If the next iPhone did not have a bigger screen. How would you feel?

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
A nice 4.7 iPhone would be a perfect size device and I believe it would see like hotcakes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using iMore Forums mobile app

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I could deal with it if it didn't come out this time around. But I would prefer it. But I would need a Mophie to fit.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I want a bigger screen AND no more physical home button. Tap to wake would be nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Agree. Add more gestures that also make the larger size more one hand friendly (for those worried about that) and get rid of the failure probed home button. Integrate fingerprint scanner another way. Maybe into the screen?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Also bump up the battery. Make a phone that easily lasts a day plus with super heavy usage. Its annoying having to charge my iPhone multiple times a day when actually using the phone. The paper thin is nothing when you constantly have to charge.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I could deal with it if it didn't come out this time around. But I would prefer it. But I would need a Mophie to fit.

Does anyone know if a Mophie on a Samsung S4 super huge? Just curious how it may be on a similar size iPhone.

weberm13

Aug 19, 2009
t3kd.com
I have mixed feelings about this. I want a bigger screen, but I'm also pretty okay with the size it's at now. The only reason i want a bigger screen is to make it easier to type. I've had Android phones before (GSIII) and loved how great it is to type on a large screen. I think Apple could bypass the need for a larger screen by making the keyboard better on the iPhone. Or even better, allowing 3rd party devs to create keyboard replacements. Swype or SwiftKey Flow on the iPhone would be heaven.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I have mixed feelings about this. I want a bigger screen, but I'm also pretty okay with the size it's at now. The only reason i want a bigger screen is to make it easier to type. I've had Android phones before (GSIII) and loved how great it is to type on a large screen. I think Apple could bypass the need for a larger screen by making the keyboard better on the iPhone. Or even better, allowing 3rd party devs to create keyboard replacements. Swype or SwiftKey Flow on the iPhone would be heaven.

What about typing in landscape mode?

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
A nice 4.7 iPhone would be a perfect size device and I believe it would see like hotcakes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using iMore Forums mobile app

I concur. I just don't care for a phablet like the Galaxy Note. I'm ok with the size it is now, but I think the 4.7-4.8" is the perfect size, but keep it as minimalistic in overall size as possible.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Who likes to do that all the time? It lowers the amount of the screen that's visible for the rest of the app.

Very true indeed. I was just saying since that's our only option right now. Don't worry folks we'll get our mini iPad Minis.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

kingofkats

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
it really depends upon what HTC, Samsung and Nokia come up with in 2014, but I would be MAJOR disappointed if the next iPhone is not at least 4.5", and I'd prefer 5". I have an HTC Onefor my house phone and love it. I prefer the iOS ecosystem but won't buy another 4" iPhone. Period.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
A little bigger iphone is definitely needed. The problem is that because there is a home button that now is a fingerprint id, I fear a really long phone, which I don't like. If there was no home button or an on screen home button and a 4.7in screen size like the Moto X with tiny bezels, I wouldn't complain at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Personally, am content with the present 4" screen size of the iPhone. And also talking to maintsteam iphone users like my wife, mom, sibs and friends ie. non tech junkies, they also are content. I don't want a phablet or anything like androis screen sizes.

JeevesVic

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Keep it the same or slightly bigger. Say maybe 5inch. It's a phone. That's what tablets are for.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

CylonJason

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree that the size is not a big issue for me. If I want a bitter experience I'll just use my iPad. I wouldn't mind a bigger screen thought, as long as they could keep the one handed usability, because that's the main reason I like the screen size.

varoshah

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
No bigger screen

No more iPhone purchases

Period

I bought the iPhone, ipad mini and Apple TV ...saving up for a Mac

But if they don't out a bigger screen on the iPhone 6, I'm leaving apple (well, the iPhone section only)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if a Mophie on a Samsung S4 super huge? Just curious how it may be on a similar size iPhone.

On any device a mophie is huge but with a S4 it's far more noticeable than on a 5S.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods