NEW iPhone 6 Housing Revealed!

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I apologize in advance if this topic has already been covered but for those who haven't seen it, we're looking at what could potentially be the rear outer shell case for the iPhone 6. Just like the one for the 5s was 'leaked' turned out to be legit it looks like it'll be the same case for this one too.

https://bgr.com/2014/07/29/iphone-6-rumors-rear-case/

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Let's hope those bands aren't on the final design. That leaks that were shown stated that they were possibly not final design leaks, because they didn't have any marking and lettering on the back. That statement at least gives me some hope that they won't appear on the final design :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think those bands make it look distinguished and gives it character.

I think the overall aesthetics of Apple products are what give them character. Those bands look so out of place that it's sad. Again, these are all just supposed designs so hopefully this isn't what it comes to.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Well we saw the 'leaked' housing for the iPhone 5s last year and it turned out to be legit. Who's to say it won't be the same this year?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't spend much time looking at the back of the phone either. But the bands don't add to the overall look of the device.

Yeah. It just looks aesthetically not pleasing. Feels like they're really out of place. I can understand needing the bands there but hopefully they would actually be painted to blend in with whatever the color of the device is. Maybe that's just what's missing out of all of this. The white bands just being painted to blend in.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. It just looks aesthetically not pleasing. Feels like they're really out of place. I can understand needing the bands there but hopefully they would actually be painted to blend in with whatever the color of the device is. Maybe that's just what's missing out of all of this. The white bands just being painted to blend in.

Dear me, I hope you're right.

cutemoto

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
If you look closely the apple logo is cut out, hope that means the logo will glow 😃

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums