iPhone 6: 4" and 4.7" Models Only?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Today I was reading an article on MacRumors about some leaked parts, and I looked into the comments. Someone made a really good point about the next models of the iPhone. They were saying that since all we have are 4.7" leaks and no 5.5", maybe they would refresh a 4" model along with releasing a 4.7" model. This would follow the strategy of last year, where they just revised the 5 and turned it into the 5c and released the flagship 5s. This actually kind of makes sense, but I wanted to know what you guys think.

Here's the screenshot of the comment (highest rated comment on the article):
image.jpg

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This idea could be doable it would keep the customers like me happy as well as the ones that want a bigger screen size

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'd be very surprised if Apple does not release an iPhone with a 5.5" screen, especially with Samsung's Note 4 on the way. And from what I've been reading the Note 4 is going to be one hell of a phone. I don't think Apple will let Samsung dominate the 5"+ screen market, because if Apple sticks within 4 inch screens then Samsung will do just that with the Note 4.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Only time will tell if Apple makes the right move. Right now many people are clambering for a bigger iphone so just say they give us two bigger sizes and the customer base decides to stick with there 4" models after two cycles of sale decline will we see another Coke Classic scenario

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I could see Apple going with a 4" and a 4.7" release. There are millions of folks who are very happy with the current 4" size. Because of that, I was surprised at the get-go that Apple would only release a big, and bigger yet, device offering while foregoing the 4" model.

I also think there would be a lot of disappointed folks if there is not a 5..5" model. But I just cannot see Apple releasing a phablet without first finding a way to slim down the bezels considerably to make the overall size more manageable.

This all comes down to what should be a very interesting Sept 9. We are seeing a slew of leaks (not just rumors and renders) now that the 4.7" phone is readying for full fledge production. It could simply be that the 5.5" model is not to that point yet, and therefore we aren't seeing many parts.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I could see Apple going with a 4" and a 4.7" release. There are millions of folks who are very happy with the current 4" size. Because of that, I was surprised at the get-go that Apple would only release a big, and bigger yet, device offering while foregoing the 4" model.

I also think there would be a lot of disappointed folks if there is not a 5..5" model. But I just cannot see Apple releasing a phablet without first finding a way to slim down the bezels considerably to make the overall size more manageable.

This all comes down to what should be a very interesting Sept 9. We are seeing a slew of leaks (not just rumors and renders) now that the 4.7" phone is readying for full fledge production. It could simply be that the 5.5" model is not to that point yet, and therefore we aren't seeing many parts.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines. Tons of people are happy with the 4", but a lot of people want a 4.7" or 5.5". If Apple leaves out the 4" or the 5.5", there will be a lot of disappointed people. The people who want the 5.5" will be especially disappointed, seeing as all the rumors have pointed to there being a 5.5" this year. Like you said, it truly will be one interesting September 9th :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think there will be a 5.5" screen iPhone 6. I don't see it released until a later date. Rumors have said October. But with no leaks, it may be early 2015. Time will tell. Don't y'all just love the rumors and leaks? I've grown fond of the word Purported. :D

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The thing is though, I don't see them instantly phasing out the iPhone 5S. Regardless of whether it does or doesn't get a slight refresh, it will still be available for sale after the 4.7" is out, I reckon.

After all, the 4S is still available in 8gig format on the Apple website.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I would love to see Apple stick with a 4" screen. I can see them releasing a 4 and a 4.7" iPhone 6. I guess we'll see in a few weeks.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
The thing is though, I don't see them instantly phasing out the iPhone 5S. Regardless of whether it does or doesn't get a slight refresh, it will still be available for sale after the 4.7" is out, I reckon.

After all, the 4S is still available in 8gig format on the Apple website.

I would like to think not, but they did phase out the 5 when the 5c was release.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd actually prefer to keep the 4" size and also introduce a new 4.7" model. The 5.5" really doesn't appeal to me, but a 4" would :)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I would like to think not, but they did phase out the 5 when the 5c was release.

Yes very true but the 5c is really an uprated 5, the 4s has a completely different screen size, which is why I reckon the 5S will stick about for a while after the 6 is released.

I'm very interested to see how Apple are going to play this.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes very true but the 5c is really an uprated 5, the 4s has a completely different screen size, which is why I reckon the 5S will stick about for a while after the 6 is released.

I'm very interested to see how Apple are going to play this.

As I am, the 5s is an awesome device.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of those hoping for the 5.5 model. I will be disappointed. I'd end up getting the 4.7 then. 4 inch screen is to beginning to small. Hurts my eyes view after longer periods. Guess that's what happen about to reach the big 3-0 :(

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm one of those hoping for the 5.5 model. I will be disappointed. I'd end up getting the 4.7 then. 4 inch screen is to beginning to small. Hurts my eyes view after longer periods. Guess that's what happen about to reach the big 3-0 :(

Lol I'm 49 and still have all the accessibilities turned off on my 5s

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I still don't think Apple would release a 5.5 device

I won't say for sure, but I am starting to lean that direction as well. We have hardly any physical proof of the rumored 5.5", or specs, or anything really. I am really starting to doubt its existence :/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2