"Grass isn't always greener syndrome"...what if the iphone 6 grows....

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
There's a market for people who only want to carry one device, and while it has to be a phone, the primary use case for it isn't as a phone. When modern, mobile computing tasks become more important than telephony, screen size starts to become more important.

If you want to do a lot, but don't want a phone and a tablet, you'll probably be happy with a bigger phone.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
There's a market for people who only want to carry one device, and while it has to be a phone, the primary use case for it isn't as a phone. When modern, mobile computing tasks become more important than telephony, screen size starts to become more important.

If you want to do a lot, but don't want a phone and a tablet, you'll probably be happy with a bigger phone.

Well said, Rene. I actually use my Gs4 for doing spreadsheets and I can't imagine doing that on a less than 5 inch screen, it's torturous.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
my pipe dream would be a 4" iPhone 6, a 4.9" iPhone 6 for those who crave a bigger screen and additionally for Apple to equip the iPad mini with phone capabilities for the few that really just want ONE device for everything. That should make everyone happy, at least in theory.

spotja

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm still satisfied with my 4" screen i5. Am I the only one who believes 4.3" is the largest size attainable for single-handed use? My secondary phone is a Sony Xperia V and it's 4.3" big😎

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm still satisfied with my 4" screen i5. Am I the only one who believes 4.3" is the largest size attainable for single-handed use? My secondary phone is a Sony Xperia V and it's 4.3" big😎

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Having just used a Moto X with a 4.7" screen for a little over a month I can say that it is very possible to have a 4.7" screen that is usable with one hand. The big difference is that the Moto X doesn't have the home button. Since apple just added the figure print scan to the home button I'm guessing that isn't going away anytime soon. That will add to the size of the phone. It will be interesting to see how apple approaches the big screen. I am really excited to see what they come with.

Sent using Tapatalk

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Great post, I enjoyed reading it.

There is another side to it however. There is a portion of the market, such as myself, that have moved away from iphones because of the small screen size. Im a man, and I've never had a problem fitting my 5" phone into my pocket or using it. Its noticeable in the pocket, but thats a price I'm more than willing to pay for more screen real estate.

If Apple gives me a larger screen option... they may just get my business

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Well said! Exactly the reason I carry a Galaxy Note 3 and an iPhone 5 with me. I'd love to ditch the Note and just have a 4.7" iPhone with me. I would carry my iPad instead of the Note but sometimes portability is more important than screen size and my Note will fit into a jacket pocket whereas the iPad obviously won't.

After using a Note, i really don't want something this size again and so the 4.7" screen sounds pretty much perfect for me.

darksora14562

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I really like the size of the iphone 5s as a whole. I came from a Moto x with a 4.7 display on a small body. And I love how they kept the phone almost the same dimensions as the iphone. If Apple can make the screen bigger, I just hope they can make good use of the bezel without making the dimensions of the phone bigger.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
We aren't quite 4 months into the life of the 5S and of course the rumors are flying regarding the next iphone. For the sake of discussion we'll refer to it as the iphone 6. Knowing rumors are, rumors, I have been thinking about life with a larger iphone. We have heard everything from 4.5" to nearly 6". I have been vocal in stating my preference for a larger screen. I salivate at the thought of watching videos, looking at pictures, browsing the web, etc on a big beautiful screen while maintaining my preferred IOS operating system. The proposition of a larger screened iphone is a dream come true!! Or is it....

Lately I have been noticing how silly, to me, some of these larger devices appear when someone holds it to their ear, pulls it from their pocket, sets it on the bar/table, etc. Lately I have noticed just how pocketable my "tiny" iphone is, how nice it feels in the hand, how easy it is to use one-handed, and how obscure I can make it appear when using it in public.

The most exciting thing from a tech standpoint for me in 2014 will be seeing what the next iphone looks like. If it is indeed larger, how "much" larger will it be? Will it still be the things I mention above? What will be sacrificed to obtain that larger screen. Will Apple find a way to marry everything in a package that blows us away, the way they have so many times before? Will the 4" option in a device cease to exist?

With all of that babble above, my question to you is this. Is there anyone who will jump ship to another platform if the smallest iphone is 4.7"? We have heard from all of the folks who cannot wait for a larger iphone. But how about the prospect of defecting? WIll this be you? I will stick around regardless. My love for IOS is strong as ever. But I am starting to wonder....should I have been careful what I wished for :)

dumase4y.jpg

aqusymyb.jpg

If my iPhone looks like my N3 up against my head, then I'll just stay with my android. I will have no reason to buy a new iPhone. My 5c fits a niche I needed for work.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
That's a big phone Sept 😳

The iPhone feels good during calls your hands not all stretched out

The 5c must highlight your cute face 😊

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site