I'm not rolling my eyes about it at all. The exact opposite as a matter of fact. My eyes are open to my hypocritical ways and for that I apologize. I don't disagree with a thing you typed above. At times I catch myself typing off of emotion without truly thinking through the angles. This thread unfortunately is one of those times.
    You had a point, I just didn't agree with it. Doesn't mean you can't have it legitimately...

Honestly, I can almost guarantee you that the negative tone comes from exactly what you see later in that first page of this thread...when it starts to be argued that the idea it's unnecessary is ridiculous. Every time one of these threads pops up, the person/people who think it's a good idea start rallying around that idea and if someone states an opinion to the contrary, they are just being negative or closed minded. Personally, when the thread started, I was just going to respond "lol @ redundant LED desire", but I got side tracked and started talking about something else...ADD and all.
    12-26-2013 04:40 PM
    I'm down for an LED light. Apple needs some new tricks anyway.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-28-2013 06:44 AM
    It's not the reason that i left iPhone, but it's one of the reasons. For me, it all comes down to CUSTOMIZATION.
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-28-2013 11:53 AM
    Edit: and yes, your level of brash is a league of its own lol
    I take pride in that.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    12-28-2013 11:53 AM
    My opinion on the LED light is that if they can fit it behind the glass without me seeing it or changing the design of the phone, go for it, because I don't have to even know it exists.
    That's can be easily done on black devices. The last few Nexus devices I've owned have LEDs that are pretty much invisible unless they're flashing. Not sure how it would look on white devices though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-28-2013 12:03 PM
    As a longtime former Blackberry user I never missed the LED when I got my iPhone. I don't have a need for it.
    Fausty82 and taz323 like this.
    12-28-2013 01:13 PM
    How much you want to bet that after the iPhone 6 is announced without that stupid LED light (which there's a reason that no one uses it anymore) that right afterwards we're going to get "I hope the iPhone 6S has an LED notification light, because I really miss this outdated mechanic that no phone manufacturer outside of the ones going out of business use. Because my fringe niche tastes should apply to every one!"

I'm calling it now.

You want a billion customizations, of which 5% actually work well, then go to Android. There's a reason iPhones don't have LED lights, because a scant few tenths of a percent of people actually care about it.
    kch50428 and Fausty82 like this.
    01-04-2014 04:16 PM
    I wanna blinky!!!! I don't receive many calls or texts or emails! I could really appreciate a blinky!!!!!!
    Don't want it?
    Deactivate it!!
    I'm sure there will be a switch for that.
    Oh .... Just my .02 cents
    01-04-2014 09:06 PM
    "I hope the iPhone 6S has an LED notification light, because I really miss this outdated mechanic that no phone manufacturer outside of the ones going out of business use. Because my fringe niche tastes should apply to every one!"
    Samsung smartphones have them, to name but one manufacturer not going out of business any time soon. Samsung is arguably the biggest smartphone manufacturer on the planet, hence not particularly niche or fringe...

6/10 - Good rant, must try harder though.
    01-05-2014 06:35 AM
    Samsung smartphones have them, to name but one manufacturer not going out of business any time soon. Samsung is arguably the biggest smartphone manufacturer on the planet, hence not particularly niche or fringe...

Fair enough, you got me there. You have to admit though that most of the "I miss my LED light and Apple needs to give me one!" posts tend to come from former Blackberry users who were hooked on it. My point is that after every iPhone release, someone always complains that there is no LED light every....single....year. I know that I should just ignore it and not even enter the thread, for some reason I was in a grouchy mood when I clicked on this thread yesterday. Forgive me.

I'd be willing to bet my life savings that Apple isn't going to include an LED light on the iPhone 6, the 6S, the 7, the 7S, and on from there. Won't stop people from complaining, though.

It's not going to happen people. Learn to adjust and move on, or go to a phone maker who does include it. Whining about what's never going to happen is not productive.
    kch50428 and Fausty82 like this.
    01-05-2014 11:50 AM
    It's really NOT that SERIOUS, as a current Blackberry and iPhone user, I just adjust when it comes to my iPhone...SIMPLE. If the iphone gets the notification light so be it, if not, life will continue with the iPhone.
    vn906c, BlackBerry Guy and Chrisy like this.
    01-05-2014 01:06 PM
    Fair enough, you got me there. You have to admit though that most of the "I miss my LED light and Apple needs to give me one!" posts tend to come from former Blackberry users who were hooked on it. My point is that after every iPhone release, someone always complains that there is no LED light every....single....year. I know that I should just ignore it and not even enter the thread, for some reason I was in a grouchy mood when I clicked on this thread yesterday. Forgive me.

I'd be willing to bet my life savings that Apple isn't going to include an LED light on the iPhone 6, the 6S, the 7, the 7S, and on from there. Won't stop people from complaining, though.

It's not going to happen people. Learn to adjust and move on, or go to a phone maker who does include it. Whining about what's never going to happen is not productive.
    The fact that people bring it up indicates that there is indeed a demand for one. Much like the bigger display posts that pop up as well after every release. The subject of this thread was asking about what people want to see in a future iPhone...an LED is a valid response, no matter how many times it may have been mentioned in the past and what one's own opinions on topic are. Apple to date has decided not to include an LED, which is fine. If you're buying a current iPhone, you adapt and live with it. Doesn't mean you can't want it though.

Never say never. While Apple was correct on their take with mobile flash, they also believed the 7" tablet was DOA and even suggested that 10" was the ideal tablet form factor. The success of the iPad mini would suggest otherwise.

01-05-2014 02:07 PM

I'm not overly bothered if the new phone does have one. If it does, great, if it doesn't, no matter. My current iPhone 5 doesn't have one and i've had all the iPhones going back to the first one (bar the 4S) and I was perfectly happy with what Apple produced. For me, the phone is more than just the sum of its parts anyway. I'll get the new iPhone 6 regardless of whether it has a larger screen, blinky light and so on, as long as it is a decent upgrade from my iPhone 5 (which I think it probably will be).

Your opinion that it will never happen could well be spot on; only time will tell. :thumbsup:
    01-05-2014 05:10 PM
    Wasn't it Steve Jobs who was so vehement against a notification LED on the iPhone? So now you never know what might happen....
    01-05-2014 05:19 PM
    The fact that people bring it up indicates that there is indeed a demand for one. Much like the bigger display posts that pop up as well after every release. The subject of this thread was asking about what people want to see in a future iPhone...an LED is a valid response, no matter how many times it may have been mentioned in the past and what one's own opinions on topic are. Apple to date has decided not to include an LED, which is fine. If you're buying a current iPhone, you adapt and live with it. Doesn't mean you can't want it though.

Never say never. While Apple was correct on their take with mobile flash, they also believed the 7" tablet was DOA and even suggested that 10" was the ideal tablet form factor. The success of the iPad mini would suggest otherwise.

Niche demand from people holding onto threads.
    kch50428, taz323 and Fausty82 like this.
    01-05-2014 07:39 PM

I've never seen anybody with a galaxy phone "brag" about the LED light nor they are aware they have it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    01-05-2014 08:55 PM
91 ... 234