Well apple does try and make customers happy so nobody can really say if won't happen because apple is unpredictable
    Just wondering what color the sky is in your world... It. Aint. Happening.
    kch50428 likes this.
    12-20-2013 07:46 PM
    Didn't blackberry patent that feature?

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    12-20-2013 08:07 PM

I don't think so because a lot of android devices have it.
    12-20-2013 09:10 PM
    I don't think so because a lot of android devices have it.
    Really? Android phones have that feature? I've never noticed.

12-20-2013 09:30 PM
    I have friends that use blackberry phones and they don't even like that feature.

12-20-2013 09:31 PM
    In my honest opinion apple will never add this feature cause for them to add a feature a huge amount of people have to request it and since they haven't added it yet. My guess is not enough people are requesting it which also means not a lot of people want it so how about we let this feature die with blackberry so they are remembered for something

That's my $0.02...

12-20-2013 10:02 PM
    In my honest opinion apple will never add this feature cause for them to add a feature a huge amount of people have to request it and since they haven't added it yet. My guess is not enough people are requesting it which also means not a lot of people want it so how about we let this feature die with blackberry so they are remembered for something

That's my $0.02...

Either that (^^^^) or it's that Apple doesn't do 'design by committee'.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.
    12-20-2013 10:09 PM
    I liked the feature on my Blackberry. The beauty of the LED on the BlackBerry is that the user can turn it off if they don't like it. The biggest think I dislike about my iPhone is there is no way to know that I missed a call or text. It's a trade off, the iPhone is a awesome device, but it's focus is not communication. It does everything better than a Blackberry except be a telephone. It's simply a matter of what is more important to you.

My iPhone is almost always in a holster just like my BlackBerry was so I don't miss the LED light as much as I miss BeBuzz which allowed for an audible notifier that I missed a call, text, or BBM.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    12-20-2013 10:10 PM
    Ok gentleman, it's not that serious. It's just a want, just like some people want larger screens, some people even want their smartphone to cook breakfast. If it happens, it happens, reguardless the iphone is still the best phone out there (IMO). I for one would like this feature, but to down this feature as if it was a plauge, I really don't see the point
    anon(73368) and redbeard like this.
    12-20-2013 10:18 PM
    For those that think I don't like this feature, put it this way; I don't care if Apple did add it I just wouldn't use it. I think if Apple did add it they would have the apple logo on the back of the iPhone glow when you get a notification and dim after like 10 seconds. And pulse if you had a missed call. That's how I think Apple would add it.

That's my additional $0.02...

12-20-2013 10:25 PM
    For those that think I don't like this feature, put it this way; I don't care if Apple did add it I just wouldn't use it. I think if Apple did add it they would have the apple logo on the back of the iPhone glow when you get a notification and dim after like 10 seconds. And pulse if you had a missed call. That's how I think Apple would add it.

That's my additional $0.02...
    but it's not on the front of the phone... It's gotta be on the front of the phone... (/whiny voice)
    Fausty82 likes this.
    12-20-2013 10:46 PM
    but it's not on the front of the phone... It's gotta be on the front of the phone... (/whiny voice)
    EXACTLYY lol!!
    12-20-2013 10:56 PM
    Oh ya

I was just throwing an idea out there. But if Apple does release an iwatch (or whatever they will call it) the led notification light on the iPhone will seem redundant

12-20-2013 11:02 PM
    Oh ya

I was just throwing an idea out there. But if Apple does release an iwatch (or whatever they will call it) the led notification light on the iPhone will seem redundant

Very true
    12-20-2013 11:18 PM
    Aw jeez... Not again with the bleeping blinky light... smh... It's real simple... The iPhone has never had a notification LED. Anyone wanting a phone with one should buy a phone that has one and not complain that the iPhone doesn't have it....

My $0.02
    Well maybe there are people who are dedicated iPhone users and comfortable using an iPhone and just want apple to add an led flashing light..
    Spencerdl and jaleelhamid like this.
    12-20-2013 11:18 PM
    Just released Spy Photo of iPhone 6 with LED Notification Light
    12-20-2013 11:42 PM
    Aw jeez... Not again with the bleeping blinky light... smh... It's real simple... The iPhone has never had a notification LED. Anyone wanting a phone with one should buy a phone that has one and not complain that the iPhone doesn't have it....

My $0.02
    People wanting an iphone that has an LED... whats wrong with that. The iphone once didnt have copy and paste, that doesnt mean that it shouldn't be implemented. A notification LED that can be toggled on and off would be a welcome addition to iphones IMO
    12-21-2013 02:17 AM

Not sure if BlackBerry holds "the" patent, but based upon a few titles and high level summaries I randomly skimmed through in the results shown in the link below; it's probably fair to say that BlackBerry does hold some patents related to LED notification systems and methods.

While I do think iPhones would benefit from a toggleable LED notification system, the fact that BlackBerry and other companies hold patents may be a financial and potential legal constraint for implementing.

https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts#q=ce...patent&tbm=pts
    12-21-2013 10:53 AM
    A large number of Android smartphones have employed a notification LED for a good few years now. Obviously, just because Apple have not implemented something in the past does not mean they won't in the future.

I would welcome such an addition but realise, unlike some people, that I am not prescient and no matter whether I 'categorially state' something like this will or will not happen, I just can't see into the future...

Of course, this is just my opinion you understand.

Happy holidays to one and all!
    12-21-2013 11:48 AM
    People wanting an iphone that has an LED... whats wrong with that.
    And what is so wrong about NOT wanting LED notification?
    Fausty82 likes this.
    12-21-2013 12:02 PM
    And what is so wrong about NOT wanting LED notification?
    There's nothing wrong with not wanting it. I think the OP was just stating that it would be cool for them. A "want" for their device, not a "complaint" that their device doesn't have it.

Honestly man, I see most of your posts on this forum and they come off as being condescending and rude. But that's just my perspective. Just chill man, it's Christmas time!
    12-21-2013 12:20 PM
    So... Now having a contrary opinion makes me anti-Christmas? smh...
    12-21-2013 12:37 PM
    So... Now having a contrary opinion makes me anti-Christmas? smh...
    Naw man lol, I said that jokingly. It's not your contrary opinion that's the issue. It's the way you go about expressing your contrary opinion. Like I said, you come off rude and condescending.

I get it, Apple hasn't implemented a notification led yet. They may or may not in the future. No one knows. But when you come on to someone's thread accusing them of "complaining" and to "keep dreaming" as if you are the all knowing of things Apple, it comes off as rude.

Honestly I'm not trying to stir the pot. It's just my observation of the conversation in this thread.
    anon(73368) and anon4757448 like this.
    12-21-2013 12:46 PM
    To the OP, I apologize for hacking your thread. I also think it would be cool to have a notification led. Of course having an option to turn it off would be a must for the people who wouldn't like it.
    12-21-2013 12:54 PM
    Naw man lol, I said that jokingly. It's not your contrary opinion that's the issue. It's the way you go about expressing your contrary opinion. Like I said, you come off rude and condescending.

I get it, Apple hasn't implemented a notification led yet. They may or may not in the future. No one knows. But when you come on to someone's thread accusing them of "complaining" and to "keep dreaming" as if you are the all knowing of things Apple, it comes off as rude.

Honestly I'm not trying to stir the pot. It's just my observation of the conversation in this thread.
    I totally disagree. Just because one is crusty and opinionated doesn’t make him rude. That may be how you perceive it, but that, too, doesn’t make it so.
    12-21-2013 01:49 PM
91 1234