LED Light On iPhone 6?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Havent we had this discussion with every prior release? I doubt any thoughts are going to change.... mine haven't. And won't.

No LED notification needed for me. Since ditching my Blackberry, I've learned to like not having one.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Havent we had this discussion with every prior release? I doubt any thoughts are going to change.... mine haven't. And won't.

No LED notification needed for me. Since ditching my Blackberry, I've learned to like not having one.
Yes we have had this discussion many times but I am simply doing what was asked of me so that is why this question has popped up again. Sorry!

The_colombian

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I always thought I wanted an LED again but with my galaxy S3 I realized how much I hated it. It annoyed me more than it being useful.
Pebble smartwatch is a much better solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Up until quite recently I would have said an emphatic 'yes' to this.

However, I find myself turning them off on my Note 3 and HTC One so I guess I just don't care about them as much as I thought I did.

Whilst I do like the mock-up posted up on here recently of the TouchID ring flashing for an incoming notification, i'm just not overly fussed anymore.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Up until quite recently I would have said an emphatic 'yes' to this.

However, I find myself turning them off on my Note 3 and HTC One so I guess I just don't care about them as much as I thought I did.

Whilst I do like the mock-up posted up on here recently of the TouchID ring flashing for an incoming notification, i'm just not overly fussed anymore.
Out of my own curiosity which model of iPhone do you have?

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes is love that option!

Why can't we edit posts on the mobile site!?

Anyway, as you why...I always have my phone on silent. And I don't stare at my phone. So I want to know if I have any messages by glancing at the phone. I don't like having to go get the phone and turn the screen on. It wastes time and battery. Maybe not much, but I like efficiency.

The notifications on the iPhone are one of my only complaints. Major one anyway.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Why can't we edit posts on the mobile site!?

Anyway, as you why...I always have my phone on silent. And I don't stare at my phone. So I want to know if I have any messages by glancing at the phone. I don't like having to go get the phone and turn the screen on. It wastes time and battery. Maybe not much, but I like efficiency.

The notifications on the iPhone are one of my only complaints. Major one anyway.
You can EDIT posts on this forum... Your own posts and only your own..... Just hit the EDIT POST button bottom left side of your post.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
This one feature would be a major plus for me.

If you leave you phone down and step away and can't hear the rngt or message tone, the only way to know it there was one is to fire up the iPhone.
Yes I miss theta flashing red light from my BB days but that's all I miss from my BB days. :)
Good Luck

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I would prefer an option to set an audible reminder for a missed call, text, or IM. One of my biggest problems with the iPhone is not knowing when I missed a call or text unless I pick the phone up and look at it. I used to love the LED on my BlackBerry, but now after not having the LED on my iPhone or Moto X, I don't miss it. I'm currently running a Moto X and the active notifications are great on it. I also have an app to set an audible reminder so I know when I have missed something even when the phone is in my holster. I always use a belt holster and my phone is usually in it even when I am not wearing it.

The lack of the missed call reminder is one of main reasons I switched to the Moto X. I miss the smoothness of the iPhone and like iOS better, but the Moto X works better for me.

I like the concept of the TouchID ring flashing as a missed call, text reminder, but a user configurable audible reminder would be best for me.

SkyLinks

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I would prefer an option to set an audible reminder for a missed call, text, or IM. One of my biggest problems with the iPhone is not knowing when I missed a call or text unless I pick the phone up and look at it. I used to love the LED on my BlackBerry, but now after not having the LED on my iPhone or Moto X, I don't miss it. I'm currently running a Moto X and the active notifications are great on it. I also have an app to set an audible reminder so I know when I have missed something even when the phone is in my holster. I always use a belt holster and my phone is usually in it even when I am not wearing it.

The lack of the missed call reminder is one of main reasons I switched to the Moto X. I miss the smoothness of the iPhone and like iOS better, but the Moto X works better for me.

I like the concept of the TouchID ring flashing as a missed call, text reminder, but a user configurable audible reminder would be best for me.

If you look inside settings> notification centre> messages

There is an option to set the text message reminders to repeat up to 10 times or less. This will continually remind you every 2 minutes. You can also set the notification sound you would like.

Then if you look in settings>general>accessibility there is an option called "LED Flash for Alerts" this is turned off by default, however once you turn this on every time you receive a message or call or the like it will flash the camera LED very brightly so you can see the notification if you can't feel it. If you have turned on the repeating of message notifications this will continually remind you.

Unfortunately there is no option to remind you about missed calls as far as I know.