Will An 1,810 mAh Battery Be Sufficient For The 4.7" iPhone 6?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I am usually lucky if i am able to get 4.5 hours of usage, if even that much. I will post a screen shot tonight once it goes back on the charger.

Interesting. There are a lot of variations in battery life. Some people can get 7+ hours, and some, like yourself, get less than 5 hours.

What are some other settings you use? Do you use max brightness and Bluetooth all the time or something?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. There are a lot of variations in battery life. Some people can get 7+ hours, and some, like yourself, get less than 5 hours.

What are some other settings you use? Do you use max brightness and Bluetooth all the time or something?

Brightness is turned down to around 30%, background refresh, Bluetooth, location settings all off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's all in what you do and how long you do it. I normally get about 8.5 to 9 hours per charge with "Reduce Transparency" toggled on. 7 to 7.5 with it toggled off. Most of what I do is forums, some Facebook, Words with Friends, photo work. I'm on my phone almost non stop.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Impressive!

I don't do streaming. I mainly do messaging through mail and loads of BBM. Loads of FB. Forums. Paying bills. Shopping.
Nothing turned off really. Brightness low.
About four hours of voice but two of those I might already be in the car and if I am I plug in.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

If I don't play any games I can get about 7 hours of usage with 30 hours of standby with 3G only.

Sent from my iPhone 5S (beta testing) or 5th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
If I don't play any games I can get about 7 hours of usage with 30 hours of standby with 3G only.

Sent from my iPhone 5S (beta testing) or 5th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

That's pretty good battery life. Isn't that the same amount of hours Apple says it will get?

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Impressive!

16h a week is not impressive, that is 16h / 7d = 2h30mn per day when on cellular data. 24h per week when over wifi is less than 4h a day. I'm certain he have features turned on in the phone.
The thing is, the more powerful processors will become, the more power they will require to run powerful features specially if those features are not on demand but 24h/7d enable. And look at Apple pushing to the limit of paper weight size phone. I wonder who told Apple that I need the slimmest phone on the planet. Things could be easy to handle if it was only about battery and processor, but now that slim is in the equation, I just cross fingers to be wrong, so that I will not be worrying about what features to turn in other to save battery life and more importantly, to stop worrying about my battery dying at 3pm of the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
16h a week is not impressive, that is 16h / 7d = 2h30mn per day when on cellular data. 24h per week when over wifi is less than 4h a day. I'm certain he have features turned on in the phone.
The thing is, the more powerful processors will become, the more power they will require to run powerful features specially if those features are not on demand but 24h/7d enable. And look at Apple pushing to the limit of paper weight size phone. I wonder who told Apple that I need the slimmest phone on the planet. Things could be easy to handle if it was only about battery and processor, but now that slim is in the equation, I just cross fingers to be wrong, so that I will not be worrying about what features to turn in other to save battery life and more importantly, to stop worrying about my battery dying at 3pm of the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm gonna venture out on a limb that she is referring to hours per day, during the week, and not hours per week.

I'm totally with you on the the thinness of the phone vs thicker, higher capacity battery. I don't get their emphasis on phone thinness either.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro