4.8" screen for the next iPhone?? *rumor*

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait to see a bigger screen on the iPhone. I can barely see anything on my screen. It sucks to have such a powerful phone but can't give it the full usage as on my other phones.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

I usually agree with you but I feel the current screen size is perfect

I do agree it's a powerful phone

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

All HaIIows Eve

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps they could ditch the home button and have edge to edge screen? That would make the most sense, since you wouldn't have to alter the size of the device too much after that to increase the size. Unlikely though, unless the fingerprint scanner was a one time deal with the 5S. If they could incorporate that into the screen itself, that would be cool.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't know. I've used multiple Android phones...all the way up to the Note 3. The larger size is nice but with the iPad mini and Air I'm just fine with the phone's screen size. However, we'll have to see how the iPhone 6 is. A 5" screen OPTION wouldn't be a bad thing to me.

Sent from a black rum 64GB 5s

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling Apple will prove everyone wrong who speculates about the C line being discontinued. I know this is far from an empirical study but I personally witness the number of 5Cs carried around in the (Melbourne) streets increasing day by day and can't help but think it's exactly doing the job Apple wanted it to do. Apple isn't known for fickle decision making and I'm confident they have pretty much exactly expected the numbers they achieved. They usually don't miscalculate that stuff and I can't imagine them starting the C line and pulling it off the market a year later due to insufficient demand. It's just not Apple. As for the larger screen size... seems inevitable, but I for one would love to stick with the size of the 5. If I feel the need for a bigger screen I grab my iPad. Or Mac. I hope they retain 4" as one of the options.

jakie55

Trusted Member
Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
One of the things holding my wife back from purchasing an iphone is the "small" screen size. She has the note, which I think is a bit large, but I personally enjoy the 4.2 inch Z10 and the 4.7 inch nexus 4. My aging eyes see the larger screen better.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I just use landscape mode and that does the trick for when I want more room on my iPhones.

Sent from my iRidium 128GB iPad Air LTE

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I am undecided on this myself. I really enjoy the one handed use I get from the iPhone in its current size, but I also think having a bigger screen would be nice now that I have a toddler that loves to look at YouTube videos. I would have to go in and test drive the phone before I were to upgrade.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a feeling Apple will prove everyone wrong who speculates about the C line being discontinued. I know this is far from an empirical study but I personally witness the number of 5Cs carried around in the (Melbourne) streets increasing day by day and can't help but think it's exactly doing the job Apple wanted it to do. Apple isn't known for fickle decision making and I'm confident they have pretty much exactly expected the numbers they achieved. They usually don't miscalculate that stuff and I can't imagine them starting the C line and pulling it off the market a year later due to insufficient demand. It's just not Apple. As for the larger screen size... seems inevitable, but I for one would love to stick with the size of the 5. If I feel the need for a bigger screen I grab my iPad. Or Mac. I hope they retain 4" as one of the options.

I'd be happy to move to the 6c if it had 5s internals. I'd also be more inclined if they offered a 64gb version this time around. I got the 16gb 5c but it was my first iDevice. Now that I know what I can do with it, I'll need a little more space. Heh.

I'd also be perfectly content if they stayed at 4'. One handed use is optimal on my 5c. ^^

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd be happy to move to the 6c if it had 5s internals. I'd also be more inclined if they offered a 64gb version this time around. I got the 16gb 5c but it was my first iDevice. Now that I know what I can do with it, I'll need a little more space. Heh.

I'd also be perfectly content if they stayed at 4'. One handed use is optimal on my 5c. ^^

I wish all manufacturers would make 32gb the minimum, but apple wouldn't sell the 32gb at $199 because they like jacking the price up on storage. Hopefully one day 32gb is the minimum for all devices.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I wish all manufacturers would make 32gb the minimum, but apple wouldn't sell the 32gb at $199 because they like jacking the price up on storage. Hopefully one day 32gb is the minimum for all devices.

That one day needs to be now. Once you load up your apps, music and other media, you're going to run out of space rather quickly.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
That one day needs to be now. Once you load up your apps, music and other media, you're going to run out of space rather quickly.

Agree and for what these huge companies are paying for the extra storage is nothing and could easily still make a killing pricing it at the current models. I mean why can HTC/samsung make 32gb devices and still charge the same as 16gb models were ($199 on contract) Come on apple, this would be a big step in the right direction for the media consuming devices you love to sell.

munichblue

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not quite sure if there is really a huge demand for bigger iPhone screens as all analyst try to convince us. I would bet some money that more iPhone user own a tablet (iPad of course) than Android user. If you own both devices you don't need a bigger screen and therefore a bigger case for your smartphone.

Just my opinion.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm not quite sure if there is really a huge demand for bigger iPhone screens as all analyst try to convince us. I would bet some money that more iPhone user own a tablet (iPad of course) than Android user. If you own both devices you don't need a bigger screen and therefore a bigger case for your smartphone.

Just my opinion.

^This.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Just my opinion.

I totally disagree. You do of course realise that there is a huge size difference between an iPad and even a larger screened iPhone, right? Where an iPhone, even one at 5.5", would still fit in a pocket, an iPad like my iPad 2 simply would not. It's not an unnatural leap of logic to think that sometimes people don't want or don't have the capacity to lug an iPad around with them. Of course, I could get an iPad mini but then that is still too large to fit in a pocket and doesn't have a phone function. A larger screen iPhone is the natural step for many people like me who find the screen on their current iPhones to be a bit too small for their uses. I currently run three phones, an HTC One for work and an iPhone 5 and Galaxy Note 3 for personal use. I would happily ditch both my personal phones and replace them with one larger screened iPhone (and possibly my HTC for another larger screened iPhone in a different colour so as not to confuse them).

A lot of people I speak to love their iPhones but the one comment that seems to come out more than any other is "I wish the screen was a bit larger."

My opinion, not a statement of fact.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Just my opinion.

But many do not want 2 devices to carry around. It would be easier just using the large iPhone than even an iPad mini simply for size and portability.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I totally disagree. You do of course realise that there is a huge size difference between an iPad and even a larger screened iPhone, right? Where an iPhone, even one at 5.5", would still fit in a pocket, an iPad like my iPad 2 simply would not. It's not an unnatural leap of logic to think that sometimes people don't want or don't have the capacity to lug an iPad around with them. Of course, I could get an iPad mini but then that is still too large to fit in a pocket and doesn't have a phone function. A larger screen iPhone is the natural step for many people like me who find the screen on their current iPhones to be a bit too small for their uses. I currently run three phones, an HTC One for work and an iPhone 5 and Galaxy Note 3 for personal use. I would happily ditch both my personal phones and replace them with one larger screened iPhone (and possibly my HTC for another larger screened iPhone in a different colour so as not to confuse them).

A lot of people I speak to love their iPhones but the one comment that seems to come out more than any other is "I wish the screen was a bit larger."

My opinion, not a statement of fact.

But many do not want 2 devices to carry around. It would be easier just using the large iPhone than even an iPad mini simply for size and portability.

I actually enjoy using multiple iOS devices but I have gadget issues. I can do anything I need to on the iPhone and have come to appreciate its size. When I want larger I choose either the rMini or the Air. Now, would I MIND a 4.5" - 5" display on an iPhone? I'd be lying if I said yes. ...and I hate putting my phone in pants pocket where there is usually lint. I always clip a belt clip pouch to my front pocket and gingerly/lovingly place the phone in there. Yeahp, I have gadget issues indeed.

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64

papadonna

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
In the 2013 4th quarter alone, withhout the agreement with China Mobile in place, an estimated 55.3 million people would seemingly disagree with your sentiment.

iPhone 5S vs. 5C Comparison: Flagship Consuming Data at 'Unprecedented' Level, Study Finds (Video) : Technology : Design & Trend

They can disagree all they want to, either way Apple doesnt seem to disagree, hence the need to design two differents sizes to appease the customer.

I say a waste of time becuase if your are going to go big then just do it....dont play around with it... 4.5 may appeal to your core...but if you want a bigger screen 5 is perfect.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW