• Undecided

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Not buying

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm honestly not sure how much I'll appreciate OIS since I don't take many photos. And the ones I have I thought were perfectly fine on my 5S.

I would, however, appreciate the better battery if the 6 plus.

My main concern will be picketability. I don't want to keep my phone in a table when I sit.

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm stuck as well. Get the 16GB 6+ or 64Gb 6? Wonder if the OIS will be a big deal. Pics are great on my 5S so I doubt it'll be a huge difference.

That is the only thing that has me on the fence right now. Will the OIS help that much?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why people keep saying the Plus has better battery life. The iPhone 6 Plus' battery life is not better than the iPhone 6's. It has a bigger battery because the Plus is a big phone and so it needs more power. This does not mean that the Plus will not need charging, what you do on the phone will certainly affect the battery. And it certainly does not mean that the iPhone 6 (4.7) has poor battery life.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why people keep saying the Plus has better battery life. The iPhone 6 Plus' battery life is not better than the iPhone 6's. It has a bigger battery because the Plus is a big phone and so it needs more power. This does not mean that the Plus will not need charging, what you do on the phone will certainly affect the battery. And it certainly does not mean that the iPhone 6 (4.7) has poor battery life.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410438889.320672.jpg

This graphic suggests otherwise and is likely the premise behind what people are saying.

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 64374

This graphic suggests otherwise and is likely the premise behind what people are saying.

Yes. Of course the numbers are bigger because the battery is bigger. It doesn't mean the iPhone 6 will have poor battery life, or that it's no good. In the end, it will depend on what you do, and this goes for both models.

Edit: Also, those are Apple estimates. Really how many times have those numbers been accurate?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Of course the numbers are bigger because the battery is bigger. It doesn't mean the iPhone 6 will have poor battery life, or that it's no good. In the end, it will depend on what you do, and this goes for both models.

Edit: Also, those are Apple estimates. Really how many times have those numbers been accurate?

I understand what you are saying and agree that only real world usage will tell the tale. Merely pointing out that this is likely the cause for many of the comments you've been seeing.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm going for the 6, 64 gigs, now to choose the color, i do know gold is out!

That was my original choice, but since the keynote I'm undecided. Every time I see a photo of the iPhone 6plus it reminds me of that famous quote " One big step for man and one giant leap for mankind" (something like that)....SMILE

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
pretty much set on 6 in space grey - I just have to decide 64 vs 128... but tempted to go the full monty and go 128... i have a 5 32 now, and it's always full - Im at a minimum amount of apps, and can't keep any movies on it... with my 5 being only 5mp, the new one will taking larger filesize pics, and i like keep a healthy photo library on my phone, not having to rely on cloud access all the time...

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Also... it won't be gold... unless I have no choice lol. That's how I ended up with the space gray last year vs. gold.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
pretty much set on 6 in space grey - I just have to decide 64 vs 128... but tempted to go the full monty and go 128... i have a 5 32 now, and it's always full - Im at a minimum amount of apps, and can't keep any movies on it... with my 5 being only 5mp, the new one will taking larger filesize pics, and i like keep a healthy photo library on my phone, not having to rely on cloud access all the time...

The 5 had an 8mp camera as well.

But I do believe the pics on the 6 will take more space on the device... and video as well.

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

I believe I am in the same boat, I think I have decided to go space gray, 6, 64 gigs

yungskeeme

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm stuck as well. Get the 16GB 6+ or 64Gb 6? Wonder if the OIS will be a big deal. Pics are great on my 5S so I doubt it'll be a huge difference.

I decided to go with the 6 64GB. I'm going through ATT Next and the price I would pay for the 16GB 6+ I can get the 64GB 6. My 5S battery is not bad so standard 6 can't be bad.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
That is the only thing that has me on the fence right now. Will the OIS help that much?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

I am a professional photographer and can chime in here. OIS will definitely help..... in the right situations. Mainly night shots, or low light shots of static objects where the shutter needs to be open those fractions of the second longer. Than and only than will it make a difference. However the difference (in theory) should be definitely noticeable. Cleaner pictures, lower ISO (means less grain/noise), etc etc.

However that size has me concerned. I have a 5s and an LG G3. I think the G3 is the perfect size, if anything just a touch to wide for my hands. But that battery life on the 6 plus makes me want it baaaddddd.

Gazella

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Can't believe the iPhone 6+ is larger than my Note 3. Thank god for big hands. :)

Not really a difference. They both have almost the exact same dimensions. The iPhone 6 Plus is just slightly taller.

image.jpg

image.jpg

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
followed through and ordered a 4.7... the 5.5 features were appealing, but in the end, the ginormous size just wasn't what I was looking for - pocket ability and one-handed usage are more important to me than OIS and 401ppi.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods