Possible 5.5" iPhone leaked and compared to 4.7"

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I happen to use a case. My whole point was I don't see the reason for a sarcastic quip to someone that a case will solve their problem when the fact is , not everyone uses a case. In this situation, it doesn't matter if 85% of people use a case. It's irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

That's just it ... It is relevant. Most people will put their phone in a case, and never look at the back of their phone until you guessed it ... they get a new case. Now with the majority of people putting their phones in cases the matter of what the back of a phone looks like is really what has become irrelevant. Hence my comment ... Sorry the truth hurts.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's just it ... It is relevant. Most people will put their phone in a case, and never look at the back of their phone until you guessed it ... they get a new case. Now with the majority of people putting their phones in cases the matter of what the back of a phone looks like is really what has become irrelevant. Hence my comment ... Sorry the truth hurts.

What if someone has a clear case? :p
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402955836.640011.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

One guy gave an opinion. You jumped him that a case solves the problem. If HE does not use a case, then a case doesn't solve sh*t. Hence no matter how many people use a case, it's irrelevant in your comment to him.

As far as majority....where are your numbers coming from? Your circle? I see many MANY people caseless every day. The forums have a sleuth of threads about going naked with the phones. It's a reality partner. Sorry the truth hurts...

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
One guy gave an opinion. You jumped him that a case solves the problem. If HE does not use a case, then a case doesn't solve sh*t. Hence no matter how many people use a case, it's irrelevant in your comment to him.

As far as majority....where are your numbers coming from? Your circle? I see many MANY people caseless every day. The forums have a sleuth of threads about going naked with the phones. It's a reality partner. Sorry the truth hurts...

He really lives up to his username doesn't he? lol

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, if the next iPhone is a stretched out 5S, with the mother of all bezel, it doesn't matter if every 6 in existence has a case on it. Unless of course you dig that style.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

Here's my numbers. Feel free to check my work. Every shopping mall has Kiosks that sell nothing but cases, nearly every store you can think of both online, and brick & mortar sells cases. Do you know why there are so many Manufactures and retailers selling cellphone cases? It's because people are buying them and putting their phones in them. A simple supply and demand, business 101 kind of thing. No matter whether it's the protection aspect, or the almost infinite ability to customize their cellphones, it has taken the saturation of cellphone cases to the point where it's quite surprising that anyone actually cares what their Black or White slab of glass initially looked like in the first place. As far as the "sleuth of forum threads" go ... what ... someone posts whether they should go without a case or not? Then a handful chime in that they hate cases, and don't use them. Then the majority post that the OP should get a case and what their favorite one is ... every single time. Mob rules, it's a reality partner ...
Amazon.com: iphone cases
Cell Phone Cases & Clips - Best Buy
https://www.google.com/#q=iphone+cases
iphone cases | eBay

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Here's my numbers. Feel free to check my work. Every shopping mall has Kiosks that sell nothing but cases, nearly every store you can think of both online, and brick & mortar sells cases. Do you know why there are so many Manufactures and retailers selling cellphone cases? It's because people are buying them and putting their phones in them. A simple supply and demand, business 101 kind of thing. No matter whether it's the protection aspect, or the almost infinite ability to customize their cellphones, it has taken the saturation of cellphone cases to the point where it's quite surprising that anyone actually cares what their Black or White slab of glass initially looked like in the first place. As far as the "sleuth of forum threads" go ... what ... someone posts whether they should go without a case or not? Then a handful chime in that they hate cases, and don't use them. Then the majority post that the OP should get a case and what their favorite one is ... every single time. Mob rules, it's a reality partner ...
Amazon.com: iphone cases
Cell Phone Cases & Clips - Best Buy
https://www.google.com/#q=iphone+cases
iphone cases | eBay

Lol 👏👏👏

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm not getting all the "stretched out" comments. The aspect ratio won't change as it did from the iphone 4S to 5. A bigger screen iphone 6 means more width and height.

As for how the back looks, save it for the actual release. Apple isn't stupid. Most do use cases though so it is interesting how so many obsess about something they'll cover up. I'm liking the rounded edges moreso. I need a case on the 5S because frankly it sucks to use without one. JMO though but my phone is my main book reader. But I would like to lose the case with the iphone 6.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not getting all the "stretched out" comments. The aspect ratio won't change as it did from the iphone 4S to 5. A bigger screen iphone 6 means more width and height.

As for how the back looks, save it for the actual release. Apple isn't stupid. Most do use cases though so it is interesting how so many obsess about something they'll cover up. I'm liking the rounded edges moreso. I need a case on the 5S because frankly it sucks to use without one. JMO though but my phone is my main book reader. But I would like to lose the case with the iphone 6.

The prelim specs have the height growing by double the width (6mm x 3mm). So maybe stretched isn't the best adjective. But it appears they're taking an already tall and narrow device and making it even taller than it is wider.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Idk I work with the public on a daily basis. I would say the ratio is easily 10 to 1 if not greater....

I also work with the public and id say for every iPhone with a case I see 2 without. Guess it all depends where you're at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yikes! If you believe that to be true, then I have some black velvet paintings of Dogs Playing Poker for you.

My bad I forgot you are the know all, be all and speak for everyone. How foolish of me to think there is actually differing people and opinions... /s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen