If the next iPhone did not have a bigger screen. How would you feel?

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I would stick with my iPhone 5. If apple do release a larger display to 4.8 or 5" I will upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Though I've got the privilege of having two devices, one of which has a huge screen...

I think that makes a huge difference. There are some that want an all-in-one device. If this is what you are seeking, I can understand being desperate for the next iPhone to have a larger screen because it will definitely help with multimedia consumption. But for those of us who like to use multiple devices, it isn't a big deal and even convenient to have the iPhone be the size it currently is. I like having multiple devices because they all have their uses. I have an iPad Air that I use with a bluetooth keyboard, so it is my laptop replacement. When I want to be productive, I go with the Air. I have an iPad Mini Retina that I use for multimedia (games, movies, books, etc.). Then I use my iPhone 5S for calls, texts, emails, social networking, taking pictures and videos, and listening to music. Now I know that everyone doesn't have the luxury of having multiple devices, but if you have multiple devices, I don't believe that the screen size of the iPhone is that important.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I think that makes a huge difference. There are some that want an all-in-one device. If this is what you are seeking, I can understand being desperate for the next iPhone to have a larger screen because it will definitely help with multimedia consumption. But for those of us who like to use multiple devices, it isn't a big deal and even convenient to have the iPhone be the size it currently is. I like having multiple devices because they all have their uses. I have an iPad Air that I use with a bluetooth keyboard, so it is my laptop replacement. When I want to be productive, I go with the Air. I have an iPad Mini Retina that I use for multimedia (games, movies, books, etc.). Then I use my iPhone 5S for calls, texts, emails, social networking, taking pictures and videos, and listening to music. Now I know that everyone doesn't have the luxury of having multiple devices, but if you have multiple devices, I don't believe that the screen size of the iPhone is that important.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

This.

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64

Caleb Pelton

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I read the whole thread and I know I am in the minority in this. That said, if the next iPhone doesn't have a larger screen at 1080p I am out. I'll have an iPad as long as it suits my needs (publications for work), but I won't buy another iPhone.

Posted via the Android iMore App!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I would (very) reluctantly keep my Note 3 for work but would replace my personal iPhone 5 with a new iPhone 6.

Ideally, I want to replace both with two iPhone 6, a Gold one and a slate one.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I believe there will be a larger screen. Cook's comments were to throw us off. They love the big surprise introduction on stage.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I would feel like Apple is not listening to what consumers want. I would like to see 2 screen sizes...stick with 4 but also offer a bigger size.

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I like the idea of 3 sizes:

iPhone Nano : 3-3.5" (>= 326 ppi)
iPhone 6/c : 4" (>= 326 ppi
iPhone Pro : 4.8-5" (>= 326 ppi)

I bothered to list ppi because I don't want a 5" iPhone Pro with a <= 264 ppi screen.

It's entertaining to speculate.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

They wouldn't call an iPhone Nano

Posted via the Android iMore App!

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
People kill me with this bigger screen on the iPhone debate. You don't know what size screen you need or want. You didn't even know you needed a touch screen iPhone until it was brought to the market. The iPhone screen size was ideal with it was an iPhone 4 and they kept is at a great size although increasing its real estate. I can still navigate my entire screen with one handed use. People who "need" bigger screens should definitely look to Android. If Apple doesn't increase the screen size I for one won't be phased in the least.

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I would be disappointed. But probably get it anyway. Especially since there is no other OS that interests me. I would love a 5" iPhone though.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I like the size of the iPhone but I wouldn't mind if the next iPhone they decide to make the screen a little bit bigger just not to big that it feels like a tablet

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen