What will the two iPhone 6 models be called officially by Apple? iPhone Air (4.7") and iPhone Pro (5.5")? Or iPhone 6?

I'm curious if the models after will be called iPhone 6s and 6c or iPhone Air s and iPhone Pro s or iPhone Air c and iPhone Pro c.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .
    06-26-2014 08:53 PM
    What will the two iPhone 6 models be called officially by Apple? iPhone Air (4.7") and iPhone Pro (5.5")? Or iPhone 6?

I'm curious if the models after will be called iPhone 6s and 6c or iPhone Air s and iPhone Pro s or iPhone Air c and iPhone Pro c.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .
    Great question, and your answers could very well be correct. Having said that, what about the iPhone 6 (4.7") and iPhone 6P (5.5") - P as in Phablet?
    taz323, Spencerdl and Ariyala like this.
    06-26-2014 09:09 PM
    Good question. How about something as simple as iPhone 6 for both versions.
    06-26-2014 09:38 PM
    Great question, and your answers could very well be correct. Having said that, what about the iPhone 6 (4.7") and iPhone 6P (5.5") - P as in Phablet?
    The P could stand for Premium too?

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    Just_Me_D and Flow39 like this.
    06-27-2014 06:39 AM
    4.7" - iPhone Air
    5.5" - iPhone Pro

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    06-27-2014 08:22 AM
    Good question. How about something as simple as iPhone 6 for both versions.
    I doubt it. I feel they would need to differentiate between them by giving them different names so as to avoid confusion.
    06-27-2014 08:26 AM
    4.7" - iPhone Air
    5.5" - iPhone Pro

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    This sounds like a naming scheme they would actually use. Reminds me of MacBook Air and MacBook Pro
    06-27-2014 05:59 PM
    I also would appreciate Air and Pro. One, it would end the number craze and two It would give Samsung something to think about. This 5S and S5 thing has annoyed me greatly, time to distance the brand from the competition.
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    06-30-2014 07:44 PM
    Assuming that they're called the iPhone Air (4.7") and iPhone Pro (5.5"), what will the s and c versions be called? I feel that it'd be a bit of a mouthful to call them the iPhone Air s/ Air c, and the iPhone Pro s/ Pro c.

And for the models after that, (iPhone 7 and up), I wonder what they'll be called?

This might be unrelated, but I'm curious as to what the next iPad Air and iPad Mini will be called. Possible names I can think of are: iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Air with Touch I.D. (and 8 MP camera), iPad Mini with Retina Display and Touch I.D., etc.

07-01-2014 08:01 AM
    Assuming that they're called the iPhone Air (4.7") and iPhone Pro (5.5"), what will the s and c versions be called? I feel that it'd be a bit of a mouthful to call them the iPhone Air s/ Air c, and the iPhone Pro s/ Pro c.

And for the models after that, (iPhone 7 and up), I wonder what they'll be called?

This might be unrelated, but I'm curious as to what the next iPad Air and iPad Mini will be called. Possible names I can think of are: iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Air with Touch I.D. (and 8 MP camera), iPad Mini with Retina Display and Touch I.D., etc.

I'm wondering if they will just call the 6s models, "iPhone Air 2" and "iPhone Pro 2".
    07-01-2014 12:05 PM
    I also would appreciate Air and Pro. One, it would end the number craze and two It would give Samsung something to think about. This 5S and S5 thing has annoyed me greatly, time to distance the brand from the competition.
    I can't believe how many times I was referring to a Samsung Galaxy S5, but the words 5S came out of my mouth.
    Flow39 likes this.
    07-01-2014 12:10 PM
    "Air" and "Pro" makes it sound like the "Pro" version will be higher end and I'm not sure that is what they will aim for, given how the hardware is almost identically on the iPads.
    07-02-2014 06:55 AM
    "Air" and "Pro" makes it sound like the "Pro" version will be higher end and I'm not sure that is what they will aim for, given how the hardware is almost identically on the iPads.
    The 5.5" is supposed to have OIS, a Sapphire screen, and the 128 GB storage option, so for those reasons it might be considered the "Pro" version, while the 4.7" will be missing those features, so it could be called the "Air" version.
    07-02-2014 01:53 PM
    Making one pro and giving it specific features would just be a stupid move by Apple. Just look at the S5's awful sales.
    07-11-2014 03:00 PM
    I dunno, but if I get the 5.5" model, I'm calling it Malcolm.
    07-13-2014 01:16 AM
    If there is only 1 iPhone 6 model, like some analysts are predicting, then I think it'll be called the iPhone 6. Otherwise the "Air" and "Pro" names may be what they are called.
    07-13-2014 01:47 AM
    The 4.7" will be the iPhone 6. The 5.5" will be the Super iPhone 6 Deluxe Pro Air.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    07-13-2014 08:33 PM
    The 4.7" will be the iPhone 6. The 5.5" will be the Super iPhone 6 Deluxe Pro Air.

Well, at least now I know what you look like.
    07-13-2014 09:00 PM
    Pretty bad, huh? I thought it an improvement over the last avatar. That's not saying much though!

07-13-2014 09:28 PM
    Pretty bad, huh? I thought it an improvement over the last avatar. That's not saying much though!

You don't know who I am?
    07-13-2014 10:24 PM
    I agree with the Air and Pro naming scheme. Considering the only thing different between the MacBook Air and Pro is slightly different internals due to the smaller form factor and a retina display, I don't believe the name would beg to have one be a more premium experience over the other.

That said, here's what I would see different between the two models: screen, battery (slightly bigger), storage (bigger) and price. Since OIS is all software I don't see that being on one and not the other.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    07-14-2014 10:06 AM
    I agree with the Air and Pro naming scheme. Considering the only thing different between the MacBook Air and Pro is slightly different internals due to the smaller form factor and a retina display, I don't believe the name would beg to have one be a more premium experience over the other.

That said, here's what I would see different between the two models: screen, battery (slightly bigger), storage (bigger) and price. Since OIS is all software I don't see that being on one and not the other.

OIS is actually a sensor that goes into the camera, so it is hardware, not software, but I agree with everything else you said
    07-14-2014 11:38 AM
    OIS is actually a sensor that goes into the camera, so it is hardware, not software, but I agree with everything else you said
    Oh, my mistake. I could have sworn that was a software related thing. In that case, I still see it being on both. Apple has always really focused on camera hardware/software in their phones I don't believe that they'd make that a device exclusive thing.

07-14-2014 06:57 PM
    You missed my toilet pic?

07-14-2014 09:02 PM
    Oh, my mistake. I could have sworn that was a software related thing. In that case, I still see it being on both. Apple has always really focused on camera hardware/software in their phones I don't believe that they'd make that a device exclusive thing.

I'd really hope it will be on both, even though I don't really care all that much about cameras on my phone. It doesn't make sense for Apple to force us to buy the 5.5" if we want the latest and greatest, but I could definitely see them doing it.
    07-14-2014 09:12 PM