What are the odds....?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With so many people impatiently waiting for Apple to release a larger size iPhone, what are the odds that those who now want one will see it and then decide that they no longer want it? Could you be one of those people?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I could be one of those people if they actually make the thing taller again. Other than that, I don't know what else they can do to not make me want to buy it. Just take my American Express and gimme my phone :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I can see it happening

Most are not sure what they want just see bigger phones on the market and assume that's what they need

But in the end it's usability and content that wins out

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I think that's very possible. The bigger phones are the buzz and some people think they want a larger phone. It wouldn't surprise me to see them change their minds.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think a bigger screen would be nice but its going to depend on how big Apple makes the phone. If its too big, I don't know how I'm gonna feel about it. Especially since I carry my rMini. I may still get one & use it on my 2nd line...I have never gone a whole year without getting a new device (it gives me anxiety LOL).

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I think a bigger screen would be nice but its going to depend on how big Apple makes the phone. If its too big, I don't know how I'm gonna feel about it. Especially since I carry my rMini. I may still get one & use it on my 2nd line...I have never gone a whole year without getting a new device (it gives me anxiety LOL).

I know that feeling. Within the last year I have owned an iPhone 5, Galaxy S4, HTC One, Note 3 and iPhone 5s. And I imagine I will own a Note 4 and iPhone 6 by years end. It's a sickness really, but one I have no intention of finding a cure for! :p

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
my initial thought is that i don't want a bigger phone- I will wait and see- apple has a way of making me want what i never thought i wanted...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know that feeling. Within the last year I have owned an iPhone 5, Galaxy S4, HTC One, Note 3 and iPhone 5s. And I imagine I will own a Note 4 and iPhone 6 by years end. It's a sickness really, but one I have no intention of finding a cure for! :p

Yep, it's a sickness (laughing), but I like your honesty....:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
my initial thought is that i don't want a bigger phone- I will wait and see- apple has a way of making me want what i never thought i wanted...

I think a lot of people fall into this particular category....:)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm not looking for a cure either...I kinda like it

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
With so many people impatiently waiting for Apple to release a larger size iPhone, what are the odds that those who now want one will see it and then decide that they no longer want it? Could you be one of those people?

I can see it happening too but I can definitely say that unless the bigger screen iPhone 6 is a complete dog, I will be buying one (or maybe even two).

The reason I went for an Android device to supplement my iPhone in the first place was for a larger screen. if Apple satisfy that need for me than I will happily move all my devices back without a thought.

I'm also considering a MacBook Air if they go retina too.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site

I'm not. I just like the products they come up with. For me, I look at design aspect first and usability and content second. So far, I think Sir Jony Ives is an artist that brings out masterpieces.

So, all in all, I don't care if it's bigger or smaller. I already know I'm going to like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theromz

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I think its always best to wait before you decided you want one, but for some people its a no brainer, iOS works, why change that when your upgrade is due.

Personally I'm waiting too see how it is, I actual like Android but I'm feeling to change mostly cause I like the design of iOS7, I hated the design of iOS6 and prior, I also hated Android but I have liked it since 4.0. So the software looks much better, and it finally has some vital things like background sync which I really love on Android. Press finally got it out the box this week, Google got it recently for gmail, and so on.

But I really want a bigger screen size, its the biggest deal for me, I enjoy using my phone more and more these days, and going from 1080p 5" to <720p 4" is a big step down, iOS still renders at 320p which doesn't let you see as much, which makes reading harder, enjoying websites, even games which are super beautiful is really hard to notice the upgrade when you compare iPhone 5/5s. For example with the latest infinity blade and the 5s the difference was hard, but on the iPad it was extremely apparent.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been waiting for it for a long time and honestly their design philosophy is one I like their battery life is one I do not like. That said they will not be selling a wider iphone 5S it will be a new design and yet still familiar so it will simply be is it for you or not and that will come in a few months.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have been waiting for it for a long time and honestly their design philosophy is one I like their battery life is one I do not like. That said they will not be selling a wider iphone 5S it will be a new design and yet still familiar so it will simply be is it for you or not and that will come in a few months.

Then again I don't think Apple is the only one suffering from battery loss. To me, I think apple batteries are better than the phones I've used so far.

theromz

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Then again I don't think Apple is the only one suffering from battery loss. To me, I think apple batteries are better than the phones I've used so far.

Android has recently fixed up and is much more competitive, 4.4 is really optimised now and runs a lot better, and the S801 SoC is really great on power, meaning devices are 20% more battery life now.

62585.png

The M8 doesn't have a huge *** battery, if you did the maths (to lazy) to compare screen size to battery life the difference would not be huge. Hopefully Apple can push this and do better, competition always aids the end user to get the best tech :).

Sticking too the OP Apple has documents showing there is no growth in the 4" and $300+ market, so if apple wants more users and continue to grow it really has to bring a bigger device.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

LOL, I also have this sickness. I've owned a SG3, Z10, 5s and Note3 all in the last year. I need help, but not sure I want help.....LOL. SMILE

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal