Is having two speakers on future iPhones important to you?

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Even after reading every one of these replies, my opinion still stands firm. I believe the single speaker on iPhones now is perfectly fine.

Agreed. In the end it's still a tiny phone speaker. I had the HTC One and the speakers were nice, but they were still tiny-sounding phone speakers.

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. In the end it's still a tiny phone speaker. I had the HTC One and the speakers were nice, but they were still tiny-sounding phone speakers.

If it's the One M7 you're talking about, that is indeed pretty tiny-sounding. I still have that at home. But the newer One M8 and the Desire 816 has a much better sounding speakers. Both in terms of clarity, volume, and bass.

But yeah, try to play any phone speakers in a noisy environment and even the "boom sound" speakers doesn't sound so boomy. It's great for indoors though, or a quick video while taking a dump (come on, we've all done it :p). Lol.

But in the end, it's a nice to have, not a must have.

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If it's the One M7 you're talking about, that is indeed pretty tiny-sounding. I still have that at home. But the newer One M8 and the Desire 816 has a much better sounding speakers. Both in terms of clarity, volume, and bass.

But yeah, try to play any phone speakers in a noisy environment and even the "boom sound" speakers doesn't sound so boomy. It's great for indoors though, or a quick video while taking a dump (come on, we've all done it :p). Lol.

But in the end, it's a nice to have, not a must have.

Yeah. You're not going to get bass from a phone speaker. As Scotty liked to say, "Ye canna change the laws of physics."

erefer

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't think two speakers on an iPhone is necessary. However, I would love to have stereo speakers on other devices like ipad

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd love two speakers! Its not a deal breaker for me. Like others, I usually use headphones when listening to music. However, there are times I like to not wear them!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd love two speakers! Its not a deal breaker for me. Like others, I usually use headphones when listening to music. However, there are times I like to not wear them!

Same here. Usually the only other thing I do is watch YouTube videos, and I definitely don't need stereo for that :)

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes. It's very important- especially with their purchase of Beats by Dre. Apple needs to stay competitive and moving on to dual speakers is a part of the process.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes. It's very important- especially with their purchase of Beats by Dre. Apple needs to stay competitive and moving on to dual speakers is a part of the process.

If they implemented dual speakers, I'd want them on the top next to the sleep wake button and on the bottom where the single speaker is now. I honestly wouldn't want to see them on the top and bottom bezels like on the HTC One. They look fine on the One, but on an iPhone I think they'd look out of place.

XeyeL

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Having two speakers is not that important. I'd rather Apple get rid of the home button, put some kind of virtual home button and give us more screen real estate.

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Having two speakers is not that important. I'd rather Apple get rid of the home button, put some kind of virtual home button and give us more screen real estate.

Agreed. Having stereo speakers on something as small as a cell phone is pretty pointless. It seems to be more of a bragging point than a useful feature.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather have something useful like NFC, or hardware that supported mobile payments. I have no desire to listen to my music from tiny speakers.

d ha

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Could care less, I don't play my music through them so...

True Audiophiles know what sounds good and right.
Always cracks me up when specs come out and they throw out, "Stereo" "Surround Sound"?

REALLY?

How stupid is everyone nowadays.

I am sure you go to the movie theater and listen to a movie soundtrack on a iPhone or Android hand set speakers...

**** I weep for the future. A lot of stupid folks.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods