Which one of the upcoming iPhone sizes (4.7 or 5.5) are you going to get?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
5.5-inch version. I hear that one will have a better camera and a more powerful processor than the 4.7-inch. But if it turns out to be too expensive I'll just get the 4.7-inch or wait 'till next year.

I really hope Apple doesn't put a more powerful processor and better camera in the larger model. I want the only difference in the models to be screen size. I shouldn't be forced to have to use a large screen just to get the performance I want.

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
4.7 64GB calling my name (hopefully there will be such a device!)!
5.5 might be too big for me personally, but I'd like to see, feel, play with both of them!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
5.5 might be too big for me personally, but I'd like to see, feel, play with both of them!

Nice, 4.7" and 64 GB. Same here :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

That one calls my name as well. However, if it comes with a 128 gb option, I'm tellin' it to shut up. The same with the 5.5". Price and pocketability are issues there.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
My first choice is the 128GB 5.5" version. However, if it doesn't come out at all or if it doesn't come out by November or March, then I might wait until then or buy the 4.7" version or a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in November or December or in March. I really want 128 GB of storage on an iPhone so that I can store all of my movies and I want a screen large enough to watch them on. If the 5.5" doesn't come out when I want, and the 4.7" has 128GB and supply levels are good at my local Apple store by November or December, then I'll get it then.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB, using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I really hope Apple doesn't put a more powerful processor and better camera in the larger model. I want the only difference in the models to be screen size. I shouldn't be forced to have to use a large screen just to get the performance I want.
Well it would make sense for the bigger phone to have the superior specs. Which makes me wonder which of the two (4.7 or 5.5) will be considered Apple's flagship phone.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Well it would make sense for the bigger phone to have the superior specs. Which makes me wonder which of the two (4.7 or 5.5) will be considered Apple's flagship phone.

Not really. The iPad Air vs. the iPad Mini with Retina are identical spec wise, with the only differentiator being the screen size. I can't see Apple switching to a new strategy where the bigger the device, the better the specs/performance. I think if they do end up releasing 2 models, we'll see them packing the same specs and have similar performance.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Getting both two iphone 6 sizes I would probably keep my 5S n buy the 5.5

Sent from my iPhone 5S Gold

Last edited:

gebco

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
It will be good to see the two phones and try them in person. I went to a larger phone (5 inch screen) a few months ago, and the larger screen real estate is nice, such as recently when I watched a movie on the phone during a long flight.