Let's talk about this design, shall we?

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I like these renders better than anything I have seen yet, very similar to the shape of the Moto X which I think feels great in the hand.

iphone-6-design2.png

iphone-6-design3.png

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Doubt that they won't go wider. The iPhone 5 is that way due to the 16:9 aspect ratio, perfect for video watching.

It will be similar is screen size to the Nexus 4 and possibly look a bit like the M8.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
The render in post #22 "looks" proportionately better to me. I'd take that over an elongated "look" as shown in post #1.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I like these renders better than anything I have seen yet, very similar to the shape of the Moto X which I think feels great in the hand.

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibt..._large/public/2014/02/08/iphone-6-design2.png

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibt..._large/public/2014/02/08/iphone-6-design3.png

As someone with an HTC One with its rounded back, I can't begin to tell you how annoying it is for me when putting the device down and typing on it and seeing it rock gently from side to side as my finger taps the screen nearest the edges... In all other respects though, the phone is great.

Whilst I will probably get the new iPhone when it comes out, if it looks anything like the mock up in your photo, I definitely will not buy it, such is my annoyance with curved backs. Don't get me wrong, I don't deny that it looks good, just that the curved back makes it a pain to use on a flat surface.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
As someone with an HTC One with its rounded back, I can't begin to tell you how annoying it is for me when putting the device down and typing on it and seeing it rock gently from side to side as my finger taps the screen nearest the edges... In all other respects though, the phone is great.

Whilst I will probably get the new iPhone when it comes out, if it looks anything like the mock up in your photo, I definitely will not buy it, such is my annoyance with curved backs. Don't get me wrong, I don't deny that it looks good, just that the curved back makes it a pain to use on a flat surface.

Agree with on a table. But considering that's phones are mostly used in your hand he curve makes sense and feels a lot better.

The moto x was perfect in hand

rja1966

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the OP that this concept appears to lose the 'premium' look, but having held the 5c and 5s at launch I immediately preferred the feel of the 5c in the hand, it felt a lot more comfortable and I think now that the overall size of the phone is growing the rounded edges are probably a good call especially if it is to retain its one handed use which many of us still want. I hope that the final product looks and feels like a real quality product and I would purchase one based on these images.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
The more as I look at the rumored designs of the back the more that its slightly growing on me. It'll definitely be a plus if the back is indeed metal and will hold up to drops. If that's the case I'll definitely get it.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
image.jpg

I think when the iPhone 6 is launched, it will be a lot more refined, so I wouldn't base my decision off of a bunch of unofficial mockups. This is a mockup I found, and I think this is how the iPhone 6 will look by launch.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, but more refined. All of the other mockups are just rough designs like I said before. This, however, is a refined version of the rumored design.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
What people already imagine which only a hand full really know for shore in fact Tim Cook could already be pocketing an i6 daily driver right now

I will give my final opinion when I actually physically handle a live unit I refuse to insult Apple on design

Let's all keep an open mind

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
What people already imagine which only a hand full really know for shore in fact Tim Cook could already be pocketing an i6 daily driver right now

I will give my final opinion when I actually physically handle a live unit I refuse to insult Apple on design

Let's all keep an open mind

I was doing my best at keeping an open mind until the video surfaced this morning allegedly showing the casing for the 4.7". Granted, like you say, it is not like holding the real deal in your hand. But at the same time, if it is a fake, someone went through one heck of an effort in creating it.

brett_f

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I was doing my best at keeping an open mind until the video surfaced this morning allegedly showing the casing for the 4.7". Granted, like you say, it is not like holding the real deal in your hand. But at the same time, if it is a fake, someone went through one heck of an effort in creating it.

finn,

I've always found your opinions to be thoughtful and you seem like a pretty level headed person. I think the mock ups are accurate. The case manufacturers always leak the mock ups that they receive in order to have aftermarket accessories ready at launch.

That being said.. all I think of when I see this phone is ZOMG BEZEL! :) Seriously.. that as you said in another thread "that is the mother of all bezel" LOL.

The truth is I will purchase it and use it anyway. I often switch between my iPhone 5 and my Nexus 5, but with the announcements to iOS 8 I believe Apple has knocked it out of the park. With Extensibility, Sharing, Widgets, Interactive Notifications I truly believe developers will make incredible apps and iOS will be even more amazing.

I'm excited for iOS 8, and I WANT a larger screen badly. Between the two I believe I will be very happy with my phone... so I will just have to live with the GIGANTIC bezels. :(

-Brett

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
finn,

I've always found your opinions to be thoughtful and you seem like a pretty level headed person. I think the mock ups are accurate. The case manufacturers always leak the mock ups that they receive in order to have aftermarket accessories ready at launch.

That being said.. all I think of when I see this phone is ZOMG BEZEL! :) Seriously.. that as you said in another thread "that is the mother of all bezel" LOL.

The truth is I will purchase it and use it anyway. I often switch between my iPhone 5 and my Nexus 5, but with the announcements to iOS 8 I believe Apple has knocked it out of the park. With Extensibility, Sharing, Widgets, Interactive Notifications I truly believe developers will make incredible apps and iOS will be even more amazing.

I'm excited for iOS 8, and I WANT a larger screen badly. Between the two I believe I will be very happy with my phone... so I will just have to live with the GIGANTIC bezels. :(

-Brett

Hey Brett, thank you for the kind words!! I truly appreciate them. I'm right there with you. I was very surprised with iOS 8 and what Apple intends to do. Honestly I was expecting a very uneventful unveiling and came away more excited than I've been in quite a while. I cannot wait to try it out on the next phone.

That said, I'm encouraged by this week's leaks suggesting the back panel will look much different than the mock-ups we have seen. I am also encouraged at the prospect of curved glass where the bezel meets the sides.

I will own the next iPhone on release date. The only two questions for me to answer are 4.7 vs 5.5 and black vs white. And I too will love the combination of iOS 8 and larger screen. I'm still holding out hope that the bezels are reduced. I just want Sept to get here lol.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

brett_f

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I saw the leaks showing the back panel would be much more "dressy" in the actual release version... but I didn't see the curved glass leak. You got a link? :cool:

Honestly the back doesn't bother me at all. I could live with it exactly as the mock ups show it. It's the front top/bottom bezels that make me go :cant-watch:

-Brett

On edit: Nevermind. I Googled it and found the treasure trove of leaked images. They are VERY believable because they aren't mock ups, but actual iPhone parts. I see that the front bezels are still there, but smaller than the mock ups.. a little. I also see the curved glass at the edge. That will be really nice.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
image.jpg

Look at this render from MacRumors that shows a rumored design of the iPhone 6. This factors in the glass top pieces where the plastic outlined placeholders were in the mockups. Looks good, can't wait to see it in Space Gray!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Man, I was convinced I'd finally get a white faced phone this time around, likely silver. But if these renders hold true, I might stay true to black cause it's lookin sharp.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1404512683.432794.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1404512699.005213.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2