iPhone 6 display support

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Almost everyone is expecting the next flagship iPhone to have a larger display, and many are looking forward to it. Having said that, more than likely, 3rd-party app support for the larger display may be non-existent at the time the device is launched. Will you blame Apple if your apps display in a letterbox or will you be grateful for the larger display and know that support for it is forthcoming? Come on, speak up, and don't lie....(laughing)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I will be more than happy with the larger screen iPhone just so I can get rid of the Note 3 I have... :)

I know that some apps will be quickly fixed for the larger screen, some will take longer and some won't be fixed at all.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I don't want a larger screen. I think a lot of developers will be doing some catching up to get their apps fixed for a larger screen, if that is what Apple decides to do.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree with prince I don't want a larger screen but the worst Senerio is having Devs just stretch out there apps instead of fixing them properly that will be a quality issue that will upset people

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree with prince I don't want a larger screen but the worst Senerio is having Devs just stretch out there apps instead of fixing them properly that will be a quality issue that will upset people

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

True, i've seen it with stretched iPhone apps on my iPad and they look horrible.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I blame the developers. If their app isn't updated I won't use it. After the retina display had been out for a full year I stopped using apps that were not updated for it. It still took forever for many to update. I saw the iOS 6 keyboard the other day in an app and nearly flipped.

Developers are lazy.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I place no blame regardless. I dealt with the letter boxing once and will gladly do so again if it means having more screen real estate. Hoping and praying.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Have no interest in a larger screen. But if I was I'd want the app to fill the screen. But wouldnt blame Apple for it.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would rather have the screen size I have now and if anything if it does go up, Only to the point where there is immediate app support like now and YES make the apps much better on the developer side.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods