One month to go!

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Your camera comment I would have to disagree with,,,,, I've had every iPhone model ever made, except the 5c of course :).

The camera on my current Galaxy S5 is way better picture quality wise than the 5s,

I totally plan on switching back to the iPhone now that bigger screen sizes are coming,,, that was the main reason I ditched all my iPhones, those 3.5" and 4" screen sizes were just small.

I'm betting the picture quality of the the upcoming 6 "will" be better than the S5 though,,,, but with picture quality of the S5 vs the 5s,,,, the S5 wins hands down, no contest,,,,, I did side by side comparisons myself and those were my results,,,,,,, and also the results of a ton of YouTube videos as well,,, and many websites.

I do love my Galaxy S5,,,, but I'm dying to get the new 6 on day one !!!!

Cheers
Davyo

You might want a new keyboard... It seems your having trouble hitting the period key in that huge screen.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I've owned both the S5 and 5S as well and I wouldn't say in my experience the S5 camera wins 'hands down'. There are instances where the S5 was better, but not in others (particularly low light situations). But you'll have that given the hardware on the S5 is 6-7 months newer.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Exactly. Sure, the S5's pictures can be blown up large, and in some instances they are better than the 5s. The 5s also has its advantages in the camera aspect like you said, in low light, but the S5 is newer so it should perform better.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok folks: one month to go (I hope) until the iPhone 6 is unveiled! I'm just counting down the days. I can't wait!

If I do get the iPhone 6, I will probably wait until November or March at the latest because the demand will be easier than in September, as I've found in the past.

Here's hoping that the 5.5" 128 GB will be out by November or March. I'd like an iWatch with it as well!

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB, using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

5.5" and 128GB? Man, I wish. I just don't see that happening :(

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
5.5" and 128GB? Man, I wish. I just don't see that happening :(

I am seriously beginning to doubt that the 5.5" even exists. No leaks, no real rumors, just speculation. I'm not saying it doesn't exist though, but rather it doesn't look like it right now based on the very small amount of info we have about it. :)

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I am seriously beginning to doubt that the 5.5" even exists. No leaks, no real rumors, just speculation. I'm not saying it doesn't exist though, but rather it doesn't look like it right now based on the very small amount of info we have about it. :)

I'm beginning to have my doubts as well, and I'm keen to get a 5.5" iPhone.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
You might want a new keyboard... It seems your having trouble hitting the period key in that huge screen.

In the second sentence I hit the coma instead of a period,,,,,,, I'm thinking I should burn in hell for that one.

For what it's worth, all my typing I'm doing from my iPad Air, not my Galaxy S5,,,,, and just to flirt with living in an everlasting hell of forgetful or mis-used punctuation I'm not going to put a period at the end of this paragraph

Cheers
Davyo

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
In the second sentence I hit the coma instead of a period,,,,,,, I'm thinking I should burn in hell for that one.

For what it's worth, all my typing I'm doing from my iPad Air, not my Galaxy S5,,,,, and just to flirt with living in an everlasting hell of forgetful or mis-used punctuation I'm not going to put a period at the end of this paragraph

Cheers
Davyo

Whatever,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Whatever,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Come on Tech. I am willing to bet your posts at Davyo are motivated more by the fact that he is fond of his S5 than his actual use of punctuation. You are better than that. Let's try and keep our dwelling grounds as peaceful as we can. Davyo has been pretty fair in his contributions here despite being an avid android user. Let's keep the daggers for the actual trolls who come here to our home. Lord knows we inherit plenty of them and they'll be coming in droves shortly once the 6 is official ;)

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Come on Tech. I am willing to bet your posts at Davyo are motivated more by the fact that he is fond of his S5 than his actual use of punctuation. You are better than that. Let's try and keep our dwelling grounds as peaceful as we can. Davyo has been pretty fair in his contributions here despite being an avid android user. Let's keep the daggers for the actual trolls who come here to our home. Lord knows we inherit plenty of them and they'll be coming in droves shortly once the 6 is official ;)

I was halfway kidding in both posts directed at him. I agree with you though. I prolly should have just left it. But no, I didn't post that because he uses a S5. I respect people's choice of phone. Heck, it's 5-year-oldish to judge someone by what kind phone/os they use!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I was halfway kidding in both posts directed at him. I agree with you though. I prolly should have just left it. But no, I didn't post that because he uses a S5. I respect people's choice of phone. Heck, it's 5-year-oldish to judge someone by what kind phone/os they use!

I shouldn't have assumed that was the reason. I know better than to assume so I apologize for that. I'm really on the edge with the unveiling finally seeming to be within reach. It's been since the 5 that I have been this fired up for an unveiling. I even decided not to install iOS 8 Betas this time in order to get the complete 'new' experience. I hate wishing life away, but I really want the 9th to get here quickly.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I shouldn't have assumed that was the reason. I know better than to assume so I apologize for that. I'm really on the edge with the unveiling finally seeming to be within reach. It's been since the 5 that I have been this fired up for an unveiling. I even decided not to install iOS 8 Betas this time in order to get the complete 'new' experience. I hate wishing life away, but I really want the 9th to get here quickly.

No worries!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Anything is possible, but why would Apple come out with a 5.5" iPhone? That's only 1.5" away from an iPad mini.

The ipad mini is 7.9" so it is around 2.5" away. It doesn't sound like much, but portability is truly differentiated in the two sizes. I can fit a 5.7" Galaxy Note 3 in my pocket without any issue, yet, I cannot fit an ipad mini.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I think I'll go for the 5.5-inch version. I love big screens for playing games and multimedia. But if I deem the price unreasonable I'll settle for the 4.7-inch version.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro