I would be slightly disappointed. I left my iPhone 5(again) for the nokia lumia 1520 for the size. I mean I'd rather 5" instead of 6 but I'm use to it now. I think they should have two choices. A bigger iPhone 4.2-5 inch for people who want a bigger screen and a new 4 inch with new internals for people who like the 4 inch form factor.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums app
    That's a valid opinion, and I think there's a market for bigger screens out there. Some people view iPads as more like media consumption devices and I do agree with that sentiment, which is why I still like my Macbook Pro for serious work.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    02-10-2014 12:18 AM
    it not might possible that apple don't make large phones its now time for apple to make revolution with big screen iphone a really smart superb phone in mobile world.
    02-10-2014 01:02 AM
    I'd be disappointed. I have an iPhone 4 and have been holding out buying a new one in hopes they increase the screen size. I'm not looking for huge, maybe no larger than 4.7.
    Even with me being jealous over the Andriod screen sizes, I wouldn't jump ship. I love my iPhone/Apple/iOS too much for that! Just increase the size! Just a little!!
    02-10-2014 07:26 PM
    It would be a no buy for me. I would feel no need to upgrade if there isn't a larger screen. It is at the point now where there is no reason for it not to. If they are so concerned about the size make a 4" model and a larger model. You can only put it off for so long apple. The signs are there, look at the phablets and larger devices how they are selling. Do they really want to continue to alienate themselves from that portion of the market?
    02-10-2014 07:29 PM
    If the next Iphone doesn't have a larger screen, I'm going to hunt the creator of Flappy Bird down, and do a murder-suicide thing.
    02-10-2014 07:33 PM
    It would be a no buy for me. I would feel no need to upgrade if there isn't a larger screen. It is at the point now where there is no reason for it not to. If they are so concerned about the size make a 4" model and a larger model. You can only put it off for so long apple. The signs are there, look at the phablets and larger devices how they are selling. Do they really want to continue to alienate themselves from that portion of the market?
    I think Apple has been open to the larger size but trying to get it "just right" so we get good image quality and not overblown UI elements and such. I do know that if the next iPhone doesn't have a bigger screen there will be a lot of disappointed iMore-ians out there.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    02-10-2014 07:35 PM
    I want a bigger screen AND no more physical home button. Tap to wake would be nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Premium1 likes this.
    02-10-2014 07:47 PM
    I want a bigger screen AND no more physical home button. Tap to wake would be nice too.

You want android? How do you envision returning to the home screen? Tap the little house icon or something like that? I like Touch ID and the home button, what's so bad about tactile feedback?

02-10-2014 07:50 PM
    I really don't want a bigger screen. I like it the way it is. I have small hands and think the size of the androids are ridiculous. Also needs to be comfortable in my pocket
    02-10-2014 08:10 PM

The home button just got a new feature. I want it to remain.
    02-10-2014 08:15 PM
    I really don't want a bigger screen. I like it the way it is. I have small hands and think the size of the androids are ridiculous. Also needs to be comfortable in my pocket
    The truth is that the only way they can please everyone, or at least most, is to offer the iPhone in multiple sizes. I wish Apple would but the ghost of Steve Jobs may have threatened to do things...horrible things...if they try it.

02-10-2014 08:17 PM
    A nice 4.7 iPhone would be a perfect size device and I believe it would see like hotcakes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-10-2014 08:37 PM
    I could deal with it if it didn't come out this time around. But I would prefer it. But I would need a Mophie to fit.
    02-10-2014 08:42 PM

Agree. Add more gestures that also make the larger size more one hand friendly (for those worried about that) and get rid of the failure probed home button. Integrate fingerprint scanner another way. Maybe into the screen?
    02-10-2014 08:51 PM
    Also bump up the battery. Make a phone that easily lasts a day plus with super heavy usage. Its annoying having to charge my iPhone multiple times a day when actually using the phone. The paper thin is nothing when you constantly have to charge.
    phlamethrowre likes this.
    02-10-2014 08:53 PM
    I could deal with it if it didn't come out this time around. But I would prefer it. But I would need a Mophie to fit.
    Does anyone know if a Mophie on a Samsung S4 super huge? Just curious how it may be on a similar size iPhone.
    02-10-2014 08:57 PM
    Hard to tell. I actually just saw one in best buy but it was tough to tell in the package.
    02-10-2014 08:59 PM
    I have mixed feelings about this. I want a bigger screen, but I'm also pretty okay with the size it's at now. The only reason i want a bigger screen is to make it easier to type. I've had Android phones before (GSIII) and loved how great it is to type on a large screen. I think Apple could bypass the need for a larger screen by making the keyboard better on the iPhone. Or even better, allowing 3rd party devs to create keyboard replacements. Swype or SwiftKey Flow on the iPhone would be heaven.
    02-10-2014 09:03 PM
    I have mixed feelings about this. I want a bigger screen, but I'm also pretty okay with the size it's at now. The only reason i want a bigger screen is to make it easier to type. I've had Android phones before (GSIII) and loved how great it is to type on a large screen. I think Apple could bypass the need for a larger screen by making the keyboard better on the iPhone. Or even better, allowing 3rd party devs to create keyboard replacements. Swype or SwiftKey Flow on the iPhone would be heaven.
    What about typing in landscape mode?

02-10-2014 09:04 PM
    What about typing in landscape mode?

Who likes to do that all the time? It lowers the amount of the screen that's visible for the rest of the app.
    02-10-2014 09:10 PM
    A nice 4.7 iPhone would be a perfect size device and I believe it would see like hotcakes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using iMore Forums mobile app
    I concur. I just don't care for a phablet like the Galaxy Note. I'm ok with the size it is now, but I think the 4.7-4.8" is the perfect size, but keep it as minimalistic in overall size as possible.
    02-10-2014 09:16 PM
    Who likes to do that all the time? It lowers the amount of the screen that's visible for the rest of the app.
    Very true indeed. I was just saying since that's our only option right now. Don't worry folks we'll get our mini iPad Minis.

02-10-2014 09:33 PM
    Congratulations to Ambassador Emcee Geek & member H A W K for being mentioned in the iMore Blog regarding the topic of this thread. Well done...

http://www.imore.com/how-would-you-f...-bigger-screen
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 02-10-2014 at 10:07 PM.
    02-10-2014 09:56 PM
    it really depends upon what HTC, Samsung and Nokia come up with in 2014, but I would be MAJOR disappointed if the next iPhone is not at least 4.5", and I'd prefer 5". I have an HTC Onefor my house phone and love it. I prefer the iOS ecosystem but won't buy another 4" iPhone. Period.
    02-10-2014 11:12 PM
    A little bigger iphone is definitely needed. The problem is that because there is a home button that now is a fingerprint id, I fear a really long phone, which I don't like. If there was no home button or an on screen home button and a 4.7in screen size like the Moto X with tiny bezels, I wouldn't complain at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speedygi likes this.
    02-10-2014 11:25 PM
144 12345 ...