Who wants a better iPhone camera?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just read an article that stated that a certain percentage of people who were polled wanted the iPhone 6 to have a better camera. Are you one of those people, and if so, what the heck is wrong with the current camera that makes you to want a better one?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes I take a photo of something in a far distance. When I crop it to that object, it becomes a very small picture. If the iPhone camera had more pixels, the object would have been bigger. I hope someday the iPhone will have a camera with more pixels and same quality as the current one.

Besides that there is nothing wrong with it in its current state

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Unless Apple partners with canon or Nikon I don't expect much from the camera on any iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing JustMe'D,-What's wrong with the current camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Currently my iphone 5 camera is good but I'd like to have it even better. Plus they hired someone from Nokia's camera department. I'm guessing they are taking this camera quality seriously.

[citation needed]

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I think the camera on my 5s is awesome for a cell phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Phone cameras can always be better, having said that; as long as you understand the limitations of the 5s camera, it's pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Now that I have a 1020, I'm really spoiled for a good camera as good as that, which I'm never going to get on a 5s...sigh

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
It's good if they try to make it better. but hopefully not failing in the same process.... There can be good cameras that are terrible.

Let's hope Apple keeps up with the good side of things

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Better? Lol.. In tech world, no one can reach to a point where one says - I am content or I don't need better xyz! :D

Btw, I am happy with iPhone 5 's camera though a *better* camera in 6 will be welcomed with arms wide open :D

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It's good if they try to make it better. but hopefully not failing in the same process.... There can be good cameras that are terrible.

Let's hope Apple keeps up with the good side of things

Very well said

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Better? Lol.. In tech world, no one can reach to a point where one says - I am content or I don't need better xyz! :D
That's debatable. Believe it or not, there are people who are still holding onto their non-smartphone because they are content with it and do not need anything else.

Btw, I am happy with iPhone 5 's camera though a *better* camera in 6 will be welcomed with arms wide open :D

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums
Of course....:)

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I love the camera on my 5 - the image quality is great. That said, since I discovered that it distorts items that are not in the center of the frame, I'm a lot more selective about using it vs my regular digital.

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I just read an article that stated that a certain percentage of people who were polled wanted the iPhone 6 to have a better camera. Are you one of those people, and if so, what the heck is wrong with the current camera that makes you to want a better one?

Because one of the perks of continuous advancing technology is continuous advancement technology. The iPhone?s camera though among the absolute best in mobile photography, is not perfect, nor is it the absolute best, so there is always room for improvement. I think some special attention should be paid to low light performance.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It would be nice to have more camera features and options. The 5/5c/5s all make nice photos. But they could improve low light and add features like this.
be2yjequ.jpg

Sent from from my iPhone 5