Possible 5.5" iPhone leaked and compared to 4.7"

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
"Most" *near you* yet anytime anyone else says different you jump in claiming they can't be right because of your "most"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought you weren't going to waste your time with me? Hmmm
Oh, and I don't see Seattle being the cellphone case capital of the world either ...

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought you weren't going to waste your time with me? Hmmm
Oh, and I don't see Seattle being the cellphone case capital of the world either ...

Who is from Seattle? Lol and where did I ever claim that my area was cell phone case capital? The more you post, the more foolish you make yourself look. If you're going to put words in my mouth at least know what you're talking about...

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Who is from Seattle? Lol and where did I ever claim that my area was cell phone case capital? The more you post, the more foolish you make yourself look. If you're going to put words in my mouth at least know what you're talking about...

For someone who wasn't going waste their time on me, You sure seem to be sticking around. If you're not from Seattle then I must be the one from Seattle. I'm sure I was referencing that Seattle was no different than anyplace else in the country as far as cellphone case usage goes. As for someone looking foolish ... Well, I didn't really put any words in your mouth, and I'm fairly confident that I know what I'm talking about ... Soooo ... Yeah ...

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Well I don't know who everyone is talking to but I live in the cellphone case capital of the world. You're not even aloud in my town if you don't have a case on your phone. We have a check point set up.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Here's a nifty comparison between the 5.5", 4.7" and other phones. The 5.5" looks just a bit too big for me, as well as too expensive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJla9d291z0&sns=em

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Damn. If those prove to be accurate I might have to pass on the 5.5" and that's the version I was excited for. The bezels are ridiculous. I get the bottom due to the home button but the top? Wish they'd quit worrying so much about how thin they can make a phone. With the billions of dollars they have laying around and the staff that they do, I'm just perplexed how this is the best they can come up with.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Damn. If those prove to be accurate I might have to pass on the 5.5" and that's the version I was excited for. The bezels are ridiculous. I get the bottom due to the home button but the top? Wish they'd quit worrying so much about how thin they can make a phone. With the billions of dollars they have laying around and the staff that they do, I'm just perplexed how this is the best they can come up with.

Agree not sure why apple of all people can't cut down on the bezels. It seems as the phones get larger so do their bezels in apples case. Maybe they should take some cues from lg and their super small bezels

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I agree. Dare I say it, but Apple should have taken a page from the Samsung Galaxy Note3 book concerning the top bezel....It's way to BIG, especially for a 5.5 inch device(screen). My 5s is my portable device as where my Note3 is more like my tablet (phablet) ....I guess what I'm trying to say is between the 4.7 and 5.5 iPhone 6, I will probably be going with the 4.7 iPhone 6. I do like the idea that Apple didn't just make the device longer, but wider as well.....I like that.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Agree not sure why apple of all people can't cut down on the bezels. It seems as the phones get larger so do their bezels in apples case. Maybe they should take some cues from lg and their super small bezels

I agree. Dare I say it, but Apple should have taken a page from the Samsung Galaxy Note3 book concerning the top bezel....It's way to BIG, especially for a 5.5 inch device(screen). My 5s is my portable device as where my Note3 is more like my tablet (phablet) ....I guess what I'm trying to say is between the 4.7 and 5.5 iPhone 6, I will probably be going with the 4.7 iPhone 6. I do like the idea that Apple didn't just make the device longer, but wider as well.....I like that.

I certainly agree with the both of you. Seems to me, based purely on what we have seen via rumors, that Apple perhaps is just not ready for the phablet market. It almost seems like a rushed attempt, despite the fact that we are coming up on the 4th generation of the Note series.

At this point I would prefer that if Apple were to release two sizes simultaneously, that they would stick to the current 4" size in addition to the 4.7". There are quite a few souls who are very happy with the one-handed ease and pocketability of the 4" device. And if they kept the specs the same on the 4" as the 4.7" (aside from size)....they would offer one of the only premium handsets at that size-point. The 4.7" would then serve to meet the needs of those clamoring for a larger screen (5" would have been my sweet spot but you'll have that).

Oh well, as always, time will tell once Cook walks out on stage.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Keep in mind here, everyone will have their own opinion. It doesn't mean anyone here is right or wrong. You just don't see eye to eye.

Agree to disagree and coexist!

And, I finally got comfortable with a 4" screen. I've got a Note 3 I use only as a tablet. I'll be very discouraged if my only options are bigger and significantly bigger.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Of course everyone realizes that those mock-ups supposedly came from a cellphone case manufacture to better understand the new phones in designing their cases ...

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Of course everyone realizes that those mock-ups supposedly came from a cellphone case manufacture to better understand the new phones in designing their cases ...

Very true. My concern is that back when the 5 was first coming to fruition, we began seeing similar mock-ups and in the end they ended up being correct. From reading comments section on the various tech sites, I'm in the minority in that I don't mind the look of the back or sides with the antenna bands. I'm more concerned with the bezel and that is where I hope these mock-ups prove to be inaccurate. At least on top and sides anyways.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Personally I was hoping for a 6" screen with next to no bezels, the home button moved to one side, and add a back button to the other side. All the while taking up a smaller footprint than the Note 3 ...
iphone.png

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I just hope the 5.5" iPhone can use iPad apps. If it is limited to iPhone apps only, I see no reason to buy the larger phone.

I've never thought of this. However, what I wouldn't want are for apps that aren't made for the iPad to be letterboxed like they are on the iPad. Instagram, for example.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I just hope the 5.5" iPhone can use iPad apps. If it is limited to iPhone apps only, I see no reason to buy the larger phone.

What makes you think they will? The Android phablets don't use tablet specific apps. I personally will buy the larger phone because I want a larger screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal