LED light

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
How much you want to bet that after the iPhone 6 is announced without that stupid LED light (which there's a reason that no one uses it anymore) that right afterwards we're going to get "I hope the iPhone 6S has an LED notification light, because I really miss this outdated mechanic that no phone manufacturer outside of the ones going out of business use. Because my fringe niche tastes should apply to every one!"

I'm calling it now.

You want a billion customizations, of which 5% actually work well, then go to Android. There's a reason iPhones don't have LED lights, because a scant few tenths of a percent of people actually care about it.

Davidson

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I wanna blinky!!!! I don't receive many calls or texts or emails! I could really appreciate a blinky!!!!!!
Don't want it?
Deactivate it!!
I'm sure there will be a switch for that.
Oh .... Just my .02 cents

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
"I hope the iPhone 6S has an LED notification light, because I really miss this outdated mechanic that no phone manufacturer outside of the ones going out of business use. Because my fringe niche tastes should apply to every one!"

Samsung smartphones have them, to name but one manufacturer not going out of business any time soon. Samsung is arguably the biggest smartphone manufacturer on the planet, hence not particularly niche or fringe...

6/10 - Good rant, must try harder though. :)

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Samsung smartphones have them, to name but one manufacturer not going out of business any time soon. Samsung is arguably the biggest smartphone manufacturer on the planet, hence not particularly niche or fringe...

Fair enough, you got me there. You have to admit though that most of the "I miss my LED light and Apple needs to give me one!" posts tend to come from former Blackberry users who were hooked on it. My point is that after every iPhone release, someone always complains that there is no LED light every....single....year. I know that I should just ignore it and not even enter the thread, for some reason I was in a grouchy mood when I clicked on this thread yesterday. Forgive me.

I'd be willing to bet my life savings that Apple isn't going to include an LED light on the iPhone 6, the 6S, the 7, the 7S, and on from there. Won't stop people from complaining, though.

It's not going to happen people. Learn to adjust and move on, or go to a phone maker who does include it. Whining about what's never going to happen is not productive.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It's really NOT that SERIOUS, as a current Blackberry and iPhone user, I just adjust when it comes to my iPhone...SIMPLE. If the iphone gets the notification light so be it, if not, life will continue with the iPhone.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough, you got me there. You have to admit though that most of the "I miss my LED light and Apple needs to give me one!" posts tend to come from former Blackberry users who were hooked on it. My point is that after every iPhone release, someone always complains that there is no LED light every....single....year. I know that I should just ignore it and not even enter the thread, for some reason I was in a grouchy mood when I clicked on this thread yesterday. Forgive me.

I'd be willing to bet my life savings that Apple isn't going to include an LED light on the iPhone 6, the 6S, the 7, the 7S, and on from there. Won't stop people from complaining, though.

It's not going to happen people. Learn to adjust and move on, or go to a phone maker who does include it. Whining about what's never going to happen is not productive.

The fact that people bring it up indicates that there is indeed a demand for one. Much like the bigger display posts that pop up as well after every release. The subject of this thread was asking about what people want to see in a future iPhone...an LED is a valid response, no matter how many times it may have been mentioned in the past and what one's own opinions on topic are. Apple to date has decided not to include an LED, which is fine. If you're buying a current iPhone, you adapt and live with it. Doesn't mean you can't want it though.

Never say never. While Apple was correct on their take with mobile flash, they also believed the 7" tablet was DOA and even suggested that 10" was the ideal tablet form factor. The success of the iPad mini would suggest otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm not overly bothered if the new phone does have one. If it does, great, if it doesn't, no matter. My current iPhone 5 doesn't have one and i've had all the iPhones going back to the first one (bar the 4S) and I was perfectly happy with what Apple produced. For me, the phone is more than just the sum of its parts anyway. I'll get the new iPhone 6 regardless of whether it has a larger screen, blinky light and so on, as long as it is a decent upgrade from my iPhone 5 (which I think it probably will be).

Your opinion that it will never happen could well be spot on; only time will tell. :thumbsup:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The fact that people bring it up indicates that there is indeed a demand for one. Much like the bigger display posts that pop up as well after every release. The subject of this thread was asking about what people want to see in a future iPhone...an LED is a valid response, no matter how many times it may have been mentioned in the past and what one's own opinions on topic are. Apple to date has decided not to include an LED, which is fine. If you're buying a current iPhone, you adapt and live with it. Doesn't mean you can't want it though.

Never say never. While Apple was correct on their take with mobile flash, they also believed the 7" tablet was DOA and even suggested that 10" was the ideal tablet form factor. The success of the iPad mini would suggest otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Niche demand from people holding onto threads.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I've never seen anybody with a galaxy phone "brag" about the LED light nor they are aware they have it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods