On/off/sleep button on the side of iP6 = BAD Idea !!!!

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
As an owner user of both Galaxy and iPhones one thing I gota say is I hate the on/off/sleep button being on the side of my Galaxy phones,,,, it's directly on the opposite side of my volume rockers on my S5 so when you hit you the buttons on either side of the the S5 your also accidentally hitting the buttons on the opposite side of the phone.

The on/off/sleep button being on the top right corner of the iPhone has been perfect placement and even for the bigger screen iPhones it would still be perfect placement.

On my Galaxy S5 it's always a two handed thing hitting either the volume rockers or the on/off/sleep buttons, one hand holding the S5 lower part of the phones body while using your other hand to hit the buttons on either side of the S5.

I'm sorry to see Apple looks like it's also going to start using this bad design flaw.

Cheers
Davyo

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I do have to agree. I don't see how hard it is to use the power button on top even if the phone screen is bigger.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a personal problem to me. I've used plenty of samsung phones in the past and have had no issues using the volume rocker without accidentally hitting the power button or vice versa.

Sent from my Death Note

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The HTC One M8 is a phone I have been putting a lot of research into lately, and many people complain about the power button being on top instead of the side because they have to readjust their grip on it. This isn't just one or two people, but a lot. I personally don't mind whether it is on the top or the side, but I think the side is better when a phone gets to about the 4.5" area, but it's just my preference :)

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a personal problem to me. I've used plenty of samsung phones in the past and have had no issues using the volume rocker without accidentally hitting the power button or vice versa.

Sent from my Death Note

Interesting,,,, I've owned the Notes 1, 2 and 3,, the Galaxy's S3, S4 and currently the S5 and I've always had issues with miss-hitting the power and volume buttons at the same time being located on the same location on the opposite sides of the Samsung phone's.

That's why I have always loved the power button being on the top of my iPhones.

Cheers
Davyo

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
As an owner user of both Galaxy and iPhones one thing I gota say is I hate the on/off/sleep button being on the side of my Galaxy phones,,,, it's directly on the opposite side of my volume rockers on my S5 so when you hit you the buttons on either side of the the S5 your also accidentally hitting the buttons on the opposite side of the phone.

The on/off/sleep button being on the top right corner of the iPhone has been perfect placement and even for the bigger screen iPhones it would still be perfect placement.

On my Galaxy S5 it's always a two handed thing hitting either the volume rockers or the on/off/sleep buttons, one hand holding the S5 lower part of the phones body while using your other hand to hit the buttons on either side of the S5.

I'm sorry to see Apple looks like it's also going to start using this bad design flaw.

Cheers
Davyo

agree

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
The power button on the side looks stupid, and unclean. almost as bad as the Headphone on the bottom of the device.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The power button on the side looks stupid, and unclean. almost as bad as the Headphone on the bottom of the device.

Headphone on the bottom is the best way to go in my opinion, and the side sleep/wake button are also nice looking and make it easier to lock the device once it gets above 4.5" :)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a fan of having the power button on the side either. I've lost count of the number of times I hit the power buttons on my Samsung devices by accident.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
i am 1000% sure the lock key will still be located at the top

I think the button will still be at the side. All the dummy models have the button on the side, so I'd assume that it will still be there when the device launches. Apple wouldn't release a dummy model to case makers to make thousands of cases, only to completely change the design by launch.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
is it a fact ?
any prove ?

Well the dummy models for case makers have the sleep/wake button on the side, and like I said before, Apple wouldn't give a dummy model to the case makers that would be different from the actual device.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Well the dummy models for case makers have the sleep/wake button on the side, and like I said before, Apple wouldn't give a dummy model to the case makers that would be different from the actual device.

They did with the "5" in 2011. Case makers shipped out cases even, based off of supposed model renders. And most case makers have to wait to get the design in order to produce them.
iphone-5-case-with-ipod-touch-macytinet-001.jpg
iphone5-4-500x375.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR