If the rumored size changes are true, what is your preference...4.7" or 5.7"?

Which size will you choose?

• 4.7"

Votes: 77 81.1%
  • 5.7"

Votes: 18 18.9%

• Total voters

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
That's true next year when I get an iPad (waiting for TouchID) then I wouldn't feel the need for the bigger screen. But even if I didn't get an iPad I wouldn't touch the 5.7" phone with a 10 foot pole.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

You think that they will incorporate touch ID in the next iPad? I figured that if they were going to do that Rhett would have done it with the iPad Air.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
You think that they will incorporate touch ID in the next iPad? I figured that if they were going to do that Rhett would have done it with the iPad Air.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

I think so. I don't think they implemented it this generation possibly because of a supply shortage.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The 5s is that smaller screened device. I doubt they will release a "new" smaller device than the two rumored if they do when they can just continue selling the 5s as last years model, seeing it will still be a top of the line phone, even without being the latest and greatest.

Yes, I agree that makes sense. After all, they still sell the 4S, so why not just retire that and use the 5S instead.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Actually jobs opinion was he wished they'd had a bigger screen earlier. Again, I guarantee after using a big screen you can't fathom how you used smaller.

I can whole heartedly tell you that I will not prefer a larger screen reflective of the Galaxy lines of phones...it just won't happen.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
This will just cement my i5s for the long haul

I just can't get use to a big phone didn't want one when that's all there was available

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

I said the same thing went from 4, to blackberry z10 as daily driver 4.2in , I have 5s as phone for personal line,and it's screen is way too small. I promise once you got to bigger screen you can't imagine how you used smaller before. I was like you.

You might be right acadia11, but for now I agree with kataran. The 5s is the right size for me and I don't believe I would like having a bigger screen on my iPhone. If these rumors are true, at some point I will have to adjust to a larger screen. But I would likely hold on to my 5s as long as possible and keep pushing that point off as long as possible.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I agree that makes sense. After all, they still sell the 4S, so why not just retire that and use the 5S instead.

That would become the "Cheaper" model, that they could continue selling and would be much more future proof than iPhones of old since it has the 64 bit chip, and the A7 chip that is top of the line. Yes it might not be super duper fast like it is now with other chips coming out, but it would still remain a great option even being "lower end" compared to the new iphone(s)

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
If those were the only options, I'd keep what I have. I'd happily move back to a 3.5" screen if it had LTE.

If the 4S had LTE and the lightning port, I wouldn't have upgraded either. Even though I like my 5S, I still am fond of the size, look, and feel of the 4S.

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
From what I've seen and experienced, bigger size is one of those things you don't want until you've had it, then you don't know how you did without! I'm not into phablets, but a lot of users report this happening. Of course, this will not hold true for everyone, but in a lot of cases it does. It happened to me back in the Palm Treo days. I said I'd gladly sacrifice screen space for a physical keyboard, until I got a phone without a physical keyboard.

I rotate between iPhone, Android, and WP, and I'd have to say that the iPhone's 4" size is it's biggest drawback in my opinion. Until something bigger comes out I won't use one as my main device.

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Well I switched from the s4 to the 5 months ago. 4.7 would suffice. Screen size is the only thing I miss from my galaxy. I consume majority of my media on my phone, the added screen space would be great for games. It could remain the same for the iphone 6 and i still would buy it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
From what I've seen and experienced, bigger size is one of those things you don't want until you've had it, then you don't know how you did without! I'm not into phablets, but a lot of users report this happening. Of course, this will not hold true for everyone, but in a lot of cases it does. It happened to me back in the Palm Treo days. I said I'd gladly sacrifice screen space for a physical keyboard, until I got a phone without a physical keyboard.

I rotate between iPhone, Android, and WP, and I'd have to say that the iPhone's 4" size is it's biggest drawback in my opinion. Until something bigger comes out I won't use one as my main device.

This is me in a nutshell. Whilst I love my iPhone 5, the small screen is the only drawback for me and I prefer to use either my HTC One or Galaxy Note 3. I honestly thought i'd never want a larger screen and was more than happy with my iphone until my work at the time insisted I have a secure work phone with a larger screen. From then onwards I was hooked on larger screens.

As i've said before, I would have zero compunction in swapping out my Android phones for a larger screen iPhone as long as it stays around the 4.5" to 4.7" size. If Apple can thin the bezels down a bit more, we might even be able to have that screen size in a form factor that isn't too much bigger than the current iteration. That's my fervent wish anyway.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I hope they keep the 4" size around. The Moto X is the largest phone I think I could handle and it has a 4.7" screen. For media consumption I enjoy the larger screen of my Moto X. But for every day usability and comfort the size of the iPhone 5/5s is perfect for me and the preferred size. It just fits in the hand so nicely. You can reach all of the screen comfortably and typing is very easy. I still find my thumb straining to reach parts of the screen on the Moto X and it's not much larger than the iPhone 5 as it is now.

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I still think Apple should just add full blown phone innards in the iPad lineup so size won't matter anymore.... :p

Yea that's what they did with the iPods if I'm correct they added radios to them and called them I phones and made a fortune off those that apple brain washed.

sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

zdn1042

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Voted 4.7". Though I might go either way.
I'm thinking either go with (a) a 4.7" iPhone + an iPad, or (b) forgo the iPad and just get a 5.7" iPhone.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
5.7 is ridiculous... 2 of my coworkers have Note 3's.... Waaaaaay too big. Literally a small tablet.

My vote would 4.5-4.7

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2