So a lot of the rumours are point to the iPhone 6 being thinner then the 5/5s and too me it seems pretty silly. I think the 5/5s is the perfect thickness, it is thinner then all the other important flagship devices and most of the market seems to be stabilising at 7-9mm thickness for a phone. Also I don't see much added benefit from it going thinner but we could potential gain battery life if it stayed the same thickness as today, have more z-index for the camera and so on.

The only real reason I can see it getting thinner is so they can have a slide that say how the new iPhone is x% thinner and ahead of the rest of the market, which seem a bit meh too me. Unless they have some real amazing reasons for it, which so far I don't see.

What do you guys think about it.
    04-19-2014 12:23 PM
    Take the rumors with a truckload of salt... rumors are floated mostly to make people click a link to a blog... I'm waiting for the actual specs once a device is launched at an Apple event before I get excited - or not...
    04-19-2014 12:29 PM
    I have seen the pictures, and it looks like its going to be thinner, but for all you'd know it may be a prototype...I have seen more pictures and the back case seems to reaffirm the thinner phone rumor. I'm not a fan of the thinner phone myself, but I thought the look of it made me wonder how sleek it would actually be, because it looks pretty darn sleek, the kind that invokes memories of the M8.

If the pictures are any indication, this phone is going to sell gangbusters because of the beautiful aluminium back...It's literally a license to make tons of money.
    04-19-2014 12:38 PM
    Please for the love of god I hope Apple don't do a thinner iPhone 6 but include a bigger battery in the larger shell instead.

Personally, I feel the thickness of the iPhone is just about perfect once a case is added.
    04-19-2014 12:58 PM
    Wait for the specs to be announced. I do hope the iPhone 6 isn't thinner.
    04-19-2014 02:07 PM
    Like others, I've seen the mockups. Personally, I think thickness/thinness of the currently flagship iPhone is sufficient. Seriously, do people really want something as thin as a sheet of paper? When will it become too thin?
    pr1nce, Premium1 and iOS Gravity like this.
    04-19-2014 08:14 PM
    Like others, I've seen the mockups. Personally, I think thickness/thinness of the currently flagship iPhone is sufficient. Seriously, do people really want something as thin as a sheet of paper? When will it become too thin?
    Can't speak for everyone, but know I don't. Still think the size of my 5s is perfect.
    Just_Me_D and pr1nce like this.
    04-19-2014 08:20 PM
    Please for the love of god I hope Apple don't do a thinner iPhone 6 but include a bigger battery in the larger shell instead.

Personally, I feel the thickness of the iPhone is just about perfect once a case is added.
    Agree. Make a phone that can last all day with heavy use and not have to charge multiple times. This race to paper thin is good for tablets, but I would take a phone that's 1-2mm thicker and included a much larger battery
    agalaria likes this.
    04-19-2014 11:45 PM
    Agree. Make a phone that can last all day with heavy use and not have to charge multiple times. This race to paper thin is good for tablets, but I would take a phone that's 1-2mm thicker and included a much larger battery
    Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    04-20-2014 04:59 PM
    I don't want it too thin that it's sharp enough to give me a paper cut.
    Just_Me_D and theromz like this.
    04-20-2014 05:08 PM
    I'll take any thickness as long as it's not that heavy, has a better battery and more ram.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-20-2014 05:09 PM
    I love the thickness of the 5/5S, and even the 4/4s and 5c. I think there does come a point where a phone can be too thin, and I hope Apple strays away from that fad. Like everyone else says, thickness+bigger/better battery=fine by me
    04-21-2014 09:06 AM
    I hope it's thinner, personally.

Sent from my HTC One
    04-21-2014 12:34 PM
    I want it to feel good in my hand as the 4s, 5 and 5s all have to me. If they can make it thinner, yet it still feels right while improving the specs--go for it. If they can't, I am fine w/current thickness.
    04-21-2014 09:20 PM
    It makes no sense to go thinner. Why would Apple want to do that? There's no demand. How would it affect the battery? Better battery life, larger screen, control over animations, and new and better features and options are what I want.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    04-21-2014 11:59 PM
    I can't see thinner,how many times have you got in your vehicle with your phone in your arse pocket ?
    will not a very thin phone just fold up & die ?
    as an aside, I find round edged devices much harder to hold than
    square.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    04-22-2014 06:19 AM
    I'd rather have more battery life than thinner.
    Premium1 and Ledsteplin like this.
    04-26-2014 02:24 AM
    There's a new rumour saying that the next iPhone might be only 6 mm thin. For comparison the 5th gen iPod touch is 6.1 mm thin.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    04-26-2014 08:19 AM
    I'd rather have more battery life than thinner.
    You and me both. Especially when they make the devices so thin it is almost necessary to get a case for it.
    deadp1xel likes this.
    04-26-2014 04:21 PM
    Would prefer if they keep the same dimension as the iPhone 5/5S (7.6mm thin) but less bezel...
    04-26-2014 05:41 PM
    Would prefer if they keep the same dimension as the iPhone 5/5S (7.6mm thin) but less bezel...
    As long as it can fit in my shirt, jacket or pant pocket, as well as maintain a professional and quality look and feel to it, I'll be happy with it.
    04-26-2014 07:09 PM
    As long as it can fit in my shirt, jacket or pant pocket, as well as maintain a professional and quality look and feel to it, I'll be happy with it.
    Ditto
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-26-2014 07:13 PM
    I want something substantial to grasp on to when I do photo work. How does Apple benefit from thinner? There's no demand for thinner. Seems it would be a waste of Apple's resources. I could make a long list of what iPhone users would rather have than thinner.

Premium1 likes this.
    04-26-2014 08:25 PM
    I want something substantial to grasp on to when I do photo work. How does Apple benefit from thinner? There's no demand for thinner. Seems it would be a waste of Apple's resources. I could make a long list of what iPhone users would rather have than thinner.

I agree 100%

Sent From My iPhone 5s
    04-27-2014 05:10 PM

I feel like apple thinks that as long as they make the device thinner than previous version it will be ok and is something they can use as one of their bullet points on a presentation. What they do not realize, or realize and just don't care is that people would rather the device be a little thicker with much better battery life. Look at some of the top complaints for the iPhone and you'll see battery life. People aren't complaining about the device being too thick.
    04-27-2014 06:10 PM
43 12