should I get and iPhone 6 4.7? or an Android?

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
There's nothing worse than a troll that can't/won't own up to it.

Why do you think I am a troll? (Writing that is both disrespectful and against forum rules)
The title of the thread is "should I get and iPhone 6 4.7” or an Android?" and my answer is absolutely relevant and reasonable.

BTW, I strongly agree with something you said in an earlier post:

How a person could make a final decision on a device that isn't even on the market yet is pretty silly to me...you've got to try these phones out, get a feel for them at least on a basic level before properly putting your money towards something you'll really want.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
What you seem to be doing is more like try to annoy than contribute. SeanHRCC comment was more of a contribute category. If you read all the comments you will understand what the path of communication was and the background associated with it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
All,

I am trying to decide if I should get and iPhone 6 4.7” or an Android? Work has given me those 2 options. I have a Nokia Lumia Icon (“Which I love”), but they are in the process of venting those phones and will not be available till 2015.

At work I really get no facts just fanatical reasoning:tongue:. I ask the same question on Android forms and I get mostly adolescent responses. The carrier sales individuals have no idea what they are selling

Thanks,

A.B.

I would get what works for you and what you want. If you want IOS and an iPhone, wait for the iPhone 6. If you like a little bit more choice and many more options, there are lots of nice android phones out there as well. Plus if you are deeply invested in one ecosystem or another that can be a key deciding factor for you.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
What you seem to be doing is more like try to annoy than contribute. SeanHRCC comment was more of a contribute category. If you read all the comments you will understand what the path of communication was and the background associated with it.
I am quite envious of your ability to make up your mind without even seeing the device. I, on the other hand, have to play with one and even after that keep changing my mind.

The problem with today's devices is that they are all reasonably good, work as expected, and have their pluses and minuses. Its just a matter of what's important to the user.

Hope the i6 meets all your expectations. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I am quite envious of your ability to make up your mind without even seeing the device. I, on the other hand, have to play with one and even after that keep changing my mind.

The problem with today's devices is that they are all reasonably good, work as expected, and have their pluses and minuses. Its just a matter of what's important to the user.

Hope the i6 meets all your expectations. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If you read I have research all possible specs. I actually did play with may different mobiles from the carrier to best-buy. From individuals who had the IOS 8 beta x updates to different mods provided by third party. Since it is a tool you also have to trust other individuals experience (good and bad). At one point you will have to take a leap and trust you have made a good choice. You only really get one shot and then you have to wait a while.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't really see the problem with making a decision on a device before you actually play with it. I have had so many devices over the years (especially smartphones) that I pretty much know which upcoming devices I would like and which I wouldn't like. I can tell you today, that if Apple comes out with a 5.5 inch phone, I am going to be all over it next year when I decide to retire my 5S. I don't need to have it in my hand to know that I will like it. Same goes with the Note series. I can tell you that I will most likely be fine with the Note 4 when it comes out if I chose to pick one up. I have had the previous three versions and all of them have been awesome. Same with Nexus devices. I have had all of them. Can't see myself not liking the Nexus 6.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't really see the problem with making a decision on a device before you actually play with it. I have had so many devices over the years (especially smartphones) that I pretty much know which upcoming devices I would like and which I wouldn't like. I can tell you today, that if Apple comes out with a 5.5 inch phone, I am going to be all over it next year when I decide to retire my 5S. I don't need to have it in my hand to know that I will like it. Same goes with the Note series. I can tell you that I will most likely be fine with the Note 4 when it comes out if I chose to pick one up. I have had the previous three versions and all of them have been awesome. Same with Nexus devices. I have had all of them. Can't see myself not liking the Nexus 6.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

To each their own, it doesn't work for me. Here is my latest adventure.

I have a 27" iMac, a 13" MBP, an iPad Air, and an iPhone 5s. So when a need developed for a smaller tablet that I would use during my travels, for reading books, emails, some web browsing etc, I naturally got the iPad Mini r.

I knew everything there was to know about, or so I thought including playing with my co worker's ipad Mini but it still didn't work out. I realized within a day of using it that it had all the expected disadvantages of a smaller tablet but wasn't small or light enough. It was too wide and too heavy to be held in one hand which is what I wanted. So I exchanged it for the Nexus 7 whose dimensions and zippiness are perfect for me.

By no way this means I am switching over to Android, all it means is that I can never buy or decide to buy a device without trying it out first Kudos to those who can and have no regrets.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

To be honest, I think the problem is that I said something nice about an Android device. Although I think that was quite reasonable and certainly not 'trolling' on a thread entitled " should I get and iPhone 6 4.7” or an Android?" (sic).

You should buy whichever device you like the best, while taking into account price and other things you could spend the money on. My points are simply:
- I still don't get how you can judge a device which hasn't yet been announced (to be clear, I am NOT saying the iPhone 6 won't be great).
- That there are very good options available at a quarter of the price of an iPhone 5C if you prefer to save some money to spend on something more interesting. If you don't like the Moto G, check out what Huawei and even Nokia have to offer.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Has nothing to do with your preference of smart phone...it has to do with the fact that you signed up on an Apple product-centric community to make sure everyone knows it in as many possible ways as you can can away with. I call you a troll because you come here to negatively provoke people, while at the same time pretty much opposing every topic you heavily contribute in with your opinions on a product that the community isn't representative of.

Or, in more concise verbiage...I called you a troll because that is exactly what you're being.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Why do you think I am a troll? (Writing that is both disrespectful and against forum rules)
The title of the thread is "should I get and iPhone 6 4.7? or an Android?" and my answer is absolutely relevant and reasonable.

BTW, I strongly agree with something you said in an earlier post:

He never directly called you a troll. The hit dog barks first...

bukuri

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
With the new iPhone and iOS 8, 100% of my complaints with iOS/iPhone are gone. App extensions allow the OS to communicate with any app and all Apps can have the ability to communicate with each other as well. I no longer miss Android at all. And the Google Search App for iOS is very well developed...the many features of the "Cards" (location based reminders, traffic to upcoming appointments, package tracking, flight status updates etc) along with Google Maps give me the best of Google and iOS.
I would definitely go with the new iPhone.

iOS 7 - 5s - iMore Forums

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
With the new iPhone and iOS 8, 100% of my complaints with iOS/iPhone are gone. App extensions allow the OS to communicate with any app and all Apps can have the ability to communicate with each other as well. I no longer miss Android at all. And the Google Search App for iOS is very well developed...the many features of the "Cards" (location based reminders, traffic to upcoming appointments, package tracking, flight status updates etc) along with Google Maps give me the best of Google and iOS.
I would definitely go with the new iPhone.

iOS 7 - 5s - iMore Forums

This. All of the best features of Android are now coming to iOS, like widgets and app extensions. Ther isn't a reason for me to switch at all especially now. :)

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Has nothing to do with your preference of smart phone...it has to do with the fact that you signed up on an Apple product-centric community to make sure everyone knows it in as many possible ways as you can can away with. I call you a troll because you come here to negatively provoke people, while at the same time pretty much opposing every topic you heavily contribute in with your opinions on a product that the community isn't representative of.

Or, in more concise verbiage...I called you a troll because that is exactly what you're being.

So, are you saying that the only acceptable answer on this website to the question "should I get and iPhone 6 4.7? or an Android?" (sic) is "in all circumstances and regardless of the fact that the iPhone 6 hasn't been announced yet, you must get the iPhone 6"?

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 6 is not the only valid choice. I'm not the OP and I have no idea what the best phone is for the OP.
Forums (in general) would be a lot more civil if people would stop seeking the affirmation of the crowd on what should be a personal decision and get the phone they like best.

I fully agree with you (and said something similar in post 48). We should probably all learn not to answer questions as vague as "are Android phones or iPhones better", as there's not really a useful reply other than to try them out for yourself.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
When I advised my niece recently on which phone to get, she obviously wanted an iphone but was concerned about its price considering what they're doing to sell android phones with better offers. You really shouldn't be that wrapped up in hardware..all the makers make decent hardware.

It comes down to what you want to do or be able to do with your phone. Brands rule in apps as you see on the frontpage. Apple has them. Amazon, Facebook, MS, Google, and yes, Apple. All those ecosystems can be accessed (which can't be said for the competition) and are optimized (for the most part) for iOS. Plus it can never be ignored that iOS is made for the iphone and vice versa. Then there's continuity with ipad, Mac, apple tv, etc. iOS 8 will enable significant improved apps and new kinds.

Throw in value retained when reselling, support, Applecare warranty and it becomes an easy choice. You don't have to deal with carriers or mobile places such as best buy. Apple usually swaps your phone if it's not working right. Done.

So perhaps an android works better for some. Unless you're diehard Google or there's just an android feature that you can't live without, then it usually boils down to the fact that person wanted a larger screen or could save a few bucks initially. Soon enough, that screen size differential won't be a factor.

Why limit yourself to certain ecosystems or services? Get an iphone and have it all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I fully agree with you (and said something similar in post 48). We should probably all learn not to answer questions as vague as "are Android phones or iPhones better", as there's not really a useful reply other than to try them out for yourself.

A good deal of replies to threads that seek crowd affirmation are answered appropriately, in my opinion. Having said that, those of us who frequent the iMore forum, especially the moderators, can usually spot trends, and have a good feel for the people who are asking sincerely and those who are not. Longtime and respected members of the community often provide "tough love" to those who appear to be looking for a dispute....:)....Nonetheless, we know that there will always be threads and posts pitting Apple against Android and others, and we will continue to deal with them appropriately....:)

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
A good deal of replies to threads that seek crowd affirmation are answered appropriately, in my opinion. Having said that, those of us who frequent the iMore forum, especially the moderators, can usually spot trends, and have a good feel for the people who are asking sincerely and those who are not. Longtime and respected members of the community often provide "tough love" to those who appear to be looking for a dispute....:)....Nonetheless, we know that there will always be threads and posts pitting Apple against Android and others, and we will continue to deal with them appropriately....:)

I used to moderate on another iPhone-cenric forum. Your points are dead on.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR