at some of the comments... the 6 will probably be getting a lot of order cancelations and I bet returns.... It's the 'Gold' iPhone situation all over again... Kinda funny in a way

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a buddy with a Note 3... guess what... he texts with BOTH hands while driving... anyone thinking the larger phone will stop their texting while driving is fooling themselves... will just be more dangerous

She uses one hand when texting while driving. It won't be possible to do that with one hand only on the 6 Plus. That said, your friend is endangering himself and others. Texting with both hands while driving? Why would he do that?

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Looking at some of the comments... the 6 will probably be getting a lot of order cancelations and I bet returns.... It's the 'Gold' iPhone situation all over again... Kinda funny in a way

I disagree. I think a lot of people are going to get their iphone 6 plus and realize how big it really is and how much they will have to change to accommodate that size and return it. Time shall tell.

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
People keep talking about "embargo" and when Apple lifts it we'll start seeing reviews for both phones. What does that mean?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
We may see the case that the 6 plus has compromises. There's some concern over the downscaling the plus has to do. Combine that with just 1 gb ram, same a8 processor as the 6, and you could have performance issues.

Of course this may not amount to much but already it feels like apple had to go to plan b for the Plus. Another ipad 3? Hopefully some reviews shed light on it.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
We may see the case that the 6 plus has compromises. There's some concern over the downscaling the plus has to do. Combine that with just 1 gb ram, same a8 processor as the 6, and you could have performance issues.

Of course this may not amount to much but already it feels like apple had to go to plan b for the Plus. Another ipad 3? Hopefully some reviews shed light on it.

Something Rene Ritchie said on Twitter goes something like this:

If the A7 chip can power a 2048x1536 display, the A8 can power the 1920x1080 on the 6+.

I still agree with your point though. We may see some minor performance issues with the 6+.

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Doesn't the 6 Plus have 2 GB of RAM?

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Grey 6 for me. 6+ is simply to large for me. Several of my friends have Notes and they are to big for me. With the plus being even larger it's an easy choice for my needs. I prefer black so I'm going Space Grey.

GCMS

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Gonna go with grey 6 for me. I like to jog with my phone in pocket with headphones in ears. I can't even fathom the thought of jogging with the 6+ in pocket! 😁

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods