Will You Physically Go To Buy The New iPhone Or Order It Online?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When the new iPhone comes out are you the type that can't wait and will stand in line no matter what at the Apple Store, Carrier or Big Box Store or order from the comfort of your home online?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
For my 5 I lined up two hours before the shop opened and came out with exactly what I wanted (white/silver 32Gb). I was the sixth person. I tried to get an unlocked gold 5s for three weeks after they launched from a US store and just couldn't.

This time I will buy unlocked online from the Apple Store as i'm going to be in the USA by then.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll wait a few weeks and then get it at the Apple Store.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
Yep, I'll wait a week or so and either walk in to a nearby Verizon Wireless or HHGregg Store and buy it or travel 30 minutes to the nearest Apple Store. If there's still a line of people waiting at that time, I'll call everyday until I find one available and then ask them to hold it for me while I get dressed, and then go get it....:).....Waiting in line for the sake of being there is not my thing.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I might try my hand at going in to buy but I don't normally get involved in the the long lines and madness for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Since I just bought my 5S on a new 2 year contract I won't be buying the new one but I would have done what I always do...Drive an hour to my local Apple store and but it there like I did this one. In November of this year they are building a new Ultra Big Mall that will open and Apple now has it's place there 15 mins away from me. I will be spending my fair time there I am sure. :)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If I'm getting one on a contract then I rather go to my carrier and get one about a month or two after release. If I'm getting an unlocked one I would wait in line at an apple store.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I won't wait in line. I'll wait a few days or so, then I'll go to my local Verizon store or the Apple store about 45 minutes away and pick it up.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'll likely wait a month or two. Then go into an Apple store and get an unlocked variant. I never buy any phone on release day. I like to watch the early adopters to see if there are any defects/manufacturing problems. Then once they've got those bugs ironed out, I get myself one.

○?●?Sent from the humongous one using Tapatalk.?●?○

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
5s release is the first release that wasn't available for preorder, which sucked. I was out looking for it even though I ordered on time that morning. I need another tactic since they failed me last time. 3GS & 4 I went to the store and sat for hours waiting. It wasn't the first day of course.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll likely wait a month or two. Then go into an Apple store and get an unlocked variant. I never buy any phone on release day. I like to watch the early adopters to see if there are any defects/manufacturing problems. Then once they've got those bugs ironed out, I get myself one.

○?●•Sent from the humongous one using Tapatalk.•●?○
Sounds like what I do except I go to the Apple store but I want to hear about the early issues with the phone first and hear everyone complain...lol

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I just wait a few months if I'm up for an upgrade if I'm not I find someone who is selling the previous version and buy it if I can.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'll wait myself it's not a big deal and most of the time you don't end up with what you want if you stand in line

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
When the new iPhone comes out are you the type that can't wait and will stand in line no matter what at the Apple Store, Carrier or Big Box Store or order from the comfort of your home online?

I used to be the type that went to my nearest Apple store and would wait for the device I reserved online. I had two bad experiences involving people in line and I haven't waited in line since the 4S.

I will be willing to wait in line at an Apple store again if the iPhone finally gets a larger screen. If the next iPhone gets at least a 5" screen I will gladly wait in line. I want one that badly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit