iPhone 6 Features

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
​I know, I know, getting a little ahead of myself here. But if you could dream up your next version of the iPhone, what features would you like to see on-board? Perhaps you'd like to see some larger screen sizes? More color options? And the specs, what would you like to see bumped up? Or perhaps there are some things you'd like to see removed altogether?

Sound off, get crazy? what do you think?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't mind a bigger screen .. I think more ram would be nice and I'm sure by then a A8 chip but most of all I would like to see it a complete redesign minimizing the empty space on the front and making it more screen edge to edge NFC would be nice if retailers adopted it also

As far as features In ios 8 failed unlock would snap a pic and upload to iCloud and or send to a third party number that you choose via iCloud . Com
I know they make apps like this but apple would make it flawless.

I also would like more customization like 5th icon dock and landscape mode on home screen.
Approved widgets would be nice also in the notification center like FB status update etc.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm ok with the 4" screen. A little larger screen would be ok, maybe 4.5" or 4.7". Of course, an A8 chip and more customization. Keep notification center and control center.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
A built in dog whistle so we could torment our pets.

Ultrasound with on screen display so we could watch our stomach acids disintegrate food.

Some sort of hypnotizing app so I can spend even more time staring at my phone.

And a bigger screen.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm ok with the 4" screen. A little larger screen would be ok, maybe 4.5" or 4.7". Of course, an A8 chip and more customization. Keep notification center and control center.

Same here. The screen size is comfortable to me. I could see a 4.5 in screen, that wouldn't be so bad. If the screen was edge to edge, I don't think I would be mad either.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Everything above, plus a dedicated front facing Notification LED

Oh yeah, a LED light would be a nice little feature as well. I don't see them putting it on, but it would be nice. I do miss that one little feature from my old blackberry.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
4.5" 720p display with very accurate color representation.
Twice as fast as the 5S, whatever it takes to do that.
maybe 2gb of RAM, if necessary
More work with coprocessors.
Same, or slightly better battery life than the 5S.
Better camera than the 5S.
Stereo speakers
iOS 8, with maybe some more gesture-based navigation like BB OS 10.
Cue, either replaces or supplements Siri, as a touch-free super-assistant. Like the Moto X/GoogleNow, but done right.
available in 32, 64, and 128gb capacity
maybe a low energy light-up Apple logo on the back, like the Macbook, and it can pulse as a notification light.

That's about it. Maybe wireless charging... but No NFC. No expandable memory. No widgets. No huge 5+" display.

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Def Think A Dedicated LED Notification Is Called For... 4.5-4.7 Screen Would B Nice... But May I Dare Say Apple Create A Device With A Physical Keyboard... Not Going To Lie Miss It... I Know It Wont Happen... Just Saying I Know They Can Create A Nice Device W/A Physical Keyboard To Add To The Line Up... Apple Can Do Anything & Would Love 2 C That Some Day...

Sent From The State Of Ohio...

Djlatino

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I think they're at their wits of trying something new and doing things that they would've said no to.

Whether that be a wider screen or even as simple as an IR remote like the S4. Things like this is what they're starting to invest in and the fingerprint scanner shows that.

I hope nothing but the best for Apple but I'm afraid they're hitting their plateau in the years to come. I mean, they've provided a pretty damn nice phone to the market along with seamless connecting to their OS.

I mean, a 1.21 gigawatts lighting port is still up for grabs.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Def Think A Dedicated LED Notification Is Called For... 4.5-4.7 Screen Would B Nice... But May I Dare Say Apple Create A Device With A Physical Keyboard... Not Going To Lie Miss It... I Know It Wont Happen... Just Saying I Know They Can Create A Nice Device W/A Physical Keyboard To Add To The Line Up... Apple Can Do Anything & Would Love 2 C That Some Day...

Sent From The State Of Ohio...

Would a BB Q10 + iOS 7 work? Assuming porting iOS to BB hardware is feasible, Apple likely has the cash to buy BB and get their Enterprise Management portfolio, patents, and talent...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My guess for the iPhone 6:

Two screen options
4.6" 720p & 5.6" 1080p

Processor
Quad-core 64-bit A8

Ram
2 GB

GPU
128-bit
OpenGL 4.0 support
Quad or octa core configuration

Storage
32, 64, 128 or 64, 128, 256

Cellular connectivity
LTE-A

Battery
High compactly 3000 mAh

Overall size increase

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
My guess for the iPhone 6:

Two screen options
4.6" 720p & 5.6" 1080p

Processor
Quad-core 64-bit A8

Ram
2 GB

GPU
128-bit
OpenGL 4.0 support
Quad or octa core configuration

Storage
32, 64, 128 or 64, 128, 256

Cellular connectivity
LTE-A

Battery
High compactly 3000 mAh

Overall size increase

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

A lot of this stuff is what an Android manufacturer would do. I don't think Apple will go quad core until staying dual core becomes a handicap... and as the 1.3GHz dual core A7 is proving, dual core is still very relevant when the OS is efficient. Same with battery size. The iPhones have been using 1400-1500mAh batteries since forever. The power efficiency of the new 64-bit A7 is giving the 5S battery life I've never experienced from an iOS device before. Even with the power draw of a bigger screen, I don't think the iPhone 6 will need 3000mAh. I'd guess 2100. Maybe slightly bigger. But not 3000.

I also don't see Apple going 1080p. The human eye can't really distinguish between 720p and 1080p on a 5" display that is at most, an arms length from your face. It's yet again, an example of Android manufacturers marketing on specs and "bigger is better" ideology instead of what works best in the real world. Plus,if Apple were ever going to go 1080p, it would not be immediate. A 720p display would be an improvement over the current Retina display, which would give Apple the ability to jump to 1080p at a later time... perhaps for the iPhone 6S, or maybe even push it off until the iPhone 7, if ever at all.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Everything above, plus a dedicated front facing Notification LED

Well, that didn’t take long...

I would like to see better battery life - even at the expense of an iPhone that is a bit thicker/heavier. And for those who really do want a notification LED, why not do the Apple logo mod on the back of the phone?

Perhaps more RAM and a faster processor... have to keep bumping those specs...

The rest of the stuff I’d like to see are sofware/iOS stuff - landscape home screen, freeflowing icon placement, etc...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
A lot of this stuff is what an Android manufacturer would do. I don't think Apple will go quad core until staying dual core becomes a handicap... and as the 1.3GHz dual core A7 is proving, dual core is still very relevant when the OS is efficient. Same with battery size. The iPhones have been using 1400-1500mAh batteries since forever. The power efficiency of the new 64-bit A7 is giving the 5S battery life I've never experienced from an iOS device before. Even with the power draw of a bigger screen, I don't think the iPhone 6 will need 3000mAh. I'd guess 2100. Maybe slightly bigger. But not 3000.

I also don't see Apple going 1080p. The human eye can't really distinguish between 720p and 1080p on a 5" display that is at most, an arms length from your face. It's yet again, an example of Android manufacturers marketing on specs and "bigger is better" ideology instead of what works best in the real world. Plus,if Apple were ever going to go 1080p, it would not be immediate. A 720p display would be an improvement over the current Retina display, which would give Apple the ability to jump to 1080p at a later time... perhaps for the iPhone 6S, or maybe even push it off until the iPhone 7, if ever at all.

Apple keeps pushing there iphone as the #1 mobile gaming device and in order to stay there they need to switch to quad core processors. You would be surprised how much more battery you need for a 4.6" 720p screen to match the current battery life of the 5S. A bigger battery would complement the faster processor, more ram and bigger screen. I do agree that a 720p screen makes more sense for 4.6" screen but for anything larger than 5" screen, 720p is lower than 300 ppi so 1080p makes sense so Apple can retain their 300 ppi claim for their retina display on the iPhone if they launch a 5.6" iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Apple keeps pushing there iphone as the #1 mobile gaming device and in order to stay there they need to switch to quad core processors.

Why does Apple need quad core processing? The current iPhone, and recent iPads, all game very well... with dual core. The current iPhone 5S with its little 1.3GHz dual core decimates its quad core multi-gb RAM competition in benchmarks... Again, when Apple feels they need to go quad core, they will... but a 64-bit dual core is more than capable of running games... and the future of 64-bit processing on iPhones has yet to be written. Apple's standard for new device releases, Twice as fast as last years, I think can be accomplished in the iPhone 6 without the need to go quad core.

You would be surprised how much more battery you need for a 4.6" 720p screen to match the current battery life of the 5S. A bigger battery would complement the faster processor, more ram and bigger screen.

I am surprised at how much battery Android devices require for a lot of things. Bigger screens being one of them. But seeing as there hasn't been an iPhone with a larger screen yet, we don't know how much extra battery a 4.5" or 4.6" or 5" 720p display will need compared to the 4" Retina on the current iPhone. Apple could introduce a new screen design other than the traditional IPS LCD, perhaps the rumored IGZO display technology from Chimei Innolux, that achieves the larger size and increased resolution, while reducing the amount of power needed to run it.

We don't know. All we know is, Apple's track record would indicate that they won't simply fall in line with the manufacturing practices of their competition. Going 64-bit, instead of quad-core with excessive clock speeds, is hard evidence of that. Apple will zig when everyone else is expecting them to zag...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods