If the rumored size changes are true, what is your preference...4.7" or 5.7"?

Which size will you choose?

• 4.7"

Votes: 77 81.1%
  • 5.7"

Votes: 18 18.9%

• Total voters

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I for one hope the rumours remain just rumours. However if they have to orientate by the competition hopefully there will be one that's the current size and another one just slightly bigger, 4.7" should be the max. Needless to say I would stick with the former.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I hope the rumors are true but at the same time I would like them to keep the smaller size for the folks that like the smaller size.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I for one hope the rumours remain just rumours. However if they have to orientate by the competition hopefully there will be one that's the current size and another one just slightly bigger, 4.7" should be the max. Needless to say I would stick with the former.

They do have one for the current size, it will be the 5s

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought Steve Jobs said that 3.5 is big enough. Apparently, he was wrong since there is 4 inch iPhone and a bigger one may be coming soon. The S3 had a 4.8 inch screen so I would be able to get used to a 4.7 inch iPhone very easily considering that it was my primary device once.

He also said nobody wanted a smaller screened tablet and we all know if that's the case they wouldn't have the iPad mini

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Recently switched to iPhone 5s from a BlackBerry Z30. The 5 inch Z30 was a great size. Wasn't to big. 5.7 would be way to big though I think. The other thing to thing about is size of phone versus size of screen.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I will go for the 4.7. The Moto X is 4.7 and having held it with my iPhone 5, the difference in size was minimal. If apple finds a way to reduce bezel, increase size, ultimately not increasing the footprint significantly I am all set. Personally my iPhone with a little more width would be perfect.

5.7 - No

Tapatalking from my awesome iPhone 5 or very comfy Nexus 7...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I thought Steve Jobs said that 3.5 is big enough. Apparently, he was wrong since there is 4 inch iPhone and a bigger one may be coming soon. The S3 had a 4.8 inch screen so I would be able to get used to a 4.7 inch iPhone very easily considering that it was my primary device once.

Just because he said it and things have changed now doesn't mean he was wrong...it just means when he said it, that was his opinion, and at the time (given the success of the device and the other devices reflective of the design), he was absolutely right. I don't feel like the iPhone would have found such success if they had released a 5" screen design in that time frame.

We also can't attribute right or wrong to today's designs because Jobs is dead, so there's no way of knowing what he feels is the modern perfect size.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
This will just cement my i5s for the long haul

I just can't get use to a big phone didn't want one when that's all there was available

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

I said th same thing went from 4, to blackberry z10 as daily driver 4.2in , I have 5s as phone for personlline,and it's screen is way too small. I promise once you got to bigger screen you can't imagine how you used smaller before
I was like you.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just because he said it and things have changed now doesn't mean he was wrong...it just means when he said it, that was his opinion, and at the time (given the success of the device and the other devices reflective of the design), he was absolutely right. I don't feel like the iPhone would have found such success if they had released a 5" screen design in that time frame.

We also can't attribute right or wrong to today's designs because Jobs is dead, so there's no way of knowing what he feels is the modern perfect size.

Yep, that's pretty much exactly it. I agree that if Apple had released a larger screen earlier then they would probably have lost some of the market share they have now. People want, like and trust the smaller screen so I hope that if they release a larger screen iPhone, they also release a smaller screen phone for the folks that don't want the larger one.

Jobs' opinion was probably spot on at the time he made the comments. The world turns though and being that the man is dead, we have no way of knowing what he might think today.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yep, that's pretty much exactly it. I agree that if Apple had released a larger screen earlier then they would probably have lost some of the market share they have now. People want, like and trust the smaller screen so I hope that if they release a larger screen iPhone, they also release a smaller screen phone for the folks that don't want the larger one.

Jobs' opinion was probably spot on at the time he made the comments. The world turns though and being that the man is dead, we have no way of knowing what he might think today.

iPhone 6C? Just saying. That could be the smaller screen device.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

Actually jobs opinion was he wished they'd had a bigger screen earlier. Again, I guarantee after using a big screen you can't fathom how you used smaller.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Actually jobs opinion was he wished they'd had a bigger screen earlier. Again, I guarantee after using a big screen you can't fathom how you used smaller.

If that were true then the iPhone 4 or 4S would have been 4" or more.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 6C? Just saying. That could be the smaller screen device.

Well here's another rumor to add to the mill. Would be interesting if apple did go the samsung route and have one "regular" sized device and one "phablet" as flagships for the year Apple iPhone phablet coming as soon as this May?

Exactly what I said. The iPhone 6 will be a phablet and the 6C would be the regular version. People might get mad with the specs if the larger one has more than the smaller one.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what I said. The iPhone 6 will be a phablet and the 6C would be the regular version. People might get mad with the specs if the larger one has more than the smaller one.

I hope they don't go down the phablet route but stick to something approximating 4.5" - 4.7". Anything bigger is just too unwieldy for one-handed use and the 4.7" is pushing it for some people anyway.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

The 5s is that smaller screened device. I doubt they will release a "new" smaller device than the two rumored if they do when they can just continue selling the 5s as last years model, seeing it will still be a top of the line phone, even without being the latest and greatest.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Well that says the "phablet" would not be under the iPhone 6 name. I think if they go that route it will be called something else and the 6 will still be the smaller (4.7 if thats what they choose) device, that comes out later on.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
It would depend on what other devices I have at the time. If I still have my iPad Air, I would go for the smaller iPhone. If I don't, I would go for the larger iPhone. The bigger size wouldn't bother me at all. But the smaller size is more convenient if I have an iPad to complement it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It would depend on what other devices I have at the time. If I still have my iPad Air, I would go for the smaller iPhone. If I don't, I would go for the larger iPhone. The bigger size wouldn't bother me at all. But the smaller size is more convenient if I have an iPad to complement it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

That's true next year when I get an iPad (waiting for TouchID) then I wouldn't feel the need for the bigger screen. But even if I didn't get an iPad I wouldn't touch the 5.7" phone with a 10 foot pole.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73