Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just released Spy Photo of iPhone 6 with LED Notification Light
mape4u9a.jpg

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Aw jeez... Not again with the bleeping blinky light... smh... It's real simple... The iPhone has never had a notification LED. Anyone wanting a phone with one should buy a phone that has one and not complain that the iPhone doesn't have it....

My $0.02

People wanting an iphone that has an LED... whats wrong with that. The iphone once didnt have copy and paste, that doesnt mean that it shouldn't be implemented. A notification LED that can be toggled on and off would be a welcome addition to iphones IMO

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Didn't blackberry patent that feature?

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Not sure if BlackBerry holds "the" patent, but based upon a few titles and high level summaries I randomly skimmed through in the results shown in the link below; it's probably fair to say that BlackBerry does hold some patents related to LED notification systems and methods.

While I do think iPhones would benefit from a toggleable LED notification system, the fact that BlackBerry and other companies hold patents may be a financial and potential legal constraint for implementing.

https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts#q=cell+phone+notification+led+patent&tbm=pts

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
A large number of Android smartphones have employed a notification LED for a good few years now. Obviously, just because Apple have not implemented something in the past does not mean they won't in the future.

I would welcome such an addition but realise, unlike some people, that I am not prescient and no matter whether I 'categorially state' something like this will or will not happen, I just can't see into the future...

Of course, this is just my opinion you understand.

Happy holidays to one and all! :)

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
And what is so wrong about NOT wanting LED notification?

There's nothing wrong with not wanting it. I think the OP was just stating that it would be cool for them. A "want" for their device, not a "complaint" that their device doesn't have it.

Honestly man, I see most of your posts on this forum and they come off as being condescending and rude. But that's just my perspective. Just chill man, it's Christmas time!

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
So... Now having a contrary opinion makes me anti-Christmas? smh...

Naw man lol, I said that jokingly. It's not your contrary opinion that's the issue. It's the way you go about expressing your contrary opinion. Like I said, you come off rude and condescending.

I get it, Apple hasn't implemented a notification led yet. They may or may not in the future. No one knows. But when you come on to someone's thread accusing them of "complaining" and to "keep dreaming" as if you are the all knowing of things Apple, it comes off as rude.

Honestly I'm not trying to stir the pot. It's just my observation of the conversation in this thread.

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
To the OP, I apologize for hacking your thread. I also think it would be cool to have a notification led. Of course having an option to turn it off would be a must for the people who wouldn't like it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Naw man lol, I said that jokingly. It's not your contrary opinion that's the issue. It's the way you go about expressing your contrary opinion. Like I said, you come off rude and condescending.

I get it, Apple hasn't implemented a notification led yet. They may or may not in the future. No one knows. But when you come on to someone's thread accusing them of "complaining" and to "keep dreaming" as if you are the all knowing of things Apple, it comes off as rude.

Honestly I'm not trying to stir the pot. It's just my observation of the conversation in this thread.

I totally disagree. Just because one is crusty and opinionated doesn’t make him rude. That may be how you perceive it, but that, too, doesn’t make it so.

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I totally disagree. Just because one is crusty and opinionated doesn?t make him rude. That may be how you perceive it, but that, too, doesn?t make it so.

Ok that's cool. Let's just agree to disagree. I'll just end it with that. Have a great day everyone!

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Apple made the notifications look like androids and put control center so why not LED light? LED LED LED LED LED LED LED LED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since Apple has to be the be all end all in customer satisfaction, maybe they can put a few mil in my bank account. Ya know, just because I want it. 😐

Oh, by the way, if blinking lights are such an important thing to have, buy a Blackberry......if they're still around.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I find that an LED indicator makes for a good option to alert systems on a mobile device. It provides a subtle visual cue to go along or in place of an audio (ringtone) or tactile (vibration) alert. The fact that this topic has come up before in the past is probably a good indicator that people would at least like the option to have one. And while Apple has not put one in a phone in the past, you never know what they may do for future versions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR