With the amount of leaks coming out, especially parts for the 4.7" model, do you think there will even be a 5.5" model? The only part leaks that have come out have been for the 4.7", and it would only make sense that if the 5.5" existed, we would have seen at least a couple parts leaked for it.

My question is do you think it exists? Will it not come out at all, or will it come out after the 4.7", just a couple months later? What do you guys think?
    07-11-2014 12:26 AM
    I think it will exist and come out same day as 4.7 model. I don't see a point to release it a couple months later.

Sent from my Death Note
    07-11-2014 01:20 AM
    I was talking with a student today about this and we both agreed that there probably will not be an iPhone that big. It would be too big to handle and would cut into their iPad mini sales too much.
    07-11-2014 08:58 AM
    Sure has been a lot of rumors and speculation about it. I'm not sure it will exist. We shall see in a couple months.
    07-11-2014 09:05 AM
    Maybe the 5.5" screen is for the new iPod touch...

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    07-11-2014 09:35 AM
    With the amount of leaks coming out, especially parts for the 4.7" model, do you think there will even be a 5.5" model? The only part leaks that have come out have been for the 4.7", and it would only make sense that if the 5.5" existed, we would have seen at least a couple parts leaked for it.

My question is do you think it exists? Will it not come out at all, or will it come out after the 4.7", just a couple months later? What do you guys think?
    I do not know with any certainty, however, I do believe Apple will release two different size iPhones this fall. Will they both be called the iPhone 6? I don't know.
    07-11-2014 09:43 AM
    I was talking with a student today about this and we both agreed that there probably will not be an iPhone that big. It would be too big to handle and would cut into their iPad mini sales too much.
    Apple has never concerned itself with cannibalizing their own product line. If they don’t do a 5.5" phone, it won’t be because of fear of the effect on their iPad line.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    07-11-2014 10:26 AM
    No, and I highly doubt that there will be a 4.7 one either
    07-11-2014 02:54 PM
    Lol what? How do you figure Apple is not gonna release a 4.7" screen? I would say that's a 100% guarantee at this point.
    Flow39 likes this.
    07-11-2014 03:01 PM
    Apple is being murdered in China by the Galaxy Note series phablet sales and Apple wants that Chinese market

Even Samsung did not expect the Note Series phones to be so popular and sell so well worldwide,, the Note went from being a nich product for Samsung to be being their flagship device.

With all that being said I'm pretty sure we're going to see a 5.5 iPhone Air.

And let's not forget Apples own memo at the recent Apple vs Samsung court battle,,,,, the Apple memo that was not suppose to be seen by the public stated "the public wants what we don't have" refuring to larger screen sizes.

The Note series has become very popular not just in China but also worldwide, even surpassing Samsungs expectations.

The Note 4 comes out in September and Apple wants and needs to have something to compete with the huge popularity of the Note,,, so yes,,,, there will be a 5.5 iPhone Air.

Apple is well aware by now of how bad they screwed up over the last years by only offering one small screen size,,, I don't see them making more of that same mistake,,,,,, Apples "one size fits all" mentality is now a thing of the past.

For the record I've owned every iPhone model ever made except the the 5c, the Galaxy's 2, 3 and 4, also the Notes 1, 2 and 3,,, and my current daily driver is the Galaxy S5.

I LOVE my iPad Air and mini but just can't hang with the tiny 4" iPhone screen and thats a big reason I don't have an iPhone 5S anymore, I just sold it,,,, when the iPhone comes out with the 4.7 and 5.5 screens that's when I'm going back to iPhones.

Cheers
    Davyo
    Last edited by Davyo; 07-11-2014 at 03:26 PM.
    Not Quite Right and rustymini like this.
    07-11-2014 03:08 PM
    Apple is being murdered in China by the Galaxy Note series phablet sales and Apple wants that Chinese market

Even Samsung did not expect the Note Series phones to be so popular and sell so well worldwide,, the Note went from being a nich product for Samsung to be being their flagship device.

With all that being said I'm pretty sure we're going to see a 5.5 iPhone Air.

And let's not forget Apples own memo at the recent Apple vs Samsung court battle,,,,, the Apple memo that was not suppose to be seen by the public stated "the public wants what we don't have" refuring to larger screen sizes.

The Note series has become very popular not just in China but also worldwide, even surpassing Samsungs expectations.

The Note 4 comes out in September and Apple wants and needs to have something to compete with the huge popularity of the Note,,, so yes,,,, there will be a 5.5 iPhone Air.

Apple is well aware by now of how bad they screwed up by only offer one small screen size,,, I don't see them making more of that same mistake,,,,,, Apples "one size fits all" mentality is now a thing of the past.

Cheers
    Davyo
    The problem is that we haven't seen any leaked parts for the 5.5", and by now I figured we'd at least have ONE leaked part.

Another thing that makes me kind of wonder if there will even be a 5.5" is that Apple wants to keep their product lines simple and not overcrowd them with 50 different models like Samsung.

This is a bit confusing
    07-11-2014 03:24 PM
    Surely you must be joking right ????????

Cheers
    Davyo
    07-11-2014 03:28 PM
    Surely you must be joking right ????????

Cheers
    Davyo
    I think he's trolling here. On all his comments he is saying that the headphone jack on the bottom is dumb and the front glass panel is fake and Apple wouldn't make it and that kind of stuff.
    07-11-2014 03:30 PM
    I think they should release a 5.5" model but I'm not sure if they will. We haven't seen any actual parts for it yet. Which doesn't really mean anything. I'd say I'm 30% sure they will.
    07-11-2014 08:34 PM
    Better yet if Apple doesn't release a 5.5" iPhone 6, guess who's getting the Samsung Galaxy Note 4? I tried the Note 3, and loved the big screen format. The only reason I gave it up was because I'm neck deep in the Apple eco-system, I prefer an iOS device, and it's too close to iPhone 6/ Note 4 release. Let's face it big screens are the next level of progression for cellphones it's that simple ...
    07-12-2014 09:51 AM
    While I wouldn't rule out a 5.5 from actually existing, it could also be that the prior iPhone 5s would be released as the new iPhone 6c as was done last year with the iPhone 5 turning into the iPhone 5c. Therefore there would be an iPhone 6c and the new 4.7 iPhone 6. Leaving no iPhone 5.5.

I don't know, I'm not saying that's how it will be. But I don't think that's out of the question.
    07-12-2014 10:30 AM