Which one of the upcoming iPhone sizes (4.7 or 5.5) are you going to get?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Not really. The iPad Air vs. the iPad Mini with Retina are identical spec wise, with the only differentiator being the screen size. I can't see Apple switching to a new strategy where the bigger the device, the better the specs/performance. I think if they do end up releasing 2 models, we'll see them packing the same specs and have similar performance.

I thought the processor on the mini was throttled down just a bit?

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Neither....yet.

Just recently upgraded my 4 to the 5s and I also have a gen 1 Mini. I'm good between the two. My daughter, on the other hand, is due for upgrade in early November. I am pretty sure she will want the 4.7. For a teenage girl, the bigger phone just won't fit......

Tbayrgs

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Don't think I'll be getting either at launch, but only because all extra pennies are being stashed away for a new house and my 5s is still performing like a champ.

I'm all probably in the minority in that I actually like having a smaller phone as I use it for everything, include music/streaming when I'm active, so the smaller form factor is ideal. I also have an iPad Mini Retina which is almost always with me when I'm out as it's my preferred device for web browsing, email, productivity (viewing PDFs, word docs), reading, video, and some gaming.

All that being said, if I was buying at launch, I'd only get the 5.5" device to use as a replacement for the 5s/iPad Mini combo. I'd keep the 5s for those times when I need a smaller form factor.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
So today I went to a T-Mobile store and was using some Android phones to get a feel for how big the iPhone 6 models will be. I held the GS 3, a 4.8" display, and the Note 3, with a 5.6" display. I have to say, I really like the 5.5" general size. I have big hands, so I can one hand the phone no problem. I liked the size of the display, and now I'm starting to wonder if I'd rather get a 5.5" over a 4.7". I guess it just depends on price, performance, and whether or not the pros of a large display outweigh the cons. :)

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
So today I went to a T-Mobile store and was using some Android phones to get a feel for how big the iPhone 6 models will be. I held the GS 3, a 4.8" display, and the Note 3, with a 5.6" display. I have to say, I really like the 5.5" general size. I have big hands, so I can one hand the phone no problem. I liked the size of the display, and now I'm starting to wonder if I'd rather get a 5.5" over a 4.7". I guess it just depends on price, performance, and whether or not the pros of a large display outweigh the cons. :)

My concern would be exactly how much larger, if at all, the 5.5" iPhone ends up being compared to the 5.7" Note 3. The Note 3 doesn't have near the bezel that I am anticipating the iPhone will have so even though the Note 3's overall size might feel good in the hand, it might be a different story on the 6L or whatever they end up calling it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The ability to wield a 5.5" screen iPhone is not an issue with me. I used 2 hands on my iPhone 4 for most things. For me it is Price and pocketability. I could go buy several pair of cargo pants, but still the price of the 5.5" with 64 gb will be high. I'll most likely go with the 4.7" 64 gb.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The ability to wield a 5.5" screen iPhone is not an issue with me. I used 2 hands on my iPhone 4 for most things. For me it is Price and pocketability. I could go buy several pair of cargo pants, but still the price of the 5.5" with 64 gb will be high. I'll most likely go with the 4.7" 64 gb.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

That's probably what I will end up doing. The 5.5" may be too expensive for me, and plus I can't decide which size I want now. I'm still about 75% sure I want the 4.7" though. :)

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Just
a9u9e5a7.jpg

Just a joke but I wish the home button is like this day like few years to come? Hmm

Sent from my iPhone 5S Gold

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention that I might get the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or Note 4 on AT&T and keep my iPhone 5s and iPad Air on Verizon. I might pay for the Note 3 using the AT&T Next payment option for 12 months so that I can upgrade to the Note 4 in one year and the Note 5 the next.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

Being both iPhone 5S and Note 3 owner I am updating both with iPhone 6 in the 4.7 inch phone and the Note 3 with of course the Note 4. I run my business off the Note 3 with the S-Pen feature, IMO the most powerful tool on any hand held device. The Note 4 S-Pen features are even more updated. Once you realize what you can do with the S-Pen you won't want to ever not put it down. Being a rescent member to the IOS devices I have grown to love them, bought the iPad mini with retina display with 128gb of memory and my 5S has 64gb. I'm a nut for int storage. I'm in heaven, best of both worlds, Note 4 and iPhone 6, love it. If the iPhone 5.5 came with S-Pen features then I might have to rethink. Any device over 5.5 needs to have the S-Pen or features close to it. The tool is that freaken powerful. Many like to beat down on Samsung but I just enjoy all great tech.
Good Luck with Your new purchase,
Vinny

cnotes2020

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Being both iPhone 5S and Note 3 owner I am updating both with iPhone 6 in the 4.7 inch phone and the Note 3 with of course the Note 4. I run my business off the Note 3 with the S-Pen feature, IMO the most powerful tool on any hand held device. The Note 4 S-Pen features are even more updated. Once you realize what you can do with the S-Pen you won't want to ever not put it down. Being a rescent member to the IOS devices I have grown to love them, bought the iPad mini with retina display with 128gb of memory and my 5S has 64gb. I'm a nut for int storage. I'm in heaven, best of both worlds, Note 4 and iPhone 6, love it. If the iPhone 5.5 came with S-Pen features then I might have to rethink. Any device over 5.5 needs to have the S-Pen or features close to it. The tool is that freaken powerful. Many like to beat down on Samsung but I just enjoy all great tech.
Good Luck with Your new purchase,
Vinny

No 5.5 . Not ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cnotes2020

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
You've said there isn't going to be 5.5" in a lot of threads. Are you just joking, or do you think it won't happen? :)

I wish I was joking! But i have this strong feeling it just won't happen. Would I be totally bummed? YES! But the universe will be aligned if Apple only releases the 4.7 iphone 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice