View Poll Results: Which size will you choose?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4.7"

77 81.05%
  • 5.7"

18 18.95%
    If that happened, I would just switch to my HP Veer permanently. I hate anything bigger than 4.3
    01-04-2014 10:07 PM
    I will go for the 4.7. The Moto X is 4.7 and having held it with my iPhone 5, the difference in size was minimal. If apple finds a way to reduce bezel, increase size, ultimately not increasing the footprint significantly I am all set. Personally my iPhone with a little more width would be perfect.

5.7 - No

Tapatalking from my awesome iPhone 5 or very comfy Nexus 7...
    01-04-2014 11:20 PM
    I thought Steve Jobs said that 3.5 is big enough. Apparently, he was wrong since there is 4 inch iPhone and a bigger one may be coming soon. The S3 had a 4.8 inch screen so I would be able to get used to a 4.7 inch iPhone very easily considering that it was my primary device once.
    Just because he said it and things have changed now doesn't mean he was wrong...it just means when he said it, that was his opinion, and at the time (given the success of the device and the other devices reflective of the design), he was absolutely right. I don't feel like the iPhone would have found such success if they had released a 5" screen design in that time frame.

We also can't attribute right or wrong to today's designs because Jobs is dead, so there's no way of knowing what he feels is the modern perfect size.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-04-2014 11:28 PM
    This will just cement my i5s for the long haul

I just can't get use to a big phone didn't want one when that's all there was available

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

I said th same thing went from 4, to blackberry z10 as daily driver 4.2in , I have 5s as phone for personlline,and it's screen is way too small. I promise once you got to bigger screen you can't imagine how you used smaller before
    I was like you.
    Premium1 likes this.
    01-05-2014 04:31 AM
    Just because he said it and things have changed now doesn't mean he was wrong...it just means when he said it, that was his opinion, and at the time (given the success of the device and the other devices reflective of the design), he was absolutely right. I don't feel like the iPhone would have found such success if they had released a 5" screen design in that time frame.

We also can't attribute right or wrong to today's designs because Jobs is dead, so there's no way of knowing what he feels is the modern perfect size.
    Yep, that's pretty much exactly it. I agree that if Apple had released a larger screen earlier then they would probably have lost some of the market share they have now. People want, like and trust the smaller screen so I hope that if they release a larger screen iPhone, they also release a smaller screen phone for the folks that don't want the larger one.

Jobs' opinion was probably spot on at the time he made the comments. The world turns though and being that the man is dead, we have no way of knowing what he might think today.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-05-2014 06:40 AM
    Yep, that's pretty much exactly it. I agree that if Apple had released a larger screen earlier then they would probably have lost some of the market share they have now. People want, like and trust the smaller screen so I hope that if they release a larger screen iPhone, they also release a smaller screen phone for the folks that don't want the larger one.

Jobs' opinion was probably spot on at the time he made the comments. The world turns though and being that the man is dead, we have no way of knowing what he might think today.
    iPhone 6C? Just saying. That could be the smaller screen device.
    01-05-2014 01:22 PM

Actually jobs opinion was he wished they'd had a bigger screen earlier. Again, I guarantee after using a big screen you can't fathom how you used smaller.
    01-05-2014 02:01 PM
    Actually jobs opinion was he wished they'd had a bigger screen earlier. Again, I guarantee after using a big screen you can't fathom how you used smaller.
    If that were true then the iPhone 4 or 4S would have been 4" or more.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-05-2014 02:25 PM
    Well here's another rumor to add to the mill. Would be interesting if apple did go the samsung route and have one "regular" sized device and one "phablet" as flagships for the year Apple iPhone phablet coming as soon as this May?
    01-05-2014 02:47 PM
    iPhone 6C? Just saying. That could be the smaller screen device.
    Well here's another rumor to add to the mill. Would be interesting if apple did go the samsung route and have one "regular" sized device and one "phablet" as flagships for the year Apple iPhone phablet coming as soon as this May?
    Exactly what I said. The iPhone 6 will be a phablet and the 6C would be the regular version. People might get mad with the specs if the larger one has more than the smaller one.
    01-05-2014 03:02 PM
    Exactly what I said. The iPhone 6 will be a phablet and the 6C would be the regular version. People might get mad with the specs if the larger one has more than the smaller one.
    I hope they don't go down the phablet route but stick to something approximating 4.5" - 4.7". Anything bigger is just too unwieldy for one-handed use and the 4.7" is pushing it for some people anyway.
    01-05-2014 04:57 PM

The 5s is that smaller screened device. I doubt they will release a "new" smaller device than the two rumored if they do when they can just continue selling the 5s as last years model, seeing it will still be a top of the line phone, even without being the latest and greatest.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    01-05-2014 08:05 PM
    Well that says the "phablet" would not be under the iPhone 6 name. I think if they go that route it will be called something else and the 6 will still be the smaller (4.7 if thats what they choose) device, that comes out later on.
    01-05-2014 08:06 PM
    It would depend on what other devices I have at the time. If I still have my iPad Air, I would go for the smaller iPhone. If I don't, I would go for the larger iPhone. The bigger size wouldn't bother me at all. But the smaller size is more convenient if I have an iPad to complement it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
    01-05-2014 08:48 PM
    It would depend on what other devices I have at the time. If I still have my iPad Air, I would go for the smaller iPhone. If I don't, I would go for the larger iPhone. The bigger size wouldn't bother me at all. But the smaller size is more convenient if I have an iPad to complement it.

That's true next year when I get an iPad (waiting for TouchID) then I wouldn't feel the need for the bigger screen. But even if I didn't get an iPad I wouldn't touch the 5.7" phone with a 10 foot pole.

01-05-2014 08:52 PM
    That's true next year when I get an iPad (waiting for TouchID) then I wouldn't feel the need for the bigger screen. But even if I didn't get an iPad I wouldn't touch the 5.7" phone with a 10 foot pole.

You think that they will incorporate touch ID in the next iPad? I figured that if they were going to do that Rhett would have done it with the iPad Air.

01-05-2014 08:56 PM
    You think that they will incorporate touch ID in the next iPad? I figured that if they were going to do that Rhett would have done it with the iPad Air.

I think so. I don't think they implemented it this generation possibly because of a supply shortage.

01-05-2014 08:57 PM
    The 5s is that smaller screened device. I doubt they will release a "new" smaller device than the two rumored if they do when they can just continue selling the 5s as last years model, seeing it will still be a top of the line phone, even without being the latest and greatest.
    Yes, I agree that makes sense. After all, they still sell the 4S, so why not just retire that and use the 5S instead.
    01-06-2014 06:09 AM
    I still think Apple should just add full blown phone innards in the iPad lineup so size won't matter anymore....
    I would be all over this...

But as between 4.7 in and 5.7 in, I think I'd go 5.7.
    01-06-2014 07:08 AM
    I can whole heartedly tell you that I will not prefer a larger screen reflective of the Galaxy lines of phones...it just won't happen.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-06-2014 10:26 AM
    This will just cement my i5s for the long haul

I just can't get use to a big phone didn't want one when that's all there was available

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    I said the same thing went from 4, to blackberry z10 as daily driver 4.2in , I have 5s as phone for personal line,and it's screen is way too small. I promise once you got to bigger screen you can't imagine how you used smaller before. I was like you.
    You might be right acadia11, but for now I agree with kataran. The 5s is the right size for me and I don't believe I would like having a bigger screen on my iPhone. If these rumors are true, at some point I will have to adjust to a larger screen. But I would likely hold on to my 5s as long as possible and keep pushing that point off as long as possible.
    kataran likes this.
    01-06-2014 10:38 AM
    Yes, I agree that makes sense. After all, they still sell the 4S, so why not just retire that and use the 5S instead.
    That would become the "Cheaper" model, that they could continue selling and would be much more future proof than iPhones of old since it has the 64 bit chip, and the A7 chip that is top of the line. Yes it might not be super duper fast like it is now with other chips coming out, but it would still remain a great option even being "lower end" compared to the new iphone(s)
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    01-06-2014 11:24 AM
    Probably half the reason I switched is because I like the size; I don't want a huge phone or phablet or whatever they are called, so definitely the 4.7.
    01-07-2014 08:14 AM
    If those were the only options, I'd keep what I have. I'd happily move back to a 3.5" screen if it had LTE.
    kataran likes this.
    01-07-2014 09:51 AM
    If those were the only options, I'd keep what I have. I'd happily move back to a 3.5" screen if it had LTE.
    If the 4S had LTE and the lightning port, I wouldn't have upgraded either. Even though I like my 5S, I still am fond of the size, look, and feel of the 4S.
    xanadome likes this.
    01-07-2014 11:30 AM
110 1234 ...