should I get and iPhone 6 4.7? or an Android?

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I fully agree with you (and said something similar in post 48). We should probably all learn not to answer questions as vague as "are Android phones or iPhones better", as there's not really a useful reply other than to try them out for yourself.

All,

I have to say this and forgive me for not being appropriate. You guys really helped confirm my decision of why I should get and iPhone 6 over an Android (provided research points also). My question was sincere.

I thank you.

Anony_Mouse I am now convinced from your above comment you are a 15 years old who needs attention. To sum it up an "[redacted]".

I got what I needed from this posting and it is baked :)

Thanks,

A.B.

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So, are you saying that the only acceptable answer on this website to the question "should I get and iPhone 6 4.7” or an Android?" (sic) is "in all circumstances and regardless of the fact that the iPhone 6 hasn't been announced yet, you must get the iPhone 6"?

I don't even understand how you came up with this...such a weird response, especially given that you saw my original retort to the OP and even agreed with part of it. Just ridiculous.

DylanR201593

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
What I suggest is going to your carrier store or an Apple store once they release the 4.7 inch iPhone 6. Take the iPhone 6 and politely ignore the workers there! Go over the phone. Do you like the feel the OS. Can you do basic things you need to easily. Email, camera, message people, internet browsing, access features and so on with the things you do the most! Then go to a Android device! Do the exact same thing! Once you look at them each and compare the pros and cons. Anymore especially in the tech world it's impossible to rely on other peoples opinions. Because that's their opinions and likes about it! Not your own!

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
What I suggest is going to your carrier store or an Apple store once they release the 4.7 inch iPhone 6. Take the iPhone 6 and politely ignore the workers there! Go over the phone. Do you like the feel the OS. Can you do basic things you need to easily. Email, camera, message people, internet browsing, access features and so on with the things you do the most! Then go to a Android device! Do the exact same thing! Once you look at them each and compare the pros and cons. Anymore especially in the tech world it's impossible to rely on other peoples opinions. Because that's their opinions and likes about it! Not your own!

Agreed. Don't listen to carrier store salespeople. You're likely to get information such as these gems I overheard in a Verizon store in Utah shortly after the iPhone 5 launched:

1. The screen is larger because it has more megapixels.

2. The back is made of titanium.

3. The Galaxy S III is faster than the iPhone 5.

4. The 4S and the 5 both have one gigabyte of RAM.

5. Video on the 4S in rendered in DVD quality and on the 5 in Blu-Ray quality.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. Don't listen to carrier store salespeople. You're likely to get information such as these gems I overheard in a Verizon store in Utah shortly after the iPhone 5 launched:

1. The screen is larger because it has more megapixels.

2. The back is made of titanium.

3. The Galaxy S III is faster than the iPhone 5.

4. The 4S and the 5 both have one gigabyte of RAM.

5. Video on the 4S in rendered in DVD quality and on the 5 in Blu-Ray quality.

Honestly, the carrier store people are some of the absolute least knowledgeable people to buy a phone from on the planet, with the exception of a few workers.

I wonder how much misinformation has been spread just from the carrier stores alone :cant-watch:

darlene24

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I guess if will use for work, I would rather go to iPhone. and it depends on the approach given by the manufacturers in regards to their specs and other matters. and it's also up to you where you find yourself more easy.. both android and apple are good tho

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
What is goofy about android is that one can not update to the newer versions like can be done on Apple devices.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
What is goofy about android is that one can not update to the newer versions like can be done on Apple devices.

Sorry you lost me. Why can't an Android be updated to the newest version?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
That's because it's a Google product..

Yes of courses the Nexus devices get the timely updates over other Androids but it's not quite true that androids can not be upgraded to newer versions.

The updates on Android are generally not as timely or predictable as iOS but they do happen at least to the high end devices.

So IMHO to say Androids cannot be upgraded to a newer OS like Apple is both drastic and dramatic. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Besides the Nexus line of devices, the rest of the phones usually don't get updated very quickly, or at all.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Besides the Nexus line of devices, the rest of the phones usually don't get updated very quickly, or at all.
My Moto X, bought last year, has received two OS updates so far. I am currently running Android 4.4.4, with a guaranteed update to Android L when it is released. So, Nexus is not the only line to get timely updates.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok with the exception of a few: Nexus, Moto X, and kind of the HTC One M7 and M8(supposed to get the latest version within 90 days) :)

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
That is what I thought. Does not make sense to have new Android versions and not be able to update devices.

And that's exactly why the only device I'd ever buy except except an iPhone is a Nexus. Pure Android, updated straight from the source as soon as the update is released. :)

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
That is what I thought. Does not make sense to have new Android versions and not be able to update devices.

So much mis information going on here, it is unbelievable for a great forum like this.

It is absolutely not true that Android devices cannot get updated to newer version.

What Apple does have is complete and sole control over the devices and so the updates come when Apple decides to do so.

With the Android, the manufacture and the provider have control or at least some say in when the updates come out to what devices, this results in delays.

If one buys an high end Android device today, if there are updates it is guaranteed to get them.

The Samsung S4 is over a year old and it is getting all the updates and they are the ones notorious for dragging their feet with updates.

Hope this will clarify some of the misconception. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Actually they are right and so are you. One part is that it is up to the manufacture to have a device update (if they wish). Samsung is very slow at it but does update the device to a certain point before they will End-of-Life which is normally 2 years. Sony on the other hand will drop after a year (They could have change the policy). My experience has been with my Moto and Samsung that the performance drops because of the HW performance requirement are normally needed with new versions. That was the same with my S3 and pretty much all my friends S3. So the update drove us to get new mobiles. My kids we happy with that because now they have gaming devices.

It is a fact that Google will work on their products line before release out to other manufactures. It is easy to search for that information.
You can use third part mods to get the latest version on older mobiles but stabilize is normally not always there.

A.B.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods