Do You Favor Metal Or Glass On The Back Of The New iPhone?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you were able to tell Apple designers what you wanted on the back of the new iPhone would it be back to glass or do you like the look of the metal?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I loved the glass but realise that it is nowhere near as tough as the current metal.

I dislike the unibody approach of the 5C so hope they don't go down that route as it just feels like a step backwards, in my opinion.

I'd love it if they used Sapphire glass and made the front and back glass again but this would bump up the cost massively, so I understand why they wouldn't.

All things considered, I hope they stick to the metal shape of the current 5S.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I like the glass on the 4/4s and I also like the 5/5s design. If I had a choice, I think I would with the glass....It just looks KOOL

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Glass, I've had the 4S and 5S and I find the glass feels more solid than the metal. Plus here in Canada the metal feels a lot colder in the winter than the glass did.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I liked the feel of the 4/4s and I like the 5/5s but if I had to pick I would go aluminum. I just like the feel a little more than glass.

Sent using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all so far for your input, Some very interesting comments that I hope keep coming in. I actually like my 5S but then again it is in a case so the metal or glass which I had both does not bother me.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
metal back for sure... just too much risk with a glass back... and really I don't see the advantage other than being a finger print magnet

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the metal back. I've had an iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 5s. I've also played around with my boyfriends 4s. The glass definitely looks nice but the aluminum looks much better not to mention how cool the phone feels when you pick it up in the morning. I also thing the metal is much more durable, and less scratch prone then the glass models.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Going back to glass would be welcomed. IMO the glass looked and felt more premium. Fingerprints and fragility aside, I am definitely for a return to the glass back.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd prefer toughened glass over the current aluminium. However, if the aluminium was going to be the same grade/weight/strength as that used on the MacBooks (and I don't believe it currently is), I'd be fine with that.

Sent from my MF080LL/A 🔘

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter to me, really, but I do like the feel of the glass better even though I prefer the look of the metal.

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I actually like both. The metal scratches really easily but that's good because it allows me to sell more back shield protection at my store. The glass looks really nice. Either one I would be happy with.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Metal. Less shatter risk and its lighter!

I understand wanting less of a shatter risk but I don't think we need to move towards a lighter phone (yes, I know, that's not what you said or implied). I actually like the weight of the 5c more than the weight of my 5s'. However, with a case on it the 5s feels just fine to me.

Sent from my MF003LL/A 🔘

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
A combination of the two is my favorite, like on the 5/5S. The look that is achieved by using both in conjunction with one another is greater than either one could accomplish alone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner