Have You Started Saving Yet?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Almost done. Though I won't get mine on initial release. I'll likely wait until November or December.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Almost done. Though I won't get mine on initial release. I'll likely wait until November or December.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

I'm the same, just not quite as long will I wait. Usually wait a month or so to see if any defects/bugs come up that make me want to hold off until they get it fixed.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
To those of you who plan on buying the next flagship iPhone outright (not via a subsidy), have you started saving for it yet?

I've found out that knocking over a couple of liquor stores, and a 7-11 right before release day typically gets me what I want. An additional 7-11 if choose I to get the 64Gb model ...

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
If you have to save you probably shouldn't buy the phone. Save for retirement, it will help or a vacation from your stressful job. Just my 2 cents.

My 5S is getting old anyways, time to buy a new one. :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
If you have to save you probably shouldn't buy the phone. Save for retirement, it will help or a vacation from your stressful job. Just my 2 cents.

My 5S is getting old anyways, time to buy a new one. :)

Some people like to budget there money

You can save for multiply things at the same time

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't even have a credit card, or I would have so many smartphones by now...

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Lol I had a bad CC problem in my late 20ths to the tune of 35 grand but got counseling and finally got out from under it when I sold my house and have been CC free for over 20 years. Cash is king now.

For the young members of iMore a credit card is a bad road to go down I have less stress and more money without them

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Depends on your personality type and spending habits?
I use a CC for everything ($100 cash can last me months because I only use it when I have no choice) and pay it off in full at the end of the each billing cycle. But I'm also one of those anal people that will spend hours tracking down a <$1 discrepancy between my records and the banks records. At this point I have detailed Quicken (iBank now on the Mac) records going back 20+ years of every in/outflow to my accounts.

Sounds like a lot of the things I learned in the credit counseling classes I attended at the time

My problem was I couldn't control myself I would use my cards even when I had cash in my wallet. Your doing it right and the young members I mentioned should use your example not mine 😊

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
@Karen I use 4 bank accounts in two banks and a PayPal account along with three apps to manage my money and like yourself I account for every penny I don't round off to the dollar

In Flames

May 7, 2014
Visit site
@Karen I use 4 bank accounts in two banks and a PayPal account along with three apps to manage my money and like yourself I account for every penny I don't round off to the dollar

I wish I had your guys control. Working in oil makes you lose touch with reality. It's easy to spend ten grand on a credit card when you make 120,000 a year. The bad part is you end up stuck in oil once you start

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I just go and buy a phone outright. I don't like messing about with contracts.

I work hard all year round and save as many pennies as I can. That way I can walk into my local Apple store and buy my shiny new iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234