View Poll Results: Which size will you choose?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4.7"

77 81.05%
  • 5.7"

18 18.95%
    From what I've seen and experienced, bigger size is one of those things you don't want until you've had it, then you don't know how you did without! I'm not into phablets, but a lot of users report this happening. Of course, this will not hold true for everyone, but in a lot of cases it does. It happened to me back in the Palm Treo days. I said I'd gladly sacrifice screen space for a physical keyboard, until I got a phone without a physical keyboard.

I rotate between iPhone, Android, and WP, and I'd have to say that the iPhone's 4" size is it's biggest drawback in my opinion. Until something bigger comes out I won't use one as my main device.
    01-07-2014 12:37 PM
    Well I switched from the s4 to the 5 months ago. 4.7 would suffice. Screen size is the only thing I miss from my galaxy. I consume majority of my media on my phone, the added screen space would be great for games. It could remain the same for the iphone 6 and i still would buy it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    01-08-2014 01:56 AM
    From what I've seen and experienced, bigger size is one of those things you don't want until you've had it, then you don't know how you did without! I'm not into phablets, but a lot of users report this happening. Of course, this will not hold true for everyone, but in a lot of cases it does. It happened to me back in the Palm Treo days. I said I'd gladly sacrifice screen space for a physical keyboard, until I got a phone without a physical keyboard.

I rotate between iPhone, Android, and WP, and I'd have to say that the iPhone's 4" size is it's biggest drawback in my opinion. Until something bigger comes out I won't use one as my main device.
    This is me in a nutshell. Whilst I love my iPhone 5, the small screen is the only drawback for me and I prefer to use either my HTC One or Galaxy Note 3. I honestly thought i'd never want a larger screen and was more than happy with my iphone until my work at the time insisted I have a secure work phone with a larger screen. From then onwards I was hooked on larger screens.

As i've said before, I would have zero compunction in swapping out my Android phones for a larger screen iPhone as long as it stays around the 4.5" to 4.7" size. If Apple can thin the bezels down a bit more, we might even be able to have that screen size in a form factor that isn't too much bigger than the current iteration. That's my fervent wish anyway.
    01-08-2014 03:21 AM
    I hope they keep the 4" size around. The Moto X is the largest phone I think I could handle and it has a 4.7" screen. For media consumption I enjoy the larger screen of my Moto X. But for every day usability and comfort the size of the iPhone 5/5s is perfect for me and the preferred size. It just fits in the hand so nicely. You can reach all of the screen comfortably and typing is very easy. I still find my thumb straining to reach parts of the screen on the Moto X and it's not much larger than the iPhone 5 as it is now.
    01-08-2014 12:44 PM
    I still think Apple should just add full blown phone innards in the iPad lineup so size won't matter anymore....
    Yea that's what they did with the iPods if I'm correct they added radios to them and called them I phones and made a fortune off those that apple brain washed.

sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro
    01-12-2014 06:15 PM
    Voted 4.7". Though I might go either way.
    I'm thinking either go with (a) a 4.7" iPhone + an iPad, or (b) forgo the iPad and just get a 5.7" iPhone.
    01-13-2014 08:32 AM
    I'd like to see a 4.5 or 4.7. Personally, I think any larger is just too big (for me at least!).
    01-14-2014 09:24 PM
    Well people liked the Galaxy 5.0" Screen so I bet people wouldn't mind a 5.7". Me? maybe a 5.3"
    01-22-2014 03:11 AM
    4.7 is the absolute largest I could go...anything else is way too big!!
    01-27-2014 08:08 PM
    5.7 is ridiculous... 2 of my coworkers have Note 3's.... Waaaaaay too big. Literally a small tablet.

My vote would 4.5-4.7
    01-27-2014 11:22 PM
    5.7 is ridiculous... 2 of my coworkers have Note 3's.... Waaaaaay too big. Literally a small tablet.

My vote would 4.5-4.7
    I have a Note 3 and you know what? You're right, it IS too big. I'd be happy with a device absolutely no bigger than 5" and 4.7" seems about right to me.
    01-28-2014 02:11 AM
    I've been putting off buying my first smartphone for months. Still itching to buy a 5s and have come close many times but I'm now holding out for a slightly larger screen (ageing eyesight !) but ideally would like maybe a very slightly larger phone but with borderless screen to maximise display area, not sure what size screen this could result in but I would still like the one handed use that the current iPhones offer.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    01-31-2014 04:07 AM
    I've been putting off buying my first smartphone for months. Still itching to buy a 5s and have come close many times but I'm now holding out for a slightly larger screen (ageing eyesight !) but ideally would like maybe a very slightly larger phone but with borderless screen to maximise display area, not sure what size screen this could result in but I would still like the one handed use that the current iPhones offer.
    A lot of people have been echoing your feelings on here; myself included. I think they could get a 4.5" screen with a thinner bezel in a device that was extremely similar in size to the current 5s. It's all conjecture but here's hoping, anyway.
    rja1966 likes this.
    01-31-2014 05:59 AM
    Considering I've got a Note 3 and iPhone 5c, I'd go with the smallest size they'll make. I might just move to the 5s instead of 6.... As great as these huge phones are for Internet related activities, they aren't comfortable as a phone to me.
    01-31-2014 08:05 AM
    The balance I'm after is a phone that will offer me a good user experience visually when messaging or browsing but also it needs to comfortably fit in my pocket and every once in a while actually be used as a phone !
    I do think I would feel silly walking around with a larger device stuck to my ear. If the 6 turns out to be too large I will have to dive in and grab a 5S while I still can. I'm reluctant to purchase one today in case the 6 turns out to be just what I'm looking for....
    01-31-2014 08:45 AM
    Considering I've got a Note 3 and iPhone 5c, I'd go with the smallest size they'll make. I might just move to the 5s instead of 6.... As great as these huge phones are for Internet related activities, they aren't comfortable as a phone to me.
    Same as me. I have a Note 3, HTC One and iPhone 5. The Note has a great screen but it feels like I am holding a notepad to my ear when taking calls. The HTC is almost perfect at 4.7" screen but the form factor is still a little large. If Apple could get that 4.7" screen size in a smaller form factor I would drop Android like a hot stone and settle on the iOS ecosystem forever.
    01-31-2014 09:55 AM
    I'd really like to see a curved back on the next generation iPhone, sort of like the Htc One and the Moto x have! That would make for a comftorable hold and feel, and it would allow for a larger battery 👍

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    01-31-2014 05:44 PM
    I'd really like to see a curved back on the next generation iPhone, sort of like the Htc One and the Moto x have! That would make for a comftorable hold and feel, and it would allow for a larger battery

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Please god no. The curved back on my HTC one is bloody awful. You can't put it down on a table and use it as it rocks from side to side when you press on-screen buttons near the edges. Whoever thought of that needs their head examining. The iPhone has a perfect form factor and I just hope they don't mess with it too much; maybe make it slightly bigger to incorporate a bigger screen, if anything.
    01-31-2014 08:23 PM
    I think the iPhone 6 Pro should be 5" and the iPhone 6 and 6c should stick with a 4" screen.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 
    01-31-2014 10:39 PM
    I think the iPhone 6 Pro should be 5" and the iPhone 6 and 6c should stick with a 4" screen.

If they were to incorporate their usual upgrade of .5 inches, I'd be okay.
    rja1966 likes this.
    02-01-2014 11:35 AM
    If they were to incorporate their usual upgrade of .5 inches, I'd be okay.
    Hmmm...I think a full 1" in diagonal screen size would be nice. I don't want a new iPhone that is only taller but not wider. ...that may be an unpopular sentiment but hey.

02-01-2014 12:52 PM
    Hmmm...I think a full 1" in diagonal screen size would be nice. I don't want a new iPhone that is only taller but not wider. ...that may be an unpopular sentiment but hey.

Yea I don't think people would like a 21:9 screen ratio... But The Lord of the rings movies would look good on it with no black bars

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    02-01-2014 04:47 PM
    I like the current size of the iPhone but if they increase it I'm good with that. I can't wait to see what Apple comes out with.
    02-01-2014 05:26 PM
    I will admit, I went to the AT&T store yesterday and looked at the Nokia Lumia 1520 and the screen size was very attractive. I look at screen size like a woman's breast size. Ideally, a perky C cup would be perfect. But when see a pair of double Ds, you can't help but drool.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
    02-02-2014 08:53 AM
    No bigger than 5".

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-02-2014 10:00 AM
110 12345