With the 5C, every year will now be both tick and tock

onsenk

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Here's a small prediction. Now that Apple has created two new phones, it will continue to do this every year going forward. However, the company will maintain its tick-tock update schedule. The difference now is that next year, the flagship iPhone (currently the 5S), will get a tick (i.e., large update) and 5C will get a tock update, that is, a small(er) update. So, this year we got a brand-new iPhone 5C, and refined iPhone five in the S version. Next year, we will have a brand-new flagship iPhone, with a refined rather than new 5C update (5CS?). If this is the case, we should get a brand-new design every year from now on. Do you agree with this?

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Or you could just wait until upgrade is available cause upgrading yearly is a pain considering the wait and constant searching on top of the fees. It's just not worth it. More or less it has been like this. It will depend on how well the 5c is doing.

I think they would have been fine just releasing the 5s and ditch the 5c. Bigger issue is why is it they did not produce enough to meet or come close to demand on opening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Maybe, maybe not. I'm not so sure they will upgrade the low end phone every year. We will see.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The 5C has a relatively good camera -- 8 MP -- many LTE bands on the antenna, and runs iOS 7 very well.

Why couldn't it stand very well as the low-end iPhone for some time to come? They should get rid of the 4S next year -- reducing it to an 8 GB model was a bit of an insult. But the 5C could do well enough for a two-year run... to then be replaced by the 6C.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you're implying that we'll get a totally redesigned iPhone every year (like has been true every OTHER year with the existing devices), I don't agree with you at all.

zdn1042

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... Will it really be just 2 iPhones this year? There are some news floating around that Apple might release 2 sizes for the iPhone (the 4.7" & 5.7"). Though I don't think Apple will release more than 2 iPhones...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2