New possible camera details for the iPhone 6

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This cues my fear, that one version will be premium vs the other. So far I've read OIS and Sapphire coating for the 5.5" only. Rumors of course, but, if they hold true, I'm now pressed to make a decision beyond just size and perhaps cost. I don't like that.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This cues my fear, that one version will be premiums the other. So far I've read OIS and Sapphire coating for the 5.5" only. Rumors of course, but, if they hold true, I'm now pressed to make a decision beyond just size and perhaps cost. I don't like that.

Same here. I'm accustom to getting the "Top of the line" product, but I'm not sold on the "mock up" of the 5.5 iPhone 6 because of the large top bezel.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This cues my fear, that one version will be premiums the other. So far I've read OIS and Sapphire coating for the 5.5" only. Rumors of course, but, if they hold true, I'm now pressed to make a decision beyond just size and perhaps cost. I don't like that.

You bring up a good point and your train of thought also kills any chance of any 4 inch upgrades to there current line

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Cameras have never been too much of a deciding factor before, so even if the 4.7" doesn't have OIS, it won't matter to me :)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
If this is true, it sucks because there are so many people that are content with the smaller size of the iPhone & don't want to carry a tablet around as a phone. What happened to options? This will prevent a lot of people from upgrading.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If this is true, it sucks because there are so many people that are content with the smaller size of the iPhone & don't want to carry a tablet around as a phone. What happened to options? This will prevent a lot of people from upgrading.

Well the 5S is still a great option even if it isn't "bleeding edge" the A7 chip has yet to be fully pushed in the current state so they will continue selling the 5s for those who want a "smaller device"

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well the 5S is still a great option even if it isn't "bleeding edge" the A7 chip has yet to be fully pushed in the current state so they will continue selling the 5s for those who want a "smaller device"

Very true!!! I just don't know what I'll do because my addiction forces me to get a new phone every year:( Will this be the year I have to break my habit:straight-face:

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Very true!!! I just don't know what I'll do because my addiction forces me to get a new phone every year:( Will this be the year I have to break my habit:straight-face:

I agree! I really like having the latest devices! But if the 5.5" premium model ends up happening, I may end up buying a 5s. There's no way I would ever want a tablet as a phone. That's what my iPad is for :/

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. And likely the 5.5" will have a much larger battery too which will give better battery life, as is the same with all other manufacturers. I was leaning towards the 4.7", but now I'm leaning towards the 5.5" if it has improved specs and battery life. This is gonna make the decision harder, but at least I still have time to try both first before deciding since my upgrade only comes next year. :/

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I agree. I usually get a new phone every year, but actually welcome the larger devices this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. And likely the 5.5" will have a much larger battery too which will give better battery life, as is the same with all other manufacturers. I was leaning towards the 4.7", but now I'm leaning towards the 5.5" if it has improved specs and battery life. This is gonna make the decision harder, but at least I still have time to try both first before deciding since my upgrade only comes next year. :/

It's apple who likes to skimp on battery for "thinness" so I wouldn't expect that much larger of a battery, and nowhere near what android manufacturers are sticking in their 5+inch devices

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It's apple who likes to skimp on battery for "thinness" so I wouldn't expect that much larger of a battery, and nowhere near what android manufacturers are sticking in their 5+inch devices

Yup. Of course. But even the 5S with the much smaller battery could outlast a lot of my Android devices because of optimisation and power management, so there isn't really a need for a super huge battery like the recent huawei ascend mate 2 with 3900mAh battery. Haha.

But still the battery will be bigger than the 5.5" to support the bigger display much like the iPad air and the iPad mini 2. :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Of course. But even the 5S with the much smaller battery could outlast a lot of my Android devices because of optimisation and power management, so there isn't really a need for a super huge battery like the recent huawei ascend mate 2 with 3900mAh battery. Haha.

But still the battery will be bigger than the 5.5" to support the bigger display much like the iPad air and the iPad mini 2. :)

Id be happy if they stuck a 2200-2400 battery in the 4.7 and 26-2800 in the 5.5 because I think those could easily power the iPhone a whole day of heavy use. But most likely it will be around 2000 for battery

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Id be happy if they stuck a 2200-2400 battery in the 4.7 and 26-2800 in the 5.5 because I think those could easily power the iPhone a whole day of heavy use. But most likely it will be around 2000 for battery

Yeah. One can hope. Moto x has a 2200 mah battery but is much thicker. So I'm with you in guessing it will be around 2000. But of course if Apple could optimise A8 chip even more, it might still be able to last a day of heavy use. Fingers crossed. :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. One can hope. Moto x has a 2200 mah battery but is much thicker. So I'm with you in guessing it will be around 2000. But of course if Apple could optimise A8 chip even more, it might still be able to last a day of heavy use. Fingers crossed. :)

Yeah because even with all the optimization in the world there is only so much you can do with the battery size. A little extra mah is always welcome.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I usually get a new phone every year, but actually welcome the larger devices this time around.

This is definitely a dilemma for me. I think I'll end up ordering the device (because I NEED it lol), then testing it for a week to see how it feels in my hand. If I don't like it I'll just have to return it. My 5S is a great device & I'll just have to talk myself off the ledge & deal with the same device for another year.

Since I have a 2nd line with a 4S on it, I may even try out a Windows or Android device...keeping my 5S as my daily driver. This should help me with my issue

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73