A thinner iPhone 6

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Would prefer if they keep the same dimension as the iPhone 5/5S (7.6mm thin) but less bezel...
As long as it can fit in my shirt, jacket or pant pocket, as well as maintain a professional and quality look and feel to it, I'll be happy with it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I want something substantial to grasp on to when I do photo work. How does Apple benefit from thinner? There's no demand for thinner. Seems it would be a waste of Apple's resources. I could make a long list of what iPhone users would rather have than thinner.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I want something substantial to grasp on to when I do photo work. How does Apple benefit from thinner? There's no demand for thinner. Seems it would be a waste of Apple's resources. I could make a long list of what iPhone users would rather have than thinner.

I agree 100%

Sent From My iPhone 5s

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I feel like apple thinks that as long as they make the device thinner than previous version it will be ok and is something they can use as one of their bullet points on a presentation. What they do not realize, or realize and just don't care is that people would rather the device be a little thicker with much better battery life. Look at some of the top complaints for the iPhone and you'll see battery life. People aren't complaining about the device being too thick.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It really depends on how thin is this particular device though, if it's really wafer thin category I will be fearful to get the bigger screen version for the risk of snapping it in half.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It really depends on how thin is this particular device though, if it's really wafer thin category I will be fearful to get the bigger screen version for the risk of snapping it in half.

I have the 5th gen iPod touch, it's 6.1 mm thin and weights 88g trust me you don't want a phone that thin.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Here's a comparison video of the 5th gen iPod touch with the alleged iPhone 6 case that is based on rumours:
http://youtu.be/A1ZqxBmg4-A

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If they make the iPhone any thinner they will have to design a new type of headphone jack... Plus the sound quality from the speakers would be horrible.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree with all those that state apple should keep the thickness around the same and pack in the largest battery possible. Besides the small screen the bad battery life has been my only major gripe with my iPhone. Hopefully the 6 can improve both of those issues.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
If they make the iPhone any thinner they will have to design a new type of headphone jack... Plus the sound quality from the speakers would be horrible.

the headphone jack comment is a very good observation, had not really thought of it but I believe that defines the absolute minimum possible when it comes to thinness... because as much as Apple love to invent their own plugs and adapters the 3.5mm headphone jack seems hard to replace (No idea from the technical side, just saying that from a commercial perspective I think 3.5 is universally so prevalent and wide spread that to too many people a phone which doesn't agree with people's favourite earphones would be a dealbreaker).
Having said that, Apple seem to feel that simplicity, sleekness etc are linked to thinness and therefore I do believe that they'll try to continue that trend, if possible. If the phone stays robust (which the new glass should ensure?) and the battery life does not suffer.. why not?

theromz

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Interesting to see we all have the same conclusion of wanting a similar thickness but focus on battery life, and for me personally Camera. The iPhone has a great camera, but when they went from the 4S -> 5 they only made it thinner will maintain the same quality. I don't think making it thinner now is worth it, if instead you could keep it the same thickness, eek out more battery life and push the camera stack forward.

I'm currently on a Nexus 5, and I enjoy the design, it is thinner on the sides and then it curves out, overall it is thicker then the 5/5S but it feel just as thin, due to the sides. I'm all but set on getting the iPhone 6 either way, but if it offers awesome battery life that is just another big win.

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
You don't want a thinner iPhone. They are thin enough as is, any thinner and you will start seeing a lot of failures due to to much flex in the circuit boards.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
We're just a going to have to see. From what I know about Apple, aside from the "death grip" issue few years back, they won't bring out a product they know won't work. We think thin phones are going to flimsy and bendable but who knows? Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
We're just a going to have to see. From what I know about Apple, aside from the "death grip" issue few years back, they won't bring out a product they know won't work. We think thin phones are going to flimsy and bendable but who knows? Time will tell.

As of right now, I like the design and the thinness of the 6.

ces_garc94

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I say keep the same thickness that the current iphone has, but just round off the corners and sides so that it's comftorable in the hand 😏😏👍

Sent from my iPhone 5 📱

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced Apple users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don?t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced Apple users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you?re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won?t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring.

I will thank you. I'll play nice from now on. But he started it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW