Should I get the 5S or wait for the iPhone 6?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
On the internet, I keep seeing articles about the iPhone 6 being a revolutionary phone that's going to change the game for Apple.

My question is, should I get the 5S or wait for the iPhone 6? Do you think it's going to come out in August like the rumors say? The longest I can wait for before getting a new phone is around August 27th.

Thanks guys!

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea if the iPhone 6 will release in August but I sure hope it does. Does Apple announce the new iPhone's during WWDC, or is that a separate event? In any case I would definitely try to hold out until the iPhone 6 is announced before upgrading to a 5s. But if worse comes to worst you could always just sell the 5s and pay the difference for the 6.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
On the internet, I keep seeing articles about the iPhone 6 being a revolutionary phone that's going to change the game for Apple.

My question is, should I get the 5S or wait for the iPhone 6? Do you think it's going to come out in August like the rumors say? The longest I can wait for before getting a new phone is around August 27th.

Thanks guys!

You're barely over 3 months away from the alleged launch of the next iPhone so therefore, I suggest that you wait, if you can. You will still be able to purchase the iPhone 5S, and at a reduced rate, if you find that its successor is not what you want.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
You're barely over 3 months away from the alleged launch of the next iPhone so therefore, I suggest that you wait, if you can. You will still be able to purchase the iPhone 5S, and at a reduced rate, if you find that its successor is not what you want.

To me it doesn't really matter. I just need a new phone before August 30th.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Oh okay. Well, you may have to go with the 5S, but try to hold off until after WWDC, if you can, just in case something special is revealed that could launch prior to Aug. 30th.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Oh okay. Well, you may have to go with the 5S, but try to hold off until after WWDC, if you can, just in case something special is revealed that could launch prior to Aug. 30th.

I am. :) I'd much rather get the 6 than the 5S since the 5S is almost a year old. :)

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I'd definitely wait for the 6. Still like everyone else said before me wait till WWDC.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
If your 4S is giving you problems how much can you swap it for at the Genius bar? Wait for the 6 and sell the refurb 4S when you get the 6? Just don't sign a contract for a 5S now, you may want the 6.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
it really boils down to what you want from your next phone. iOS8 will be pushed to all (current) phones, so software wise it will not be a huge difference, both 5S and 6 will run it smoothly and provide a superior experience. If the thought of a 4.7" screen gets you pumped, wait for the 6. If you like the 5S screen size better, go for the 5S. Both will guarantee you a top notch OS experience for the next two years at least. :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The question is do you get the iPhone 6 or wait for the rumor of a bigger iphone 6 ... Me personally idk I might get both lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm in a similar boat.

I'm trying to hold off getting a 5s to replace my Note 3 but it's proving difficult to do so.

Waiting until after WWDC is a great idea though. Who knows what will be unveiled then.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Honestly if you can wait until 8-27 I would say wait a few weeks longer. If you don't like what they announce get the current iPhone 5s, if you like it you only have a couple of weeks to go before its on sale. If you buy it in August you are stuck with it for a long time and you may not be happy.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It's a win win situation if you get the 5s you will have a quality industry leading smartphone for a few months and then a very good quality phone with leading Apple software in the fall

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Wait for the 6 release, then buy the iPhone 5S from someone selling it cheap because they are getting the 6 lol

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I suggest waiting the 3 months (approx), if for some reason the 6 doesn't appeal to you ....you can always get the 5s probably at a reasonable low price once the 6 is released.:)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
IMO If you are thinking on getting a iPhone 5s by now, you would have one already... Bottom line you would have found a way to get it... Off contract, buying used, etc...

So with that said, is there a reason to wait? No and Yes.. Will you be able to accomplish the same things with a 5S as you will with a new iPhone 6, yes.. But it's not new.... Some of those things effect people day in and day out.. But remember it's not my money your spending on the device...

I say get what makes you happy and a accomplished person everyday.

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

go for it i just did the same thing i know i am going to most likely get the 6 however i still ordered the unlocked version from apple gold 32gb to hold me over until the new one comes i will be able to sell it to cover at least half the cost of the new one since it will be only 3-4months old unlocked and 32gb all good enjoy i know i am enjoying my 5s.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
IMO If you are thinking on getting a iPhone 5s by now, you would have one already... Bottom line you would have found a way to get it... Off contract, buying used, etc...

So with that said, is there a reason to wait? No and Yes.. Will you be able to accomplish the same things with a 5S as you will with a new iPhone 6, yes.. But it's not new.... Some of those things effect people day in and day out.. But remember it's not my money your spending on the device...

I say get what makes you happy and a accomplished person everyday.

My contract is ending next month so, I'm going to see what happens at WWDC.