iPhone 6... should it be bigger than a 5" display?

If Apple goes bigger on the iPhone 6, how much bigger do you think they should go on the display?

• 4.5"

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • 5"

Votes: 51 45.5%
  • 5.5"

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 6"

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Large screens are a fad that comes and goes. I remember how people called my Treo a brick cause it was so big. Then we got the Centro and people oohed and ahed over it. It was tiny. We made fun of someone with an HTC something with a 5+ inch screen...which is now the norm with Android phones. They're too big. You want big - get a tablet.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Large screens are a fad that comes and goes. I remember how people called my Treo a brick cause it was so big. Then we got the Centro and people oohed and ahed over it. It was tiny. We made fun of someone with an HTC something with a 5+ inch screen...which is now the norm with Android phones. They're too big. You want big - get a tablet.

How can you tell someone else (who is spending his/her own hard-earned money) what is too big? What if someone told you that your phone was too small; if you want small, get a flip phone?

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
There's this guy at the gym I go to and he has one of those Android phablet phones. It looks like he's holding an iPad up to his ear.

Not my style, but if it works for him, whatever.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I trust Apple will do the obvious and move to 5" (while perhaps doubling the resolution) for the iphone 6X. As for the iphone 6? Keep it at 4".

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
How can you tell someone else (who is spending his/her own hard-earned money) what is too big? What if someone told you that your phone was too small; if you want small, get a flip phone?

I'm not telling you whatis too big. Just how history is repeating itself, and will probably continue to do so - going in cycles with screen size.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't vote in the poll because all of the sizes are too big for my liking, but if Apple were to go big with the iPhone 6, *I'd be happy* if its display did not exceed 4.3 inches.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I did get to play with a Moto X the other day and if Apple does do a larger screen they need to take a cue from Moto. The phone feels ridiculously small in the hand even though it is 4.7 inches. They managed to squeeze a big screen in to a small body that is still super easy to use one handed.

But I'd really prefer if they only took cues about the screen, not the camera :p. Woof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I?m still moved to a point beyond words when users from other platforms march in here telling us what Apple needs to do. It matters not whether they are android bots, blackberry addicts, or windows folks... and whether they are forum mods, admins or trolls... my reaction is the same: "meh".

But see this is why the us vs them mentality still exists. We are all tech lovers first and foremost. The platforms come after. So just because someone loves Blackberry, Android, WP, etc. doesn't mean they are poisoned to iOS. How many people have you seen with a BB, Android, etc and an iPod, iPad, iPad Mini? What I read he is not saying Apple needs a bigger screen to compete. He is saying next year IF Apple does a bigger screen. Does it make sense to do incremental steps like 3.5, 4, 5 or just go to 6? I think that is a valid question and interesting too.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
My thought is I love the current screen size. If there was a bigger size I would buy it but up to a certain size limit. My limit is 5" above that it's too big for me and I wouldn't bother with that model. A 6" iPhone doesn't make sense to me because that is so close to the iPad Mini. Since I don't see them doing a bigger screen and then a normal size screen it's hard for me to see them doing a size that will not be liked by the majority of the market. Like the 5c which addresses the majority of the market but not the entire market (cheap) they will most likely do a size that existing customers love and some segment of new customers will also love. They will never please everyone because everyone has a different idea of what size is comfortable and what is their limit.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I won't buy a bigger screen'd iPhone so I am hopeful they don't succumb to the push to go bigger. The 5 and 5S are already pushing my threshold and are too big as far as I am concerned. I don't have giant manhands, and it needs to remain something functional with one hand. Plus, at those sizes they're no longer pocketable, and that's a big deal to me, as I don't always carry a purse, and I don't want it hanging out of my pants.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I trust Apple will do the obvious and move to 5" (while perhaps doubling the resolution) for the iphone 6X. As for the iphone 6? Keep it at 4".

I really hope they they don't make it this big. For my hands, 4.5" will be the perfect size.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If the next iPhone design is bigger I'll stay with iPhone. Wouldn't consider anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2