So if the iPhone 6 comes in a 5.5" display, do you think that Apple would make it possible to run iPad apps on it as well?

I'm a huge advocate for having one device. I don't want to tote around an iPhone and iPad. But some apps are only available on the iPad. What do you think the 5.5" iPhone would look like if it could run iPad and iPhone apps? 1024x768 or 1136x640?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    04-03-2014 02:19 AM
    I see it the other way, I like having two devices. Even though my 5s does a lot of what the iPad does, I don't want to hold a iPad to my ear to talk on the phone.
    As far as the apps, I think you might see some of them come over.
    04-03-2014 04:19 AM
    So if the iPhone 6 comes in a 5.5" display, do you think that Apple would make it possible to run iPad apps on it as well?

I'm a huge advocate for having one device. I don't want to tote around an iPhone and iPad. But some apps are only available on the iPad. What do you think the 5.5" iPhone would look like if it could run iPad and iPhone apps? 1024x768 or 1136x640?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    That is one thing I like about android. I do not have to buy 2 apps, they just work, no matter the device. I know apple won't do that, But I think there should be something done to remedy this. Maybe similar scaling? Who knows, but apple will figure something out on how to do it.
    04-03-2014 03:01 PM
    That is one thing I like about android. I do not have to buy 2 apps, they just work, no matter the device. I know apple won't do that, But I think there should be something done to remedy this. Maybe similar scaling? Who knows, but apple will figure something out on how to do it.
    Yeah, like Fantastical. You have to buy it for the iPhone, then $10 for the iPad. That's one downside to consumers, but good for developers
    04-03-2014 04:09 PM
    That's completely up to developers and has nothing to do with Apple. Virtually all iPhone apps work on the iPad, and universal apps work on both, often with unique interfaces for each device size.

If developers choose to charge extra for the tablet version of their app, that's hardly Apples fault. Nor is charging extra for a tablet version a purely Apple phenomenon. Tons of "Tablet edition" apps in play store as well.
    04-12-2014 06:42 PM
    That's completely up to developers and has nothing to do with Apple. Virtually all iPhone apps work on the iPad, and universal apps work on both, often with unique interfaces for each device size.

If developers choose to charge extra for the tablet version of their app, that's hardly Apples fault. Nor is charging extra for a tablet version a purely Apple phenomenon. Tons of "Tablet edition" apps in play store as well.
    Developers are just trying to make money from their apps. That's the reason why there are paid apps in the App Store. They deserve the money for all of their hard work. Fantastical is a great calendar app.
    04-12-2014 06:51 PM
    Developers are just trying to make money from their apps. That's the reason why there are paid apps in the App Store. They deserve the money for all of their hard work. Fantastical is a great calendar app.

I completely understand developers need to make money. I am not saying give it away for free, but I am not going to buy 2 apps regardless. If that app worked on all devices I would pay for it, once I have the app once, I do not feel the need to pay again to have it on another device, I will just not use said app on that device. I have no problem paying for apps. Maybe make the app a little bit more and have it work on all devices. I would gladly pay a bit more for an app that will work on all my IOS devices.
    04-12-2014 07:13 PM
    I completely understand developers need to make money. I am not saying give it away for free, but I am not going to buy 2 apps regardless. If that app worked on all devices I would pay for it, once I have the app once, I do not feel the need to pay again to have it on another device, I will just not use said app on that device. I have no problem paying for apps. Maybe make the app a little bit more and have it work on all devices. I would gladly pay a bit more for an app that will work on all my IOS devices.
    Once again, the iphone version of the apps DO work on all devices, just like buying a phone version of an app on Android. If you buy one of the tablet only apps from Gplay, it won't work on your phone, just like iOS.
    04-12-2014 07:24 PM