iPhone 6 to have NFC?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
According to Kuo, both versions of the iPhone 6 (4.7" and 5.5") will have NFC. Do you think that this will actually happen?

I'm having a hard time believing this because Apple primarily uses i-Beacon technology now in many places, like at Apple Stores in the US and in MLB Ballparks.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to mention that there's Airdrop technology as well. I hope that they'll smooth that out in iOS 8.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I forgot to mention that there's Airdrop technology as well. I hope that they'll smooth that out in iOS 8.

I haven't experienced any problems with it.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it due to their investment in iBeacon.

I've had it on my Android phones for a while and have never used it so i am completely unbothered.

godzirrasti

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
What would be the point of nfc? I have had trouble finding merchants who take nfc payments, and even more trouble with nfc tags. If it was accepted at more merchants I think nfc would make sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
What would be the point of nfc? I have had trouble finding merchants who take nfc payments, and even more trouble with nfc tags. If it was accepted at more merchants I think nfc would make sense.

It's useful for triggering events and I guess finding merchants varies. There are plenty of merchants around me that accept payments via NFC

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't see NFC or iBeacon being the default payment method either. I think since the majority of retailers are already equipped with barcode scanners & scan guns of some type that banking apps would produce barcodes that would be scanned for payment... Then it wouldn't matter what type of phone is used or operating system. As for transferring files. Cloud based solutions have pretty much eliminated the need to physically transfer files ... thus leaving NFC & iBeacon as marketing gimmicks rather than anything needed .

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Believe you me, if Apple incorporated NFC technology in their devices you'll see a lot of merchants come out of the woodwork using it for payment systems. And it wouldn't be called NFC. Just iSomething. I don't care either way whether there is NFC on the iPhone or not.

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't matter how you want to slice it, more and more merchants in Canada are going NFC including the big Banks here. CIBC is already on Board, TD anytime now. The rest are following, Royal Bank has NFC in the cloud. Carriers are supporting it with Rogers NFC wallet lablaws Canada has it coming. This is not a fad..its coming hard this year...at least in Canada

Sent from my Z30 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't matter how you want to slice it, more and more merchants in Canada are going NFC including the big Banks here. CIBC is already on Board, TD anytime now. The rest are following, Royal Bank has NFC in the cloud. Carriers are supporting it with Rogers NFC wallet lablaws Canada has it coming. This is not a fad..its coming hard this year...at least in Canada
Who are we kidding?, Canada doesn't really count.