Rumored 5.5" iPhone 6 rumored to be delayed until 2015!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep, more delay rumors due to construction woes. If true, how does that change your game plan?
AppleInsider

iPhone 6 and 6c rendering by Martin Hajec:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405305556.333871.jpg

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Yep, more delay rumors due to construction woes. If true, how does that change your game plan?
AppleInsider

iPhone 6 and 6c rendering by Martin Hajec:
View attachment 60588

Doesn't effect my buying, but I know a lot of people on here who will be disappointed. I know if I wanted the 5.5" version and I heard this news, I would be ticked! :)

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I will look at the 4.7" then, but if it doesn't suit my tastes, I will either keep my 5s and iPad Air and wait until my upgrade in November 2015 (by then the 5.5" might be out and the iPhone 6s will be on the scene), or get the Note 4.

I also am hoping to replace my 2010 13" MBP with a 15" MBPr, either the late 2013 or late 2014, in the fall. If I replace it with the late 2013, then that'll give me more reasons to keep my 5s and Air, as I'd have a full late 2013 lineup. If I get the late 2014, that'll make more reason to get the 4.7" iPhone 6 or a Note 4, as they'd be late 2014 versions.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
All these rumors and mock-up iPhone 6's are just out of control,,,, I've givin up paying any attention at all to rumors and speculation.

I think I'll just wait for the real deal announcement from Apples September unveiling.

Cheers
Davyo

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
All these rumors and mock-up iPhone 6's are just out of control,,,, I've givin up paying any attention at all to rumors and speculation.

I think I'll just wait for the real deal announcement from Apples September unveiling.

Cheers
Davyo
I think most of us feel that way. But we do want to be prepared for whatever Apple offers in September. And it's hard for some to prepare, when all there is to go on are mock ups and rumors.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'd prefer this to be the case. I could then have experience with the 4.7" and make a more educated decision on what is best for me when the 5.5" comes out, versus, having to decide between two different versions on launch day that I have never even held before.

All that said, I am still not convinced Apple is even releasing a 5.5" version. Still seems to be a stretch to me.

George Jenkinson

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
This doesn't make a jot of difference to me.

If 4.7" and 5.5" are 'on trend', then I rejoice in the fact that I am 'off trend'. I am happy with my 4" 5s and even bought a 4s recently as a backup that allows me to really use the phone properly with one hand. Having had a 4.7" screen before, it has it's uses, but for the way I use a phone, larger screens aren't critical to me...

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Too many rumours of this, that and the other. I've given up taking any notice of them and will only sit up once Apple announce the devices.

I feel like this year there has been an overload of rumours but maybe I just paid less attention in previous years. *shrug*

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
All that said, I am still not convinced Apple is even releasing a 5.5" version. Still seems to be a stretch to me.

Im with you on that. Also I am opposed to it as it would inevitably kill off iPad mini, and to customers that value the mini it's just a weird thing. I mean why must I do without a small iPhone and small iPad in the future (which is the perfect combination), just because some people think they need a TV sized phone in their pocket. I feel like that's extremely unjust haha.

On top Apple stands for slickness and beauty so I just dont see this monstrosity happening. Continuity in iOS8 should be the ultimate answer for all those who wish to use an iPad sized screen as their phone... no phablet neeeded, plus it would be the perfect incentive to have both iPhone (in your pocket) and iPad (on your ear if you bloody insist).

I digress though, for me personally nothing changes with those rumoured news. I'll go check out the 4.7", and it the package sways my opinion grab it. If not, I'll upgrade to 5S.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Im with you on that. Also I am opposed to it as it would inevitably kill off iPad mini, and to customers that value the mini it's just a weird thing. I mean why must I do without a small iPhone and small iPad in the future (which is the perfect combination), just because some people think they need a TV sized phone in their pocket. I feel like that's extremely unjust haha.

On top Apple stands for slickness and beauty so I just dont see this monstrosity happening. Continuity in iOS8 should be the ultimate answer for all those who wish to use an iPad sized screen as their phone... no phablet neeeded, plus it would be the perfect incentive to have both iPhone (in your pocket) and iPad (on your ear if you bloody insist).

I digress though, for me personally nothing changes with those rumoured news. I'll go check out the 4.7", and it the package sways my opinion grab it. If not, I'll upgrade to 5S.

Apple isn't afraid to cannibalize product lines, they have done it many times in the past, and I could definitely see it happening if they released the 5.5" model. I myself prefer the Mini to the full size, and I would be sad to see it go.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not surprised, but apparently the iWatch is suppose to launch along side the 5.5" iPhone...

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
That's good. It puts it closer to my actual upgrade date which means I might be able to buy on contract lol

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't get my Verizon upgrade until February, so I may just wait for the 6s. I've never had the "s" model.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't get my Verizon upgrade until February, so I may just wait for the 6s. I've never had the "s" model.

Not a bad idea! Staying with the 5 for another year would take if through its full life cycle, from flagship iPhone to the lowest end iPhone :)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think this makes sense, Apple wouldn't be releasing two bigger range screen sizes in one show. Apple doesn't force it in a typical sense.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I think this makes sense, Apple wouldn't be releasing two bigger range screen sizes in one show. Apple doesn't force it in a typical sense.

True, the 5s and 5c was the only time Apple launched 2 iPhone models at the same time, but the 5c wasn't really a big change. All it did was basically repackage the 5 into a plastic shell and add a little better radios and front facing camera. That wasn't a massive upgrade like the introduction of a 5.5" display alongside another model would be.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
To me, an unannounced product can't be delayed. That being said if September rolls around and Apple doesn't have a 5" or bigger screen, I doubt I'll buy it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR