A new report says that the iPhone will be unveiled some time in August rather than September.
    05-09-2014 04:23 PM
    If this is so, it is great news. And so we must save our money...
    qbnkelt, agalaria and Ariyala like this.
    05-09-2014 06:35 PM
    Very true
    05-09-2014 06:37 PM
    The one rumour I hope does not come true...

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    05-09-2014 06:42 PM
    I'm wishing that this is true. I need to get a newer smartphone before September and this means that I can get the latest version.
    05-09-2014 07:00 PM
    The one rumour I hope does not come true...

Care to elaborate?
    05-09-2014 07:00 PM
    I believe the second part to this rumor is that the larger screened 6 would debut in September. That's the one I'm hopping is true.

Android iMore App on BlackBerry Z30 C001F29E5
    05-11-2014 07:43 PM
    They could launch the 6 in July, and I'd still have to wait until February for an upgrade with Verizon. Well, I could give up my vacation...Not!

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    Speedygi likes this.
    05-11-2014 08:36 PM
    If it is set to release August so hopefully we will know more about the phone in June I hope it is as good as the hype or even better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-13-2014 12:05 AM
    I believe the second part to this rumor is that the larger screened 6 would debut in September. That's the one I'm hopping is true.

Android iMore App on BlackBerry Z30 C001F29E5
    I still don’t believe the two release dates rumors... having a second device launching within a month will stifle sales of the first unit. People will not buy the first released device without knowing about/seeing the second - fear of buying the "wrong" device. Apple is smarter than that.
    Speedygi likes this.
    05-13-2014 12:40 AM
    I think if they were going to be doing this they would have WWDC earlier like before when they used to launch the devices in July time frame. Still think they will stick with the september/oct time frame.
    05-16-2014 08:45 PM
    I still don’t believe the two release dates rumors... having a second device launching within a month will stifle sales of the first unit. People will not buy the first released device without knowing about/seeing the second - fear of buying the "wrong" device. Apple is smarter than that.
    Agree. I think if there is two devices being launched they will launch one and then 6 months or so later launch the larger version similar to what samsung does with their galaxy s line and then the note line. This would also allow apple to have less "downtime" with no new product launches that investors seem to complain about.
    05-16-2014 08:46 PM
    For me, the earlier the better; I miss my iPhone.
    05-17-2014 07:00 AM
    The August release date was reported on CNN and FOX news, so it must be true....right? Seriously, there must be some truth to it when all the major news orgs report it. They usually steer clear of known rumors. For me, it doesn't matter. I'll be waiting until my Verizon upgrade in February anyway. That's the way I roll.

05-17-2014 07:22 AM
    The August release date was reported on CNN and FOX news, so it must be true....right? Seriously, there must be some truth to it when all the major news orgs report it. They usually steer clear of known rumors. For me, it doesn't matter. I'll be waiting until my Verizon upgrade in February anyway. That's the way I roll.

My next upgrade is November 2015...

05-17-2014 08:30 AM

CNN has over a hundred affiliates that are tied to them. They could have gotten the info from sites like this. Same leaks, same sources we see.
    05-17-2014 09:59 AM
    CNN has over a hundred affiliates that are tied to them. They could have gotten the info from sites like this. Same leaks, same sources we see.
    Yeah, none of the major media outlets or their affiliates ever get anything wrong - Politics? Spot on. Technology? Always on the money...

Fox: iPhone 5 has laser keyboard, holographic images - CNET
    Speedygi likes this.
    05-17-2014 10:24 AM
    I would prefer an August launch since it will bring a bigger phone and hopefully a bigger battery.
    05-23-2014 06:43 PM
    My next upgrade is November 2015...

Mine is Sept 2015, but I pay full price to keep unlimited. I hope by that time Tmo has boosted their coverage even more so I can switch to them and save some $$ and actually be able to keep unlimited data.
    05-23-2014 06:48 PM
    Won't come till September since it's been reported that all Apple store employees have been locked out of asking for days off in September. So I would say first week of September the phone will be released.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    05-24-2014 09:57 AM
    Mine is Sept 2015, but I pay full price to keep unlimited. I hope by that time Tmo has boosted their coverage even more so I can switch to them and save some $$ and actually be able to keep unlimited data.
    Well I didn't want to pay $920 CAD + HST for mine + $15 for a LTE nano SIM card. So $440 on a 2 year term was good enough for me (plus $120 early upgrade fee since I still had 13 months left on my 3 year term with my 4S). But depending on what the carriers here in Canada do over the next year and a half I might get an iPad with LTE since all I mainly use is data.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    05-24-2014 11:49 AM
    Take my money!
    05-24-2014 07:46 PM

I really hope that this is true. I need a new iPhone by late August, and I don't want to be stuck with last August's iPhone 5S for the next 2 years.
    05-24-2014 09:56 PM
    To me there is no point in waiting for upgrade dates. Selling my prior phone plus paying the difference for full retail usually costs the same of a subsidized phone without the contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    imandroid likes this.
    05-24-2014 10:19 PM
    Would be nice to have my new iPhone earlier. Looking to go back to AT&T as soon as I can. Hopefully this rumor is true.
    05-25-2014 08:56 PM
41 12