Rumored 5.5" iPhone 6 rumored to be delayed until 2015!

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
If there isn't a 5.5" iPhone 6 in September, I'm sure there will be plenty of Note 4's, One M8 Max's, G3's, and Nexus 6's to get my money. I'm not going to play the "White iPhone 4" waiting game. I have been wanting a larger screen phone going on 2 years now, I demoed a Note 3 for two solid weeks and loved the big screen just as I had imagined I would. As much as I would love to continue my brand loyalty (since the OG iPhone), and maintain my perfect Apple eco-system, I will be forced to go elsewhere to fulfill my wants and needs ...

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I honestly think a 5.5" device is too big for me, but I'd like to try one out for a couple weeks or something. Too bad T-Mobile doesn't allow a test drive of bigger devices, because I would love to try out a G3 or a Note 3 (even though I hate Samsung). :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The rumored problems with the rumored iPhone are now rumored to be solved. GEEEZ!
It should be kept in mind though that we hear about production issues with upcoming Apple products almost every year and while the company has never confirmed in the past if it had actually faced any issues, they have never really upset its release cycles. So take all of this with a grain of salt.
Here's the article for those willing to be rumored even more! :D
http://news.yahoo.com/apple-may-just-overcome-5-5-inch-iphone-191657925.html

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

brett_f

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I hope (assuming a 5.5 inch model will exist) that they are released together.

Over the last few weeks I've decided that I will prefer the larger phone. It's one of those things, for me, where I can adjust to the larger phone much easier than getting a 4.7 inch phone and then wishing it was just a little larger.

And, I would like to be able to get the upgrade done this fall, and not have to fight through the new iPhone envy until the bigger one is released. :p

-Brett

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I hope (assuming a 5.5 inch model will exist) that they are released together.

Over the last few weeks I've decided that I will prefer the larger phone. It's one of those things, for me, where I can adjust to the larger phone much easier than getting a 4.7 inch phone and then wishing it was just a little larger.

And, I would like to be able to get the upgrade done this fall, and not have to fight through the new iPhone envy until the bigger one is released. :p

-Brett

Give in to the new iPhone envy! The 4.7" model is calling you! ;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am absolutely amazed to learn that an unannounced product will be delayed. I wonder how that works. Really.
Would you believe there's already rumors of the iPhone 7 with iOS 9 even while the rumored iPhone 6 has yet to be announced and has been rumored with delay then rumored back on schedule, all the while the rumored iPhone 7 is sneaking into the rumor mill? I kid you not. This is ridiculously funny.
http://m.tuaw.com/2014/07/15/the-dumbest-iphone-rumor-story-weve-seen-yet/ :D

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Would you believe there's already rumors of the iPhone 7 with iOS 9.

Well let me be the first ... Should I wait for the iPhone 7, or should I upgrade to the iPhone 6 in september? Oh how many GB's should I get, and what color? Do you guys plan on using a case on your iPhone 7, or going naked?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
You definitely shouldn't wait. You should always have at least one of every model and size capacity and color and carrier. That way you don't have to make a choice.
So if you are in the US and limiting yourself to the major 4 carriers, you should already have: 4 carriers * 3 capacities * 3 colors = 36 iPhone 5Ss and 4 carriers * 2 capacities * 5 colors = 40 iPhone 5Cs.
So do the same thing with the iPhone 6 & 7 when they come out and you'll never have to choose again.

Yeah what about cases? I need to know ASAP! what case is best for the iPhone 7, and will I still have to use iTunes cuz iTunes sucks. Can anybody tell me if the Galaxy S16 is better than the iPhone 7?? Also if I jailbreak my iPhone 7 will I be able to use it in other countries thx!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
You definitely shouldn't wait. You should always have at least one of every model and size capacity and color and carrier. That way you don't have to make a choice.
So if you are in the US and limiting yourself to the major 4 carriers, you should already have: 4 carriers * 3 capacities * 3 colors = 36 iPhone 5Ss and 4 carriers * 2 capacities * 5 colors = 40 iPhone 5Cs.
So do the same thing with the iPhone 6 & 7 when they come out and you'll never have to choose again.

But don't forget the international carriers like Deutsche Telecom and China Mobile! You still have those to factor in! :)

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah what about cases? I need to know ASAP! what case is best for the iPhone 7, and will I still have to use iTunes cuz iTunes sucks. Can anybody tell me if the Galaxy S16 is better than the iPhone 7?? Also if I jailbreak my iPhone 7 will I be able to use it in other countries thx!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

You already know that the clear see-through cases are the classiest and most beautiful of all cases so stock up on them ;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So where will they fit in the iPhone 6s between the 6 and 7? Gotta have the s.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
So where will they fit in the iPhone 6s between the 6 and 7? Gotta have the s.

Good point. If they release the 5.5" model in the first part of 2015, wouldn't that be considered the 6s? That wouldn't really be that big of a change over the 6, and would infuriate customers, who, just 6-7 months before, had bought the 4.7".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro