On the internet, I keep seeing articles about the iPhone 6 being a revolutionary phone that's going to change the game for Apple.

My question is, should I get the 5S or wait for the iPhone 6? Do you think it's going to come out in August like the rumors say? The longest I can wait for before getting a new phone is around August 27th.

Thanks guys!
    05-23-2014 01:51 PM
    I have no idea if the iPhone 6 will release in August but I sure hope it does. Does Apple announce the new iPhone's during WWDC, or is that a separate event? In any case I would definitely try to hold out until the iPhone 6 is announced before upgrading to a 5s. But if worse comes to worst you could always just sell the 5s and pay the difference for the 6.
    05-23-2014 02:24 PM
    On the internet, I keep seeing articles about the iPhone 6 being a revolutionary phone that's going to change the game for Apple.

My question is, should I get the 5S or wait for the iPhone 6? Do you think it's going to come out in August like the rumors say? The longest I can wait for before getting a new phone is around August 27th.

Thanks guys!
    You're barely over 3 months away from the alleged launch of the next iPhone so therefore, I suggest that you wait, if you can. You will still be able to purchase the iPhone 5S, and at a reduced rate, if you find that its successor is not what you want.
    05-23-2014 02:31 PM
    You're barely over 3 months away from the alleged launch of the next iPhone so therefore, I suggest that you wait, if you can. You will still be able to purchase the iPhone 5S, and at a reduced rate, if you find that its successor is not what you want.
    To me it doesn't really matter. I just need a new phone before August 30th.
    05-23-2014 02:55 PM
    Oh okay. Well, you may have to go with the 5S, but try to hold off until after WWDC, if you can, just in case something special is revealed that could launch prior to Aug. 30th.
    05-23-2014 02:59 PM
    Oh okay. Well, you may have to go with the 5S, but try to hold off until after WWDC, if you can, just in case something special is revealed that could launch prior to Aug. 30th.
    I am. I'd much rather get the 6 than the 5S since the 5S is almost a year old.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-23-2014 03:04 PM
    I'd definitely wait for the 6. Still like everyone else said before me wait till WWDC.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.
    05-23-2014 06:00 PM
    If your 4S is giving you problems how much can you swap it for at the Genius bar? Wait for the 6 and sell the refurb 4S when you get the 6? Just don't sign a contract for a 5S now, you may want the 6.
    05-24-2014 10:19 PM
    it really boils down to what you want from your next phone. iOS8 will be pushed to all (current) phones, so software wise it will not be a huge difference, both 5S and 6 will run it smoothly and provide a superior experience. If the thought of a 4.7" screen gets you pumped, wait for the 6. If you like the 5S screen size better, go for the 5S. Both will guarantee you a top notch OS experience for the next two years at least.
    pr1nce likes this.
    05-25-2014 01:32 AM
    I would wait, since, as other have said, it may only be a few months away.
    05-27-2014 12:13 AM
    The question is do you get the iPhone 6 or wait for the rumor of a bigger iphone 6 ... Me personally idk I might get both lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-27-2014 05:35 AM
    I'm in a similar boat.

I'm trying to hold off getting a 5s to replace my Note 3 but it's proving difficult to do so.

Waiting until after WWDC is a great idea though. Who knows what will be unveiled then.
    05-29-2014 02:39 PM
    Honestly if you can wait until 8-27 I would say wait a few weeks longer. If you don't like what they announce get the current iPhone 5s, if you like it you only have a couple of weeks to go before its on sale. If you buy it in August you are stuck with it for a long time and you may not be happy.
    05-29-2014 07:00 PM
    It's a win win situation if you get the 5s you will have a quality industry leading smartphone for a few months and then a very good quality phone with leading Apple software in the fall
    05-29-2014 10:51 PM
    Wait for the 6 release, then buy the iPhone 5S from someone selling it cheap because they are getting the 6 lol
    05-30-2014 09:43 AM
    I suggest waiting the 3 months (approx), if for some reason the 6 doesn't appeal to you ....you can always get the 5s probably at a reasonable low price once the 6 is released.
    05-30-2014 09:46 AM
    IMO If you are thinking on getting a iPhone 5s by now, you would have one already... Bottom line you would have found a way to get it... Off contract, buying used, etc...

So with that said, is there a reason to wait? No and Yes.. Will you be able to accomplish the same things with a 5S as you will with a new iPhone 6, yes.. But it's not new.... Some of those things effect people day in and day out.. But remember it's not my money your spending on the device...

I say get what makes you happy and a accomplished person everyday.
    05-30-2014 09:56 AM
    go for it i just did the same thing i know i am going to most likely get the 6 however i still ordered the unlocked version from apple gold 32gb to hold me over until the new one comes i will be able to sell it to cover at least half the cost of the new one since it will be only 3-4months old unlocked and 32gb all good enjoy i know i am enjoying my 5s.
    05-30-2014 01:27 PM
    I have been asking myself the same question. I think I will hold off for the release of the 6 though.
    05-30-2014 10:29 PM
    IMO If you are thinking on getting a iPhone 5s by now, you would have one already... Bottom line you would have found a way to get it... Off contract, buying used, etc...

So with that said, is there a reason to wait? No and Yes.. Will you be able to accomplish the same things with a 5S as you will with a new iPhone 6, yes.. But it's not new.... Some of those things effect people day in and day out.. But remember it's not my money your spending on the device...

I say get what makes you happy and a accomplished person everyday.
    My contract is ending next month so, I'm going to see what happens at WWDC.
    05-31-2014 02:06 AM
    I'd wait for the iPhone 6 but I wouldn't wait in line at a store unless Apple has a online preorder and I am only in line to pick up a phone that I already paid for.
    05-31-2014 05:05 AM
    I would get the 5s use it carefully and when the 6 comes out and attract me, I will sell the 5S to buy the 6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    05-31-2014 05:15 AM
    At WWDC they announced it would come out in the fall so I'm pretty sure it'll be later than August
    06-08-2014 10:29 PM
    If you don't need a larger screen, there is nothing wrong with the 5s and it will easily be able to handle anything you throw at it for the foreseeable future. I mean the a7 chip hasn't even really been fully pushed yet, so it will continue humming along even if it's not "the newest" out
    06-09-2014 09:17 AM
    It's only a few months and I say wait. And if you want the 5s still when the 6 comes out, the 6c or a used 5s would save you money...
    06-10-2014 02:34 AM
26 12