There's a Article here on iMore
    Tim Cook talks bigger iPhones, new product categories in new interview | iMore

Tim Cook says they won't say no to a bigger screen but won't rush it out.

How would you feel if the next iPhone did not have a bigger screen and just a faster processor and new design.
    02-07-2014 04:51 PM
    Fine by me if it keeps the same external with new internals.
    kataran and iphone4fun like this.
    02-07-2014 04:58 PM
    I would be really pissed! Small screen is the only thing I dislike about the iPhone.

In fact, I know a lot of hardcore android users that wouldn't typically touch an iPhone who would buy one if the screen was a normal size. That'll be more money for them.

I don't know why people are so comfortable with the screen size! I get that it is easy to hold in one hand and what have you but that's getting old, I don't care about that. I like to experience the greatness of my phone and well... I can't! I have to grab my iPad for something else in sight to watch videos and to play games. Thats something I should love on my phone.

Now that he says this I'm yet again disappointed about the next release. I'm tired of the disappointment.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    ladyc0524, Caleb Pelton and fb2 like this.
    02-07-2014 05:25 PM
    Although I welcome a slightly larger display, It wouldn't bother me at all if the next iPhone came with the same display size as the current flagship iPhone.
    kataran and Coachbulldog like this.
    02-07-2014 05:35 PM
    I'd feel just fine. I'm perfectly happy with the current size to be honest.
    kataran likes this.
    02-07-2014 05:45 PM
    I would be just fine with that. If Apple does decide however to make the next iPhone with a larger screen, they better incorporate the jailbreak tweak FullForce into the system. It took developers long enough to update their apps to fit the 4" screen. Some apps are still not updated to fit the screen and it ticks me off.

This post was made by Tiffany
    02-07-2014 06:40 PM
    I appreciate the fact that they don't want to rush a larger screen. They want to do it right and by that I mean Apple right.
    kataran likes this.
    02-07-2014 06:49 PM
    I think they should do a bigger screen. At least wider. They can do a lot without increasing the footprint of the phone that much. I love my iPhone 5, and I am not leaving the iOS ecosystem, but I want a slightly bigger screen next time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Jan Karnis likes this.
    02-07-2014 07:00 PM
    I'd like for them to do it take the time do it "Apple right" as was previously stated.
    02-07-2014 07:12 PM
    I would be really pissed! Small screen is the only thing I dislike about the iPhone.

In fact, I know a lot of hardcore android users that wouldn't typically touch an iPhone who would buy one if the screen was a normal size. That'll be more money for them.

I don't know why people are so comfortable with the screen size! I get that it is easy to hold in one hand and what have you but that's getting old, I don't care about that. I like to experience the greatness of my phone and well... I can't! I have to grab my iPad for something else in sight to watch videos and to play games. Thats something I should love on my phone.

Now that he says this I'm yet again disappointed about the next release. I'm tired of the disappointment.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be let down but I have an rMini and an Air so it wouldn't affect me much. If a big screen phone was important to me I'd have an android. I've learned that I'm just fine with the 4" display. ...it's quite convenient for one-handed use.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    02-07-2014 07:18 PM
    I'll be extreeeemely disappointed if there's not an option for a larger screen. Enough to jump ship? Probably not, but seeing as how I'll have that phone for two years I'm getting closer.
    02-07-2014 08:21 PM
    As a happy user of the iPad, I would be ecstatic if Apple created an iPhone the size of the iPod Nano. I am wishing for a wearable Apple future.
    02-07-2014 08:29 PM
    As a happy user of the iPad, I would be ecstatic if Apple created an iPhone the size of the iPod Nano. I am wishing for a wearable Apple future.
    iPhone Nano...very interesting indeed...to replace the 4s. Hmmm...

02-07-2014 08:34 PM
    In terms of having an Apple iPhone in my pocket, I would be fine with having the same screen. But you will see me whip out a MacBook for serious work at the end of the day.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    02-07-2014 09:55 PM
    I would feel absolutely fine...I love the size of the iPhone screen right now.

I think it's funny that people now call the larger screen phone's the "normal size"...
    mumfoau and yzjustdatguy like this.
    02-07-2014 10:56 PM
    Please go bigger, Apple. I doubt folks will complain.
    02-07-2014 11:18 PM
    Please go bigger, Apple. I doubt folks will complain.
    I won't buy a larger iPhone. This one takes up plenty of room in my pocket today.
    02-07-2014 11:28 PM
    I would be fine with it. I like the size of the current flagship device.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    mumfoau likes this.
    02-07-2014 11:59 PM
    I'd be fine with it
    02-08-2014 12:59 AM
    I would feel absolutely fine...I love the size of the iPhone screen right now.

I think it's funny that people now call the larger screen phone's the "normal size"...
    Yeah, only the 5"+ hav'n folks seem to think 5"+ is normal. A 4.8" iPhone would indeed be nice.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32
    02-08-2014 05:45 AM
    I would be a little disappointed, but life would continue with my Gold 5s and I would probably purchase the "new" iPhone anyway...SMILE
    02-08-2014 08:03 AM
    Yeah, only the 5"+ hav'n folks seem to think 5"+ is normal. A 4.8" iPhone would indeed be nice.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32
    At this point, making two different sizes is the only way Apple will please just about everyone. If the next device is only offered in a size bigger than 4.5, it's likely that I won't upgrade. That or I'll get a 5s...
    02-08-2014 08:06 AM
    Angry.
    02-08-2014 08:17 AM
    Angry.
    I fear they may have too much power over you if this is so.

02-08-2014 08:21 AM
    At this point, making two different sizes is the only way Apple will please just about everyone. If the next device is only offered in a size bigger than 4.5, it's likely that I won't upgrade. That or I'll get a 5s...
    I like the idea of 3 sizes:

iPhone Nano : 3-3.5" (>= 326 ppi)
    iPhone 6/c : 4" (>= 326 ppi
    iPhone Pro : 4.8-5" (>= 326 ppi)

I bothered to list ppi because I don't want a 5" iPhone Pro with a <= 264 ppi screen.

It's entertaining to speculate.

Last edited by iRiidium; 02-08-2014 at 08:39 AM.
    02-08-2014 08:27 AM
144 123 ...